New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Population Unlocker

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Population Unlocker

Author File Description
nicifer
File Details
Game Version: TAD
Reposting an old file if anyone needs it. C++ source included (do what you want with it)

Non modders go here -> http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=14&tn=38455&st=2

This executable will remove the hardcoded 250 population limit in TAD 1.03 and set it to a value you choose. It will work with multiplayer games too, provided all the players have the same files and run this program. DON'T USE IT ON ESO because I don't know how the anti-cheat system would react, if there is any (anyway it is not a cheat and can't be used to cheat).

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Open techtreey.xml and add these lines to the starting tech of each civ (i.e. "Age0French"), or make your own tech. Adjust the amount at your will

EDIT: Use PopulationCapExtra instead of PopulationCapBonus, I think it's better (I don't remember why).

<Effect type ='Data' amount ='100.00' subtype ='PopulationCapExtra' relativity ='Absolute'>
<Target type ='Player'></Target></Effect>

Never use Iroquois Mother Earth dance (or remove it from techtreey if you prefer)
2) Run popunlock.exe whenever you want before starting a game in TAD. You'll see a confirmation message when the patch is applied.

ADVANCED:
The default increase applied by popunlock is up to 400. Pass another number as a command line parameter if you want more, i.e.

popunlock.exe 600

more info here http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,38426,60,all

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
AuthorReviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Rivie
Rating
Hello nicifer ,

Will this work with Improvement Mod v5.1? Thanks?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:2,305
Favorites: [Who?]3
Size:12.22 KB