Mod Packs » Dynasty Warriors Chinese ReVamp

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Dynasty Warriors Chinese ReVamp

Author File Description
Havie
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This is my First Mod, IT IS FOR FORGOTTEN EMPIRES NON-HD. Can be found here : http://www.forgottenempires.net/install

I always wanted to put Lu Bu into Age of Empires, and finally figured out how.

This Mod Includes Multiple Heroes from Dynasty warriors added to the game, 5 of which can be trained at the Chinese castle, barracks, and stable after researching Town Watch.

Almost all Chinese Units have gotten a complete new Look or Rework. Including the Buildings in Castle / Imperial Age. Changed the Chu Ku Nu to be a Shield Unit to better represent the Three Kingdoms era.

I changed the Chinese Starting Passives, and Custom Researches.

Just Follow the Read me included in the Zip.

This mod couldn't have been done without Many others work. I found alot of Files I changed on http://www.hawkaoc.net/
Main consideration goes to Jagged Empire Warrior, He had alot of the heroes modeled and made as 320x200 pngs, I converted them down to the proper size/bmp.

Others to thank are to Jorgito_aqua27, Mahazona , And everyone who helped me on the Forums here at Aok.Heavengames.com

[img]http://i.imgur.com/meMHKb7.jpg[/img]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
nguyenmaithu How can i install?
Havie
File Author
Well you would download the file, extract the files using winrar or 7zip. open the read me and it explains where to put each file enclosed
danilu excuse me, i dont know if i installed it right or what, but it doesnt look like the image that you show, it actually looks very very strange, im guessing i installed it wrong, i followed instructions, idk wht happened, just chinese have all the units right?
rakovsky Danilou,
That's right, in general, only the Chinese units change. I did notice that the Japanese Player's two-handed swordsman unit changed at one point, so I am inclined to think that the two-handed swordsman changes for all players.

LET ME MAKE CLEAR HOW TO INSTALL THE MOD:

Step 1. Have AOE2: The Conquerors 1.0 (The original 2000 Version) installed on your computer.
I installed AOE2:TC using CDs, but a "No CD" copy of AOE2:TC should work as long as you can install the "Forgotten Empires" Mod on top of it. I did not install the "AOE2:TC 1.0c" patch to use these mods or to make the scenario.

Step 2. Install the "Forgotten Empires" Mod. Forgotten Empires' "Manual Installation" that used fe_update.zip worked for me. It is here: http://www.forgottenempires.net/install
Note: The "Forgotten Empires" Mod is not "AOE2:The Forgotten (2013 HD version)". You must install Forgotten Empires on top of the original version of AOE2.

Step 3. Install Havie's "Dynasty Warriors Chinese ReVamp" Mod.
To install Havie's Mod, download his "FGFilesNonHD.rar" file. You can open it with a free .RAR reader like 7-Zip (available at 7-zip.org).
Back up and files with the same names and locations as the Mod's files' names and target locations so that you can more easily change your game back to the way that it was when you will finish playing with Havie's Mod.
Next, copy the sounds_x1.drs file in your downloaded "FGFilesNonHD.rar" file into your computer's Age of Empires II\Data folder.
Then, copy the other .drs, .dll, and .dat files in your downloaded "FGFilesNonHD.rar" file into your computer's "Age of Empires II\Games\Forgotten Empires\Data" folder.

[Edited on 01/13/21 @ 12:15 AM]

rakovsky
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions3.5
Usefulness/Novelty: 3.5

NOVELTY

I really liked this mod's novelty - the idea of making a Dynasty Warriors mod with the theme and characters of the famous "Romance of the Three Kingdoms."

- Lu Bu's character has a neat feature where he can mount and dismount from his horse using the pack/unpack function. Lu Bu's character is the unit with the tall pole in the picture in the Mod's Description message on this webpage.

- You can retrain your heroes from their structures that produce them (eg. the Castle trains Lu Bu), but you cannot train a second one if the first one you trained is still alive.

- The Market, Houses, University and Monastery Buildings have an especially cool look.

USEFULNESS

The graphics were mostly pretty cool, but there were some flaws or weaknesses that hurt how useful the Mod would be, like how the university's base's graphics expand over extra tiles on its sides when the Player reaches the Imperial Age.

- The "cow" unit is a bear. I don't know if this is a feature carried over from Forgotten Empires.

- The Pikeman and Man-at-arms units are aqua or blue regardless of their Player's color, which is not a problem if your Player is aqua or blue, but most Players are not.

- Similarly, the Cavalier and Two-handed swordsmen have red or orange and don't change color to match their Players' colors.

- The "Building" Tab in the Editor's Unit Placement menu has two entries listed for Lu Bu, implying that the Lu Bu hero unit can be placed from the building menu. But when I tried to place the Lu Bu unit using that Building menu entry, my game crashed. I was only able to place the Lu Bu unit from the Hero menu. This is not a big problem, but it's still a glitch for this to make the game crash.

---------------------------------------

Quality/Instructions: 3.5

QUALITY

The quality had a neat side to it, because some of the graphics were impressive. But some units' graphics were primitive.

- The elephant archers occasionally become invisible. I don't know whether it's a problem with the Mod or with Forgotten Empires in general.

- The "Xia Liang Cavalry" unit strangely is not on a horse and resembles an arbalest or crossbow unit.

- In the Castle, you can research a technology whose description says that it allows Ma Chao to train "Chinese Cavalry." But after researching the technology, the Ma Chao unit didn't have that ability. I don't know if there is a specific unit named "Chinese cavalry", but it could just refer to Stable units in general.

- Some units had pretty good graphics, but a few liked the Champion unit seemed somehow primitive, glossy, and seemed like they were floating over the ground.

INSTRUCTIONS

The instructions in general were straightforward enough, like where to move the files to make the mod work, but a few tings were not clear enough.

It would be helpful if the Designer gave a list of the changes he made and the new units that he introduced.

- I didn't understand what the Designer meant when he wrote "I changed the Chinese Starting Passives". I asked about it on the forum and Filthydelphia replied as follows: {"I don't know for sure but I'm going to guess that when Havie referred to changing the "Chinese Starting Passives" he meant their passive civilization bonus (e.g., getting extra Villagers and less starting resources)."}

---------------------------------------

Additional Comments:

To clarify, only the Chinese Players' units change as a result of the Mod, so Japanese units don't change. There seem to be a few units that are exceptions though, because the Japanese Player's two-handed swordsmen also changed to look like the Chinese ones.

I made a Scenario using this Mod called Emperor Xian's Dream that I submitted today. It is meant to showcase the Mod, although it's categorized as a "Build and Destroy" scenario.

LIST OF UNITS MODDED:

Arbalest
Cavalier and Light Cavalry (the latter upgrades to the former)
Champion, Man-at-arms, and Militia (they are different upgrade levels of each other)
Chu Ko Nu
Basic Pikeman (there are two "Pikeman" units in the list of Gaia units, and only one is modded)
Longswordsman
Spearman
Two-handed Swordsman (this unit also changes in appearance if its upgraded)
Xia Liang Cavalry

Chinese ships look the same as all Asian ships, ie. they have jagged-looking sails.

-----------------------------------------

LIST OF BUILDINGS' ARCHITECTURE MODDED:

Castle Age: Blacksmith, House, Market, Mill, Logging Camp, Monastery, Siege Workshop, Town Center

Imperial/Post-Imperial: Barracks, Archery, Keep, Stable, University

All of the ages have at least some slightly modded buildings, I think.

It isn't clear if the Monument/Wonder (Temple of Heaven) was modded. The Mod might brighten it, but it looks about the same otherwise.

-----------------------------------------

HERO CHARACTERS' BACKGROUND:

Havie's Mod includes six heroes: Zhao Yun, Ma Chao, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei. It is worth having a brief overview of the characters:

In the end of the 2nd Century AD, three of the strongest Chinese warlords were Lu Bu, Cao Cao, and Liu Bei. Lu Bu was born in Jiuyan County in Inner Mongolia and was called the "Flying General." In 192 AD, Lu Bu rebelled against and killed the warlord Dong Zhuo, who wielded abusive power over the Han government and Emperor Xian. Lu Bu fled the capitol, and he sided with the warlord Yuan Shu in 198.

The second key warlord in the dream, Cao Cao, moved his headquarters to Xuchang in 196 and persuaded Emperor Xian to move the capitol there. Cao Cao was appointed "Minister of Works" and "General in Chief." Cao Cao allied with Liu Bei to defeat Lu Bu at the Battle of Xiapi in 199, and he killed Lu Bu afterwards. As a result, he was able to take over the northern provinces.

The generals of the third key warlord, Liu Bei, included Zhao Yun, Ma Chao, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei. Luo Guanzhong's 14th Century novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" called them "Tiger Generals." Zhao Yun came from Zhengding County and served Liu Bei in Shu Han. The novel called him the "General Who Guards the West." He served Liu Bei in the 208 Battle of Changban and in the Han Zhong Campaign.
rakovsky I made a Scenario for this Mod, called "Emperor Xian's Dream":
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=13670

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5