New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » Click Challenge!

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Click Challenge!

Author File Description
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
The Click Challenge

I created this game in a grand total of 2 hours. Don't worry, it's not a crappy random map. Rather it is a sort of experiment to see how small and simple a game could be made in Aok while still remaining interesting and creative. It's made on a 6x6 map.

I first got the idea when while browsing through the blacksmith I found the utility Ultra small maps by shadow06031992. I was wondering what could possibly be done on a 6x6 map. And so..

Anyway, this game is fully playable and will test your ability to click-and-drag :) And possibly the only scenario in which you use the delete key so often.

Story: Dr. Maybe, the arch-enemy of Count Crapula is teleporting dozens of his troops into the Count's residence. However when they arrive they are slightly dazed and Count Crapula can use his awesome power of DELETE to kill them..

The sound file included is the shehnai music from the Tamerlane campaign.

Settings: 3 difficulty levels, speed to normal or slow (depends on you). Don't use F3 key otherwise it would be too easy.

Enjoy, and post your comments below.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
RON PAUL 2016
(id: Turty)
Interesting... ;)

Actually, I came up wth the Micro-sized maps, and Shadow just made a utility with them. If anything, I inspired him to do that.

What a weird game.
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
Creative idea, a good scenario for 2 hours of work, I like the tower, great funny trick. ;-)

I lost the first two attempts because I deleted inadvertently Count Crapula in the heat of the battle. I won with pause, click, delete, pause, click, delete... and more than 500HP left on moderate. I try again without the pause button, guess it is not intended to play that way.

[Edited on 11/11/07 @ 04:58 PM]

Itachi_Uchiha
(id: shadow06031992)
@ turty

yes you inspired me

@ jatayu

YES!! i'm glad at least one person found a use for these!
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
File Author
Hm, you should play it without pausing, otherwise it is too easy. Play on slow speed ;)

And yeah, it is a weird game.
General_Short lol i loved it!

it was very interesting...
Lurkur
(id: OtmShankIiI)
Really good, I love it too...

BTW, moving Crapula to north is cheating??? If so, sry i will try to not do it so =D lol

[Edited on 12/15/07 @ 05:30 PM]

Ilmarinen
(id: Cilibinarii)
^^ This was cool :P

[Edited on 04/10/08 @ 03:32 PM]

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Click Challenge is a creative little scenario by Sword_of_STORM which requires tactical gameplay techniques in which to complete. The scenario is very short lasting just over 2 minutes in length.

Playability: 4
Though short I found the scenario very enjoyable and interesting. The idea of the scenario being that you have to delete the units that appear before they change ownership and start attacking your hero. You only have a few split seconds to do this in so the gameplay is quick and you are on the edge of your seat trying to guess where the next set of units are going to appear. I found no bugs or issues with the scenario but would have liked it to have something more than two minutes of deleting my own units. A short story or a longer challenge.

Balance: 3
The balance in my opinion was the weakest part of this game. I myself found it very easy. It took me two tries. On the first attempt I died instantly not really understanding what is happening, but the second go I had no problems at all. There are ways you can make it harder. For starters try playing on Fast speed so the units come at you more quickly. Overall I think that the scenario was not so much a challenge but a way of killing two minutes of boredom.

Creativity: 5
This is the scenario strongest point. This is highly unique concept which I have not seen anywhere before. The idea of having to delete your own units before they turn enemy and try to attack you is ingenious and very clever. You've really got to get your head around the concept and work hard to make sure you delete the appearing units and avoid deleting your hero. On top of that the scenario is one of the only scenarios that I have seen that has been built on a map size of 6x6. This is by far one of the most unique, creative and smallest scenarios I have ever played.

Map Design: 3
Though the map is small it is fairly well designed. There is a small bit of eye candy in the way of a tower and yurt, and slight use of elevation. However due to the small size that map seems bland. it is mostly grassy dirt that hasn't been well blended with any other type of terrain. It looks just a bit too plain for my liking.

Story/Instructions: 3
The close to non-existent story is well thought out and humorous. The story being that your hero; Count Crapula, must fend off the zombies being sent through a portal by is archenemy Dr Maybe. The story is not much but fits the scenario's purpose and it's short length. The instructions are pretty self explanatory, but it did take me a go or two before I really understood the concept of the game.

Additional Comments:
Overall and incredibly unique concept that is a fun way to kill some time. With more work it could actually become something more or be integrated into part of a larger scenario.

I recommend this download

Well Done

Possidon

[Edited on 01/10/20 @ 05:23 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating