Mod Packs » Team Colored Joan the Maid

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Team Colored Joan the Maid

Author File Description
JulzyBoy
File Details
Version: Age of Empires II (2013)
Screenshot:
Joan the Maid with a team colored dress instead of a brown one. Also includes a lighter version that I made first but didn't like, the normal version is the correct lighting. I also team colored her normal picture and her beta picture. Enjoy.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions5.0
This Mod Pack by JulzyBoy repaints the clothes of the Joan the Maid unit to give it player colour.

Usefulness/Novelty: 3.5
The Joan the Maid character is a unique unit within the scenario editor because it gives designers an additional female unit to use in their scenarios, either has a female main character or as a background extra in their towns. The downside of the unit was the fact that it had no player colour so it was difficult to tell which team it belonged to. This mod pack fixes this issue by turning the brown dress into player colour. However, I personally find that unit looks too similar to a female villager to really be worth the download.

Quality/Instructions: 5
The quality of the recolour of the unit is fantastic. The player comes out clearly in the unit yet no definition or detail in the clothes has been lost. It still looks like the same unit, only now there's colour. All of the frames animate smoothly. There are two version of the unit one with a slightly lighter colouring which was a beta version of the mod, and the finished darker version. Both look good and the unit also comes with a recoloured custom icon as well.

Additional Comments:
Overall this is a decent unit and could have its uses in various forms, but does look to similar to a female villager for me to really consider downloading it.

Thanks
Possidon
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
This is a very welcome addition as there are so few female units in the game. I will definitely be using this at some point!
Vardamir Excellent work! Would you mind if I incorporated this into my mod (with appropriate credits)?
gamemand What do you mean with "Team Colored". do you mean that ALL team members needs to be e.g. Red player color. Or is it only the player to whom the unit belongs?

so which of theese are correct:
1. All team member Red player color. = Red clothes
2. All team member, except for owner of unit (blue): Red Playercolor = Owners playercolor Clothes

If number 2 is correct you should change the name of the mod to Player Colored Joan the Maid

[Edited on 07/18/22 @ 02:20 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions5.0