Mod Packs » WAIFor's Amusement Mod 2.4

Download File Post Review Post Comment

WAIFor's Amusement Mod 2.4

Author File Description
WAIFor
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This is a Mod based on 1.0A genie data, but with Userpatch 1.5 beta core.
With this, you can still do skirmishes like original version. But if you create scenarios, features would be present!
WAIFor's Amusement Mod is an amusement mod, mainly contains modern units like vehicles and buildings. But there are also fun things like anime characters, monsters and RPG elements.
In the Mod, I added many homemade things, including resources in MPS period: Chinese pavilion, railway signal lights, RA2 buildings and tanks, even Hatsune Miku. In old times, those are only visual changed. But now, they are added with new featured data!
Besides, there are many units converted from other games, but not modded before. For example, characters in The Games Factory, buildings from Soldier's Strike Online, or sprites of glu's Age of Empires 3: The Asian Dynasties. They are singular, but might be useful.
You can use them as modern sncenarios, like railway, flats, automobiles, etc. Even if your goal is ancient, you can also take those things. For example, put icon posts in front of shops in RPG, strengthen stone walls with cupboards or decorate woods with DreamLoader trees.
Some new units also have tech trees. Many players have had a dream of battle between Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires 2, so the dream came true in Amusement Mod. You can develop an allied or soviet base from an MCV. Work in with other modern features, you'll feel like in real RA2! Little humans - you may call them Hobbits - also have tech trees, similar with normal human, but simpler and faster.
Many new fantastic skills are shown in the game. For example, make units teleported by tunnels, melee spearman transform into skirmisher or on the contrary, and many new builders with new building pages. You would feel amazing when you play.
Thanks to Userpatch 1.5, we can now train any units in any buildings. So you can train anime girls in town center, or replace houses with yurts for villagers. Also, those units' cost and train/build time is customable.
Not only common attributes like hit points or speeds can be changed via triggers, but almost any attributes! You can change a knight as sheep shape, or an archer with female voices - Do those by WAIFor's triggers!
WAIFor triggers can also change units, do instant garrisons and other many pretty effects. Within Gizmo module, we can easily add new extra triggers.
You may be confused in selecting correct units when hidden units are unlocked in scenario editor, because they are same named. In the Mod, we don't have to be annoyed at all, in the list all units are shown with names, internal names and ids, so none of them are same! Besides, you can toggle all hidden units' appearance, just press hot keys!
Have fun.
WAIFor, Oct. 5th, 2017.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
WAIFor
File Author
To adamproxdude33:

At present, no more unit will be added.
adamproxdude33 ah right i would enjoy to see what you could come up with
LuxBellum i am not able to play it, how do you install this? AOKTC folder does not exist.

Edit: In order to play this mod properly you should go into regular match, not campaign, because it asks for CD, then start a regular match and create first a bulldozer unit on the tc, which basically installs all military buildings and houses, but keep it up with villagers because they're the only resource to get gold, wood, stone, food. Bulldozers dont do those tasks.

All units need more hp, except cobra car
Navy units are missing
Need more vision distance, missile launcher is supposeed to see longer than a tebruchet

[Edited on 01/26/18 @ 08:22 PM]

dontstayafk nice mod
Giullianus_kun Great mod with tons of amusement ;)

Can I use some of the graphics in my modded scenario?Also,can I edit them to create,for example,Pikeman Miku?

Of course,You'd receive the proper credits for your great work.
WAIFor
File Author
To Giullianus_kun:

Yes, you can use them with my credit.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
WAIFor’s Amusement Mod is exactly what it’s name implies, an extensive expansion of many new graphics which add a ton of amusement into the game. While many of these graphics probably don’t fit into the style or era that Age of Empires is set, they are well made and good fun. Examples of these include a number of 21st Century and futuristic units and eye-candy such as new cars, oil drums and potted plants, as well as mini versions of pre existing graphics such as a small villager and a 2x2 sized castle (the AOM castle which has been shrunk). However there are also plenty of things that are useful for modding into the original game. Examples of these include igloos, a hospital, some interesting new units such as a warrior and medieval knights. The quality of the graphics are really good and they’re clearly well made. The hospital is a blend of parts from various AOK buildings and recoloured white with the correct shading and shadows. However, there are also many buildings, units and objects which have been imported from other games. As a result the quality of the graphics are very good but they don’t always fit in well with the rest of the game.

Overall this mod pack is an excellent collection of well made good-quality graphics some which work well in the game and some which don’t. My recommendation would be not to use this mod pack itself but export the relevant graphics you like to use in your own mod packs. Obviously only do this with the authors permission and credit. This is something I am currently doing with my own upcoming mod pack.

Well worth checking out and you f not only for the enjoyment of seeing futuristic objects in a medieval game.

Thanks
Possidon
WAIFor
File Author
Hello Possidon, thanks for your review!
Yes, I should add some more featured units, even though they are not my original. Some campaign designers will need them.
Besides, have you ever checked new scenario functions of this mod? Override icons, use various new trigger conditions and effects like change player color, clone objects, check if key is pressed, etc.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0