New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » DOOM Episode 2/5 (BETA)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

DOOM Episode 2/5 (BETA)

Author File Description
HELLKNIGHT61
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Only
Screenshot:
NOTE: If you have only the base game "The Conquerors v1.0" or more you don't need to download any other files from external or internal links to install this scenario. Because all required files are available in this file. You don't need to download any other files from external or internal links.

You need to have "at least" "The Conquerors v1.0" base game to install this file.

This file is not compatible with "HD Edition" due to "UserPatch v1.5" elements and "Vampire Revenge" file's new resources.

=== IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS ===

I have a 5 scenario single player DOOM campaign project. I finished the first and the second scenario %100 percent. I wanted to release the first and the second scenario for you. I am waiting your both positive and negative feedbacks about this file. And also I am waiting your new ideas for my next DOOM scenarios.

If this file gets enough attention I will continue making DOOM scenarios to finish my 5 scenario DOOM campaign project. If this file is ignored I may stop making DOOM scenarios after this scenario. So give me feedback both positive and negative. Also you can give me new ideas for my next DOOM scenarios.

These scenarios have new spawning, ambush and teleportation mechanics with original DOOM monsters. You will find yourself fighting against original DOOM monsters.

These scenarios use original DOOM's sound effects. I downloaded original DOOM's mp3 sound effects for this project. In addition this file has some sound effects from DOOM 3 (2004) game to improve the atmosphere.

These scenarios have 3 difficulty settings. So every people (newbie, moderate, veteran etc...) can choose a suitable difficulty for them.

SCENARIO 1 (The Martian Civilization): Click HERE.

SCENARIO 2 (Union Aerospace Corporation): Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC) is a super complex corporation in Mars City. This corporation rules the whole Mars City. UAC Personels start to excavate for constructing new buildings in Mars City. They discover an ancient human martian civilization in their excavations. The UAC Scientist Dr. Samuel Hayden invents "teleportation" by analyzing Martian tablets. Dr. Samuel Hayden starts to open new teleportation portal gates to Hell planet...

NOTE: This scenario is a more action based scenario than first scenario. The first scenario is a more cutscene based scenario.

SCENARIO 3 (Phobos Teleportation Portal Gate): Click HERE.

SCENARIO 4 (Deimos Teleportation Portal Gate): Click HERE.

SCENARIO 5 (Hellhole Teleportation Portal Gate)

=== HOW TO INSTALL? ===

*** NOTE: If you already have both "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch" and "UserPatch v1.5" you must start from the "Step 3" directly. You must ignore "Step 1" and "Step 2" by starting from "Step 3" directly. Also you must delete "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch" and "UserPatch v1.5" folders.

+++ STEP 1: Install the "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch". +++

HOW TO INSTALL --> You need to open "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch" folder. After opening "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch" folder copy "Age of Empires II" folder's all files into your main Age of Empires II folder that is in your computer.

*** WARNING: If you already have "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch" please don't apply this step and delete the "The Conquerors v1.0c Patch" folder.

+++ STEP 2: Install the "UserPatch v1.5". +++

HOW TO INSTALL --> Copy "UserPatch v1.5" folder into your main Age of Empires II folder that is in your computer. After that extract "SetupAoC.exe" file into your main Age of Empires II folder that is in your computer.

*** "SetupAoC.exe" file must exist next to files such as "empires2.exe" file and "eula.rtf" file. After opening the setup don't forget to allow updating "age2_x1.exe" file.

CAUTION --> If the computer doesn't reach you after you click "age2_x1.exe" file please try to open this file again from the "Support" folder that will be available in your main Age of Empires II folder.

*** WARNING: If you already have "UserPatch v1.5" please don't apply this step and delete the "UserPatch v1.5" folder.

MORE DETAILED INFORMATION --> Visit the below link.

Click HERE to see more detailed information about the user patch.

+++ STEP 3: Install the "DOOM Episode 2". +++

IMPORTANT --> First of all you HAVE TO BACKUP your some files into a new folder. Because when you want to uninstall this mod you will need to bring back some of your files again to install the original "UserPatch v1.5". You need to backup these required files into a new folder:

1-) After opening "Data" folder that is in your main Age of Empires II folder you need to backup "empires2_x1_p1.dat" and "gamedata_x1_p1.drs" files that are in "Data" folder.

2-) Backup "language_x1_p1.dll" file that is in your main Age of Empires II folder.

3-) Backup all files of both "stream" and "terrain" folders. These files are available in the "Sound" folder. The "Sound" folder is available in your main Age of Empires II folder that is in your computer.

HOW TO INSTALL --> After you backup required files into a new folder open the "DOOM Episode 2" folder that is in the same folder with other folders such as "User Patch v1.5" folder. After opening "DOOM Episode 2" folder copy "Age of Empires II" folder's all files into your main Age of Empires II folder that is in your computer.

CAUTION: You have to install all files of "DOOM Episode 2" folder even if you have the original "Vampire Revenge" mod file or my other DOOM scenarios. Because this file is more different than the original "Vampire Revenge" mod file and my all other DOOM scenarios.

+++ FINAL STEP: +++ Open the "age2_x1.exe" that is in "age2_x1" folder and after that choose "Single Player" section. After that choose "Custom Campaign" section. After that choose "DOOM Episode 2" campaign from there with "Moderate" difficulty.

CAUTION --> If the computer doesn't reach you after you click "age2_x1.exe" file please try to open this file again from the "Support" folder that will be available in your main Age of Empires II folder.

=== EXTRAS ===

* If you very stuck in somewhere or have another problems like installing problems, difficulty problems, bug problems, not understanding what to do etc... you can leave a comment to this page.

* SPECIAL THANKS to "Guyza" due to creating original Doom monsters .slp files for the AoE2 engine and SPECIAL THANKS to "Gallas" due to creating "Vampire Revenge" mod for the AoE2 game.

Click HERE to check on Author's other released "aokheavengames" projects.

Click HERE to check on Author's other released "steam community" projects.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
iLikeHell
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
I really like the Doom story and playing it with Age of Empires really amuses me. Your map is well made and I think it's very funny, even at the beginning where you don't fight, but where you explain the story well. You had the excellent idea of speeding up fights and exploration and this allows you to cover great distances without getting bored.
But you should have used more races of monsters, Doom has so many and if you always fight against the same four, you will get bored after a while. It would be enough to put a few higher level monsters to give to the game a little vivacity more. Even weapons should have been more to give more fun to the game

Balance: 5
The game is not too difficult and you does not get bored by the lack of competition

Creativity: 4
The traps you have created are fun and never boring. The Mod should be better completed

Map Design: 3
The map in some places is beautiful and creates a nice atmosphere, in others like corridors, is empty. You should try to improve the empty points on the map

Story/Instructions: 5
History is the strong point of your campaign. You had some great ideas and you gave a credible and interesting story

Additional Comments:
I recommend playing this map even if you are not a Doom fan, because it is well calibrated and funny.
To HELLKNIGHT6: learn to use Advance Genie Editor and change at least the names and characteristics of your characters. For example, seeing in the radius 9-5 is bad and could be fixed in a second. You should also fix the doors bug that destroy them when they are passed to much times
HELLKNIGHT61
File Author
Wow!.. Unbelievable!.. I obtained more than a 4 star rating from this website for the first time! Thanks for high rating review! I read your all review carefully I want to give you some answers about your review:

=== ANSWERS ===

- PLAYABILITY: I didn't put many weapons and enemy types in this scenario purposely. Because medium level demons will start to appear in Episode 4. High level demons will start to appear in Episode 5. The vampire race units will start to appear along with demons in Episode 3. ( The Vampire Race will make an alliance with Demons to invade Mars and World. )

Also Rocket Launcher will be available in Episode 3. The BFG will be available in Episode 4. The Soul Cube ( not certain ) will be available again in Episode 5.

- CREATIVITY: I didn't understand that what do you mean here: "The Mod should be better completed..."

- MAP DESIGN: I made corridors empty to provide room for maneuver to Marine.

- ADDITIONAL: I tried everything to avoid from the door bug before submitting this file. I tested this scenario many times. So I want to ask you a question:

1-) Which version of this scenario did you download? Steam Community version? Or AoK Heavengames version?

2-) How did you play this scenario? Which Age of Empires 2 version? ( User Patch, HD, Forgotten Empires Unofficial Pack v2.2 or other mods?.. )
iLikeHell Hi, i'm using the 1.5 AokH version, nothing more.
About your game mod..your are using Gallas vampire revenge, but you should use your personal file, done on purpose and only for your campaign. If you are not able I can help you do it. I hope in scenario 3 will appear new monsters and new missions
HELLKNIGHT61
File Author
I opened this file's aokheavengames version from UserPatch 1.5. The Doors are functioning normal. I didn't understand that why the door bug is not available in my UP 1.5 and available in your UP 1.5.

Second I think that this mod's resources are enough for me to create a DOOM campaign. But you are also right about some aspects because in fact Vampire Revenge mod isn't a Doom mod or Demons mod. It is a Vampire mod that also contains Doom monsters and Hell Pit building. Because of reason there are some lacks about Doom universe. Former Human, Former Human Sergeant ( Shotgun Guy ), Heavy Weapon Dude ( Chaingunner ) and Original Doomslayer or Doomguy are not available in this mod. But they are not extremely necessary. I can complete their lacks by using another units.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0