Mod Packs » Dover Castle

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Dover Castle

Author File Description
DeathPreacher
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
Hi guys, I am currently working on some copy paste graphics and I am trying to change the look of the castles for every civ. For example the Brits should have Dover Castle, Franks having the Chateaus and so on.

Tried to make this as accurate as possibly to the Dover Castle in England, bearing in mind the graphical style of AoE 2.

This is not a wonder reskin, this is a castle reskin, unique for each civ. I will upload more SLPs as soon as they're complete.

To make this SLP unique for the Brits you need to do some data modding in the age_2_x1.dat files and graphics.drs files. Use Turtle Pack to add the SLP as a new file in the graphics.drs file. You also need to create a graphic placeholder for the SLP in the age_2_x1_dat file, which can be done through Advanced Genie Editor 3.

Hope you guys like my work. Do leave some suggestions for the castles as I might run out of ideas. Cheers!

EDIT: Anchor position is fixed.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
EBuilder I love it. It fits very well in-game and looks awesome. Much better than the original castle.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Dover Castle by DeathPreacher is a new caste skin that adds a new castle into your scenario editor. It is part of a larger mod pack by the author which gives each civilization a unique castle based of one from the real world. This castle is based off Dover Castle in England and is intended for the British civ. As a copy and paste design The graphics are absolutely superb and blend in very well with the rest of the graphics. For a copy and paste graphics it has been made very well and the castle looks very original whilst also keeping with the style of many of the buildings in the scenario editor. Whilst intended for the Western European civilization set it will also blend in well with the Eastern European set too. The castle looks very similar to Dover castle in real life and it is clear that DeathPreacher has out a lot of detail and studying into the graphic.

Overall this is a superb graphic and a welcome addition to the editor.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5