Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Relics of Athalën

Author File Description
Lord Basse
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 7

This is the sequel to Gwyndlegard, its bastard child/spin-off The Epic Adventures of Marvin & Rob, and The Rockspring Revolution. If you haven't played either of them, you might still enjoy this campaign, but the story will make more sense if you play them in the right order!

FEATURES:
• A 7 scenarios long campaign!
• Various gameplay styles: pure B&D, Fixed Force, one-on-one boss fights and stealth missions.
• Extensive modding: around 400 new units (soldiers, buildings, eye-candy and other stuff) made uniquely for this campaign.
• An epic in the literal sense of the word - quite likely bigger in gameplay hours than "Gwyndlegard" and "The Rockspring Revolution" combined!
• Emphasis, as usual, on the storyline, humour and atmosphere, although I try to spruce it up with new ideas for gameplay as well!
• A vastly expanded Gwyndlegard universe,
• Music from a wide range of composers, including Ramin Djawadi, Howard Shore, Russell Shaw and Kevin MacLeod.
• A grand conclusion to the Gwyndlegard trilogy!
• Insivible flying bananas!

STORY:
This campaign starts right where The Rockspring Revolution left off. Our hero Immanuel returns to his home province of Gwynhill, and his soon-to-be-wife Emily. Immanuel longs for peace and quiet, and the opportunity to finally marry his beloved girlfriend, and for a short while it looks as if his dreams will come true. But a campaign isn't very interesting if it's all peaceful and quiet, is it?

Out in the ocean, at a top-security prison, five iron-clad, monstrous ships show up at the horizon. They blast a hole in the wall of the prison, and its most dangerous prisoner escapes. Xaphira, the former Queen of Xioché, is on the loose.

The news travel swiftly to Gwynhill, and the local priest and recovering alcoholic Father Garnas is very troubled by it. For the past two years he has been studying an artifact that was used in the war against Xaphira (as seen in "Gwyndlegard"), The Relic of the Rock, and he has made some astonishing discoveries. He believes that it is one of the four Relics of Athalën, immensely powerful artifacts created by the ancient king Athalën, the man who founded and ruled the Old Kingdom for a thousand years. Father Garnas fears that Xaphira knows of the relic, and that she is coming to Gwynhill to get it. He thinks that she too knows of the power of the four relics: that with them you can shape the world completely as you wish to see it, and possibly live forever. And indeed he is right, and Xaphira comes as a thief in the night and snatches The Relic of the Rock away.

It is now up to you, as Immanuel, to make sure Xaphira doesn't get her hands on all four of the relics.

SCREENSHOTS:
Gates of the Old Kingdom | An army has amassed | An indoors scene | Up on a rooftop | Into Xioché | A peaceful monastery | Bigass Castle | An abandoned city | A faraway village | Naval action | A quick stop in Arthalien | A monument in the mountains | Mountain stream | Abandoned mineshaft

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This campaign requires the 1.0c patch for The Conquerors to work.

CAN I PLAY THIS WITH THE HD/2013 EDITION?

Yes you can! For this you will need the AoE2HD Compatibility Patch, which you can download here. More information on how to install this for HD is included in the download.

This campaign is brought to you by StormWind Studios!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
John the Late Oh how we have been awaiting this one!

*downloads*
Reganknight
(id: Reganknight1597)
Great job Lord Basse. The first scenario was epic!
Lord_VenGalen *Downland*
HockeySam18
Staff
Official Reviewer
I thoroughly enjoyed testing this. Download it, everyone!
rewaider Just finished playing it and...
OMG!! This is so freaking awesome! The battles, the graphics, the gameplay, the final, the scrolling credits.......
I can't imagine the effort the autor had to make this campaign

[Edited on 04/20/14 @ 11:42 AM]

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Way to go an upload this just as my holiday is over. Cheers Basse. But I'm sure I can find some time to play it and maybe write a review for you.
Sir Dolphin 2 That looks really interesting. I remember playing Gwyndlegard and TEAOM&R and enjoying them a lot, but also being disappointed by the story. Can't wait to start playing this!
The Furry My Age of empires crashed so many times playing this.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks for the compliments, folks!

@The Furry,
Weird. The last few times I played through the campaign there was only one crash, and that was after the first scenario... :/

[Edited on 04/23/14 @ 01:52 AM]

The Furry @Lord Basse: It crashed in the Cinematic once Immanuel reached his house. I didnt wanna play the whole scenario again so I used a cheat code to finish it and had to pick on what happen to "him".

It crashed on the 2nd scenario when I was climbing the stairs once we captured it. I took off all the units off it and kept the main units on it. Crashed again. So I had to skip foward AGAIN.

Then on the 3rd one it crashed right after the monkeys came out and attacked us.

I really want to play it since I was a long time fan of the trilogy and loved your creations. If theres a way I can fix it I would give you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0