Mod Packs » Wheel of Time: End of the Third Age - Beta

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Wheel of Time: End of the Third Age - Beta

Author File Description
Seonid
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what is, and what is to come may yet fall under the Shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

-----------------------------------------------

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long-forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Age of Kings by some, a mod arose in the AoKH Blacksmith. The mod was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

-----------------------------------------------

Wheel of Time - End of the Third Age is a total conversion mod for Age of Empires II. It requires both the Conqueror's expansion and the c-patch.

This mod installs UserPatch v1.4, and is fully compatible with any other UserPatch-enabled mods that use the Games folder.

This beta version contains 4 civilizations - the Andorans, the Altarans, the Ghealdanin, and the Tairens. More civilizations will be added in the future. The AI is capable of playing as both Andorans and Ghealdanin, and will be updated in the future to include more civs.

Features:
Effective combat units available from the start of the game allow you to pressure your opponents from the very beginning.

Completely redesigned and rebalanced game mechanics offer a huge variety of units for each civilization.

Train heavily armored noble units capable of withstanding insane amounts of punishment, or build swarms of peasant levies to overwhelm your enemy's defenses.

New Age mechanics: Choose a faction to lead during the 3rd age, and pledge allegiance to an empire in the 4th age. Each faction and allegiance tech either enables new units or upgrades existing units.

Control powerful channeler (magic user) units to dominate the battlefield in the late game, ranging from the brutal Asha'man to the manipulative Aes Sedai.

Beta: This mod is in beta testing version. The biggest task of this period is to find any game bugs that slipped through the earlier testing process, and to refine the game balance. If you have any bugs or balance suggestions, please post them at the forum topic here.

Future versions will include more civilizations, graphics updates, and an installer that adds the Userpatch Games folder functionality. A full list of the credits for the unit graphics, with links to the Blacksmith files, can be found at the forum topic.

[UPDATES:]
1/19/2015 - Reverted files back to version 0.85. the final stable alpha test variant. Fixed bugs with Installer, now automatically installs into the UserPatch Games folder. Also installs UP v1.4

Also updated the AI (now called Mahdi Dai).

11/19/2016 - Updated to version 1.91.7 Beta.
All 11 civilizations are now present, with working AI. A number of bugs have also been fixed.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Knaber Features:
Game crashes.... YAYyyy

[Edited on 08/29/14 @ 12:45 PM]

Seonid
File Author
Seriously?! I'll get it fixed and update...
That_Girl Will this mod affect or compromise the main game or any other mods I have installed?
Seonid
File Author
Yes, right now it will. It directly affects the base game files.

However, as soon as I can find time to get the installer working (which might be the same thing as fixing Knaber's crash), it will use the Userpatch's Games folder, and will not affect any other mods or the base game.
That_Girl Very well. I suppose this one will have to wait, then. I'll be back round to give it a go when that's ready. Sorry, Mate.
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
I'd really suggest simply copy and pasting the Age of Empires folder and installing the mod on the copy. That way you can retain the original experience, but also enjoy the mod through the other folder. ;)
Seonid
File Author
Hey, Mashek, was that a general suggestion, or have you actually gotten the mod to work? I'm looking for crash reports to try and fix Knaber's problem.
MrMew Isn't the reason it crashed because civilisations have been added and not replaced? So wouldn't an xml file be needed?
Akkatus Hasit been updated yet?? I really would love to play this game....
Seonid
File Author
The mod has now been updated! Sorry for taking so long, but it should be working now. It is also compatible with all other Userpatch based mods!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:629
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:38.56 MB