Mod Packs » Cavalry of aisa

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Cavalry of aisa

Author File Description
leong_winglam
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
they are using in china,mongolia & korea.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mahazona Great looking unit.
Knaber Very nice indeed!
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.5
Cavalry of Asia is a new unit by leong_winglam. Made through copy and paste, this unit represents and Asian Paladin equipped with a sword, that is riding on a horse which has its own chainmail skirt.

Usefulness/Novelty: 5
There are so many possibilities for this unit. Originally designed as an Asian Paladin this unit looks quite generic so it can be used for any civilzation as an armoured knight or a hero unit. I personally think it fits the Middle Eastern civilizations extremely well and used it’s to represent Saladin in a Mod Pack I am making. The possibilities are endless and this unit is a welcome edition to the scenario editor. I’ve not seen many other units that look like this with an armoured horse and it creates a novel addition to the editor.

Quality/Instructions: 4.5
The quality of this unit is absolutely flawless. The author has shown much skill in modding with Photoshop, using both copy and paste and drawing techniques. The author has used copy and paste to create the soldier and used his own design techniques to create the horses armour. Copy and paste units are the hardest units to create because you have to find elements from various units that blend together nicely in all angles and for each action (attacking, dying, walking, etc). This, plus the time it actually takes to copy and paste these units together smoothly, makes these sort of units unbelievably hard to create but leong_winglam has done an incredible job with this unit. The animation in this unit is very smoothly and I can even say flawless. There is nothing to complain about here. Being a copy and paste unit ensures that this unit blends in perfectly with the rest of the graphics in game and it comes equip with player colour, and has accurately set anchors in the SLP.

Additional Comments:
Overall this unit is a really welcome edition to the AOK editor. It is a realistic and unique unit which blends in perfectly to the game and is of superb quality. An absolutely recommended download.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0