Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Need help on change units attack
posted 02-19-08 06:50 PM EDT (US)   
I know there is topic on this but I still don't get how to do it can someone explain it more detail because I just start trying out creating my own scenario and I don't know how to change attack. After reading others who post the same topic it still doesn't help.
Replies:
posted 02-19-08 07:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  

You cannot use “Modify ProtoUnit” to change the “Attack”

Your only option is to use “Set Tech Status” and specify Home City Tech cards that enhance that attack for the units you want.

First check out the different cards in the home cities and look for “Attack” enhancement cards and make note for the name of the cards and the units they affect.

After that browse through the techs within the “Set Tech Status” effect and look for the techs with the same names.
Please note that all home city techs start with “HC”.
posted 02-19-08 07:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
What if the card I found increases attack and hp and how can i make it keep on repeating??
posted 02-19-08 07:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
What if the card I found increases attack and hp and how can i make it keep on repeating??
To repeat the effect and add more attack add a new effect that sets that TECH to “Unobtainable”, followed by another effect that sets it to “Obtainable”, and then finally add a third effect that sets it to “Active” once again.

You can then keep firing this trigger from other triggers in order to increase the attack again and again.
posted 02-20-08 06:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Oh Can you explain which one is on active, loop, or immediately run for all three of the trigger you have said?
posted 02-20-08 06:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  

I have listed 3 effects that can all be in the same trigger.

For every “Attack” upgrade you should set a separate trigger that in NONE active.
See example bellow:

Trigger Name: Attack Upgrade Heavy Cavalry
Not Active
Condition: Always
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “name of the upgrade”, Status= “Unobtainable”
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “name of the upgrade”, Status= “Obtainable”
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “name of the upgrade”, Status= “Active”

So each one of these triggers will have all 3 effects.

Now all you have to do is use the “Fire Event” effect in as many other triggers as you want and point to the “Upgrade” trigger you want.
This way you can call the same “Upgrade” trigger several times and keep upgrading the attack.
posted 02-20-08 09:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Here is what I did

Trigger0
Not Active
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “honor changdao”, Status= “Unobtainable”
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “honor changdao”, Status= “Obtainable”
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “honor changdao”, Status= “Active”

Then trigger1 fire event and i used it on trigger0

When I tried the scenario, the changdao only went to honor and that was it. When I put it on loop it grow unstoppingly fast. I dunno what to do. ANYTHING I DID WRONG?
posted 02-21-08 00:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
When I tried the scenario, the changdao only went to honor and that was it. When I put it on loop it grow unstoppingly fast. I dunno what to do. ANYTHING I DID WRONG?
First I would like to say that I am glad we made some progress.
We made it work but just not the way we wanted it to work.
We are only one step away from making it work properly.

When you put a trigger in a loop it will run none stop, so we have to make it stop after a few times.
So let’s say that this upgrade gives the unit 15% more attack and you want the unit to have 300% more attack.
In this case we want to make the trigger run 20 times and then stop.

So here is how your triggers should look:

Trigger1
Active
Effect: “Quest var set” QV1 = 0
Effect: “Fire Event” Trigger0

Trigger0
Not Active, Loop
Condition: “Quest var check” QV1 < 21
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “honor changdao”, Status= “Unobtainable”
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “honor changdao”, Status= “Obtainable”
Effect: “Set Tech Status”, Player=1, TECH= “honor changdao”, Status= “Active”
Effect: “Quest var modify” QV1 + 1

Trigger0 will run 20 times and will add 1 every time to QV1.
Once QV1 is 21 then the condition will not be true any more and the trigger will stop executing.

At this point you may want to deactivate Trigger0 to reduce lag so you can do that with the following trigger.

Trigger2
Active
Condition: “Quest var check” QV1 > 20
Effect: “Disable Trigger” Trigger0
posted 02-21-08 05:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Oh Thank you it worked.
Also about units how do I make it kill xp higher like when a unit is killed you will see +10 or +30 on the screen when a unit dies. How do I change that??
posted 02-21-08 09:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
how do I make it kill xp higher like when a unit is killed you will see +10 or +30 on the screen when a unit dies. How do I change that??
You can check the number of units that were killed via the “Stat Value” condition using the “Enemy Units Killed” Stat Type.
The only problem is that you will have to have many such triggers (e.g. every 5 kills) in order to keep giving the player extra XP based on additional kills.

The Effect that you want to use in this case is “Grant Resources” where “Resource” is XP.
posted 02-22-08 02:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
posted 02-22-08 04:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
I have another problem on scenario is that computers don't attack me and all they do is sit there doing nothing. Also how do I start at imperial age. I used the trigger to lvl up but then I find out I can't research anything thats in war academy so I am stuck with regular weak units. Also how do I make treasures and the mercenaries I wanted to create from the monastery? Finally How do I change my hc in a scenario??
posted 02-22-08 08:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
I have another problem on scenario is that computers don't attack me and all they do is sit there doing nothing.
Is the AI building structures and is it developing its economy?
If not then read this link:
My computer players don't move

There is also the AI difficulty level that you need to consider.
You want to set the difficulty level to “Moderate” or “Hard”.
Otherwise the default difficulty is “Sandbox” and the AI will never attack you.

To set the difficulty level you will need pftq’s advanced triggers (it’s called “Change Difficulty” I believe), see link:
pftq’s Advanced Triggers Set
Also how do I start at imperial age
Use Player: setage

Make sure you read the instructions there carefully.
I used the trigger to lvl up but then I find out I can't research anything thats in war academy so I am stuck with regular weak units.
I am not following you here.
What trigger to level up?

You can upgrade units via “Set Tech Status” after the player advanced to the right age.
Example – GuardHussar once the player is in Industrial.
Also how do I make treasures and the mercenaries I wanted to create from the monastery?”
Can you be more specific?

Do you want to add treasures to your map?
If so just place the object “Treasure” via the Editor’s “Place Object” functionality.

I am not sure what treasures and the mercenaries have to do with monastery?
Finally How do I change my hc in a scenario??
Is your scenario for Multiplayer or Single player?

If it’s single player then you would have to edit the home city in a text editor.
For multiplayer home cities open the following thread and look for the “Making High Home City Levels” section:
Custom Scenarios Online - Tips and Tricks
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Need help on change units attack
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames