Recent Updates

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Gwyndlegard

Author File Description
Lord Basse
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix

Gwyndlegard was a peaceful country until two and a half years ago when it's jealous neighbour to the north-west, Xioché, invaded it with a force of thirty thousand led by the military geniuses Count Tengil and the witch Queen Xaphira. After the peace treaty two years ago, Xioché holds most of Gwyndlegard under occupation, save for the last free city to the east, Pumpkindon, where the country's leader Lord Mezenghi now lives.

In the country's southernmost province, Gwynhill, tension is now growing. A sergeant called Immanuel has long wanted to ambush the local Xiochan governor and start a rebellion, and when said governor takes slaves from Gwynhill village, a clear violation of the peace treaty, he gets his chance. Unfortunately his girlfriend is among the ones taken as slaves so the quest becomes quite personal.

You will take the role as Immanuel and his close friends to criss-cross the country, save your girlfriend Emily and free Gwyndlegard from the evil witch's claws in this humorous epic!

FEATURES:

• A giant map with great variety, from green green forests to open plains and snow-covered mountain tops,
• A mix of playing styles including AI-driven Build & Destroy, stealth mission in RPS and criss-crossing Fixed Force,
• A rather epic scenario that doesn't end after an hour or two,
• 965 triggers, for those who want to know
• Partially spoken dialogue (not self-made though, be thankful for that!),
• Focus on story and gameplay; no mods, data changes or overly complicated trigger tricks,
• An overdose of weird Basse humour!

Brought to you by StormWind Studios.

The story continues in The Rockspring Revolution.

Want to see what happened to Marvin and Rob after they left you in this scenario? Check out The Epic Adventures of Marvin and Rob!

The final act of the story can be found in The Relics of Athalën
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
I'm almost two hours into the game now, but this is surely an entertaining piece of work! The story is fun and engaging and it's good to see you're putting much of what I've seen in your smaller works into this.
whatever wingwun wants
(id: Pears)
About to download, this will be one of the best games ever made

EDIT Review coming soon

[Edited on 06/27/10 @ 12:37 AM]

RON PAUL 2016
(id: Turty)
Finally!
Joshua4missions Congrats Basse on finishing this, must be a big (AoK) load off your back. May take a few days as I have loads of new ideas for PSG.

joshua4missions :)

[Edited on 01/01/14 @ 11:43 AM]

slayer0854 Lord Basse this is one amazing game so far. I had to stop because I think I encountered a bug or something. On the part when you have to go the the port to get access to Wales Island Im at the port but nothing happens. What do I do?
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks for the comments folks. :)

@Slayer
Attack the port, Mezenghi will send his aid once you charge. Be careful not lose any heroes there though, the defenders are quite strong.
slayer0854 I could walk into the port freely it doesn't change to enemy or do anything. I really wanna play it but nothings happening.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Well that's odd. Did you go to the revealed spot with your heroes first? I think that's the trigger making the port guards your enemies.
slayer0854 Ahhh, I found it out. Thanks I'll continue until I beat it.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Neat. Hope you don't encounter any more bugs. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.6
Balance4.5