New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » Gladiator (The Movie)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Gladiator (The Movie)

Author File Description
S_O_T_I_R_I_S
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
This Campaign is based completely on the "Gladiator" the movie.This movie was one of my best and so now it is time to see the movie from another view . From Maximus view .
Any comments for the next scenarios would be wellcome .
S_O_T_I_R_I_S
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
S_O_T_I_R_I_S
File Author
This is the first scenario of this campaign . The other are being constructed . This scenario is the battle in Germania .
lennier Hey, i play your scenario cool, but if you don't mind i change the spech for what it was said in the game, put teh guys in a better position liek in the game, and made the battle smarter, if you whant the scenario i fix tell me , i'll e-mail it to ya, i think is better, terrain still teh same.
Randy Hey, this scenario was OK...but where's the cavalry attack from the back of the enemy army?? Also, Maximus is supposed to be in that cavalry attack from the back of the enemy army. Third problem, Maximus should be stronger than the other NORMAL Knights because Maximus kick a$$!!! Uh, and the last problem I saw was that when the guy tried assassinating his father...all the guards and stuff, fighting along with the leader dude(forgot his name) just ended up NOT dying and the assassinator guy dude(also forgot his name :D) got killed, so I had to change my diplomatic stance to enemy to the leader dude to kill him to end the scenario. Try fixing these problems...and work on the dialogue...okay?
rakovsky
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
It was playable overall because I could beat it successfully and the balance was not off so much that I couldn't win.

The only problem was a glitch where when I got to the king's tent, the king and a sword infantry unit fought each other, and the grey units started attacking that sword unit, so that 2 out of the first three times that I played that last part, the swordsman is killed. Since the scenario is meant for the king to be killed, then the scenario basically stays in Limbo when the king is not killed. I guess that you could switch sides against the king and kill him to end the game, but that's not how it's supposed to happen.

Balance: 5
The balance was pretty good because I was able to beat it on HARD. For alot of people it would probably be considered too much in my favor because victory was assured due to my side's prowess. But in the movie the Romans also seem to have a big advantage with catapults and a rain of archer arrows.

Creativity: 5
The designer could have added in ballistas for the Roman side like in the movie. The movie has some kind of arrow siege weapon that looks similar to the ballista. But otherwise that lack was not really bad. The map had alot of trees that look manually put in by the designer, and a good array of units, with two decent sized or big packs of Romans, and with the Germans mixed in the trees like in the movie.

Map Design: 3
The map was a bit too big, so that getting from the battle to the king's pavillion was boring.

My main map design criticism is the issue that I mentioned where 2 of the first 3 times that I played, the swordsman won. But otherwise it was a good map.

Story/Instructions: 5
The Story was fine and came through the dialogue, and the instructions were straightforward. I knew the story from the movie. Since it's just a scenario, there is no Campaign screen Story picture.

Additional Comments:
It is only 1 scenario, which makes it feel like the opening for a campaign.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0