File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Number of players: 8
Screenshot:
UDP Deathly Cliffs v7.36
Main Creator : >Heros<=ScenCreator*
Enhanced By : KakiharaBeast

Map Description :
U Da Prey with huge amount of bonuses added in it.

Over +8888 triggers!

Hunter is always Green.

Online Settings :
------------------------
Game Speed : Fast
Reveal Map : Normal or Explorer
Starting Age : Standard*
Victory : Standard*
>Team Together*
>Lock Teams*
(Always go with no teams when inside a lobby)
------------------------

After the game starts host must choose a difficulty or else it will automaticly choose Medium if the host did not pick anything.

There are many difficulties to choose from, choose what is best for the hunter.

Preys can win after they survive for 3:00 hours (Press F11 when you play to show the timer)

Preys hints :
1. You only have one hero in the harald's group called as "Prey" if he died you lose the match.
2. There are many Gaias (grey units) in this map, you have to go near a Gaia to get him.
3. Kills/Razings/Converts gives you bonuses no matter how much you get, you will always get better bonuses when you get more.
4. Collect relics to get great power rewards.
5. Getting villager is the best solution to either camp or to attack hunter's middle base after you get a huge army.
6. You can buy units at the Goldshop for more army, Stoneshop for ships, at west is the Foodshop you can buy (+100 hp, +50 ap for all units/buildings), You can shop only using a Harald.

Hunter hints :
1. If your King in the middle dies you lose the match.
2. You have to find and collect relics and bring them back to the monasteries to get gold.
Some of the Hunter Monks are in the middle base near monasteries, and some of them are outside the base.
3. Try to gather units and block areas like the goldshop,foodshop,monks area,villagers places with your units such as Trebuchets, Haralds, Charles Martels, Genghis Khans or any other strong units.
4. Collect units and put them on ice to make them stronger.
5. You can use any king to buy at your base.
6. Don't give up, you will keep getting strong waves after the time goes by.

All civilizations have a unique bonus for preys and hunter, you can read all of the information inside the zip file attached.

The map will place Gaia Units, Hunter Monkeys, Monks, ABGALs and Gaia Relics at random places everytime you play it.
It will also random change some landscape in the map.

--------------------------------------------------

All thanks goes to Heros for inspiring me to do all of this work on this map.

If you found a bug, unbalanced bonus, please send feedback to me in GameRanger id "734551"
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
vvv yank Folks, this is the best game ever made for AOE. When you get comfortable on how to play this game it is very addictive and will supply you with hours upon hours of great strategic gaming action.

Way to go KikiharaBeast, you have outdone yourself with this gem of a game.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
UDP - The Deathly Cliffs is a multiplayer U Da Prey scenario originally created by >Heroes< and enhanced by KakiharaBeast. The idea of the scenario is that you have 7 players who are the Prey and 1 hunter. The Hunter has an unbelievably large army of over 300 unit covering the entire map, whilst the prey start with 2 super units which constantly power-up, and have the option to buy more units ford gold they earn for gaining kills. The prey's objective is to survive for 3 hours, whilst the hunter's objective is to kill all of the prey.

Playability: 5
I have played many UDP scenarios over the years, and the Deathly Cliff has always been my favourite by far. It is one of the most creative and well-balanced UDPs out there, and the constant surprises in the gameplay make for a fun game. This is always my go to game when playing multiplayer with my friends as it brings hours of joy and entertainment as the preys taunt the hunter with non-stop movement, and the hunter tactically ties to surround the prey with their mass numbers of soldiers. With over 8888 triggers there are no bugs in the scenario, which is astonishing, and even though there are over 3000 units of the map, I have never really encountered any lag with this scenario.

Balance: 5
For a game which involved one team with 2 starting units and another with over 3000, UDP - The Deathly Cliffs is perfectly balanced, and that the idea of the scenario. To have one team survive wave after wave of hunter attacks. The Prey's units gain power-ups for each kill they make, and can find a number of ice pads throughout the map which gift them extra power-ups the longer they stay on them. This allows for a perfect balance, and even though the hunter greatly outnumbers the Prey, the Prey can kill the hunters units in one hit. The prey are also gifted additional rewards such as extra units and hp/ap upgrades as well. Both the Prey and the Hunter have shops which they can use to weaken their opponents. The prey can buy additional units and ships with their gold, whilst the hunter can use his gold to close the prey's shops and buy technologies such as spies.

Creativity: 5
UDP scenario are and incredibly creative concept that require alot of work and many many triggers. This scenario has 8888 triggers, just to give you some perspective of the colossal workload that has gone into it. Whilst this isn't the only, or first, UDP, it is certainly the most creative I have played. The clever bonuses that can be found lying around are very clever, and require some technical trigger work to activate, such as allowing the hunter to research spied for only 10 minutes, or giving the prey an unknown special unit. The prey's unit rewards are great and nice surprises for the prey as they work hard to keep building their army in order to survive the hunter.

Map Design: 4
UDP - The Deathly Cliffs is built on a giant map, and every single inch of it is covered. The map showcases a number of nice design elements and terrains, from a cliff covered jungle in the west, to snow in the north and a desert area in the east. Slap bang in the middle of the map is the Hunter base, where all of his best soldiers are kept, and where he commands is mass operation to hunt down his prey. Whilst the map design itself is nothing special it suits the purpose for the scenario perfectly. The design is very nice, and you can tell a great deal of effort has gone into it, with a suitably designed base for the hunter and interconnecting roads around the map to give the prey an idea of his whereabout. There isn't much in terms of terrain mixing or eye-candy but that's not really the point of the scenario. There's just too much going on for you to notice it anyway, and it'll more than likely get in the way of the action.

Story/Instructions: 4
As with most multiplayer scenario, there's not much of a story to this scenario. It's all about the gameplay rather than the story, but the instructions are splendid. The instructions on how the play the game and survive are clear and well-written and there is a helpful hints section to give the players details and some of the random events and gameplay aspects of this particular scenario. Overall, it's a very easy game for a newcomer to play.

Additional Comments:
UDP - The Deathly Cliffs is an absolute blast! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to play something a bit different that your typical B&D/Death Match RM game. It's my all-time favourite multiplayer game, and I strongly suggest that you all give it ago.

Thanks
Possidon
hsn0 the best map i have ever played, thank you very much, ( my name is hsn ).
MaFa Hey, I might be looking into making this map DE version compatible. If you or anyone has a version with visible triggers names would be great if you let me know! :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0