Miscellaneous Files » ReplaceTexture Bug Solver

Download File Post Review Post Comment

ReplaceTexture Bug Solver

Author File Description
Titan Joker
File Details
Game Version: AoE3
ReplaceTexture Solver

The ReplaceTexture bug, for those who don't know, is when your game get's "tired" of loading custom textures for objects, such as buildings and units, therefore it reverts back to a model original textures. Mods with a big number of textures, such as Total and Partial conversions, are usually the more affected, but for small mods that use a small RAM can also be affected. The ReplaceTexture bug was matter became a matter of tests and studies from mod's teams and creators to stop that bug.

Lately the discussion as increased and bug was finally surpressed. This bone allows to save your mod from this bug. The models need to be preloaded for the bug not to occur, but if the models are all simultaneously loaded, this will cause a great amount of lag in your game.This file will prevent that lag, and now you can prevent RT bug from happening without worries.

HOW TO USE IT:

1) Attach the models you wan't to add a custom texture to this bone.
2) You can either make a new unit or attach the bone to a TC (altought if the TC get's destroyed it's better to create a new unit), if you do create a new unit, the bone with all it's attached models need to be in it's anim file. Example featuring Eastern barracks are included in the zip.
3) If you had created a new unit instead of attaching to the town center, then make it sure it's a starting unit (edit the civs.xml to do soo)
4) Enjoy a game with your unique costume textures, without being afraid to lose them.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Huanglukuzhu - For the idea of the preloading of the models.
Musketeer925 - For further devolpment ideas, and testing of the bone.
Golden Dragon - For further development ideas and for reanimating the discussion
Mister SCP - For teaching me how to make bones
Alexastor - For helping me with solving the distance-lag problem
The modding community and anyone that took part in this
discussion.
THANK YOU ALL
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
IvanPatagon Hello!! first of all, I love WotTa!!! But unfortunately, I don't know to fix this bug at all, Can somebody please explain me how to fix the ReplaceTexture bug from the first step?
IvanPatagon Hello!! first of all, I love WotTa!!! But unfortunately, I don't know to fix this bug at all, Can somebody please explain me how to fix the ReplaceTexture bug from the first step?
Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:332
Favorites: [Who?]2