Download File Post Review Post Comment

Flame Flag and Snow Placer

Author File Description
Grii
File Details
Version: Age of Empires II (2013)
Screenshot:
FFSP:
We all know how tedious it can be to mod snow, flames and flag postions on buildings, I made this little tool to do it faster. It doesn't replace AGE nor turtle-pack but helps to make neat flaming and snowy buildings.
When you start the program buy clicking on "ffsp.exe", it opens a short explanation page.
This version uses the 2013 flames but if you think it would be useful to have a version with the old flames, I'll make one.
Feedback is welcome,
Enjoy!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
fr steve Salut Grii !

Excellent software ;) Very useful.

Indeed, I wouldn't be against using old flames graphics, which is easier to visualize for CD version of the game.

Also, a suggestion I hope you'll be able to make for this software : when you manually type the X & Y, it would be perfect if the graphics could immediately move to the typed X & Y on the picture. Currently, it doesn't do anything.

Merci encore pour le boulot, magnifique !
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
This program, created by Grii, is designed to help modders easily place flames and snow onto of their new buildings which they have created.

Usefulness/Novelty: 4.5
The Blacksmith is full of highly unique and useful programs designed to help Age of Empires players make their designing experiences easier. For modders, there have been many incredible tools over the years to make the Modding experience accessible, Mod Pack Studio, AGE, and Turtle Pack, are the most common and widely used if these programs, however there are many things that these programs can’t do. FFSP provides a unique asset which can’t be found in any other modding program - the ability to accurately place and anchor flame and snow graphics onto new buildings. The programs provides users with the different flame and snow graphics that are found in the game and users can drag the graphics around their building image to place them in exactly the right place. The program then provides them with the anchors and graphical SLPs which the users can then input into AGE.

Quality/Instructions: 4.5
The program is very well designed, simple and easy to use, yet highly useful for those who add new buildings into the game for gameplay purposes. The GUI is nice to look at and easy to navigate so there will be no problems for new users to get to grips with how the program works. The program provides simple and clear instructions on how to use the program and what it can be used for, combined with the nice and easy to navigate user interface, then you’ve got an ideal program for the AOK Modding community. The program does exactly what is says on the tin, yet there are moments where you wish the program could just do a little bit more, even though I don’t know what more I actually want from it.

Additional Comments:
Overall this highly useful and easy to use program is a well recommended download and a necessity for all members of the modding community.

Thanks
Possidon
Grii
File Author
Hi! Thanks for the feed back! I haven't been modding for a long time but I'm back and a better version could be uploaded!
Fr_steve, merci à toi (thank you).
I should definitely add this feature.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5