New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Campaigns » El Gladiador (English Version)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

El Gladiador (English Version)

Author File Description
Maximun Rexx
(id: Maximun_Rexx)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Only
Number of scenarios: 3
Hi guys, because you asked for it here it is "El Gladiador" in English, now all of the titles, messages, instructions, the whole thing is in you language English. Well I hope you like it and if there is a bug e mail me to fix it jeje, have a nice day.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Maximun Rexx
(id: Maximun_Rexx)
File Author
Its good. Jaja.
I'm the creator. I only paste this for fun. But I think it isn't very good. Well it needs some fixes not because of the bugs. Only because the map is awful but well, it was my first campaign.

SEE YOU
Esperantist Rexx: I played your Spanish version. It rocks!! I liked especially the second scenario, it's just great. Cong!!!!!
Only one thing. While I was going through the dessert, Maximo was got killed, but nothing happened, no "you've been defeated" or so.
laz123 1st game brilliant. 2nd game Max went on the missing list. 3rd game ok. Thanks.
rakovsky
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
A small complaint is that in Scenario 1 even though I defeated the enemies in the opening skirmishes that I saw, there were still straying enemy units, yet it was a big map. So in effect you have to either search everywhere.

Another small complaint is that in Scenario 2, you have to go to Zucabar's place in the desert, but the instructions don't say where that is, and it's a big map and your trade cart doesn't have a big line of sight. In the movie of course the hero is basically taken for a ride by Zucabar's cart, so that there is no need to find it. A Hint would be good. Maybe the designer intended it to be an exploration task, but it's too hard if he did. It wasn't too hhard in my case because I sent my cart to the south and then east corners of the map, but that can be luck.

Balance: 5
The Balance was generally good. Scenario 1 had a particularly well balanced opening cavalry battle. You want to be careful not to let your two heroes die, but they have a lot of HP.

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
It was pretty good, with lots of units and trees and triggers.

Story/Instructions: 3
In Scenario 1, a Hint should say where Quintus is, because there are alot of units on the map. Otherwise it becomes like a Where's Waldo game where you don't know what Waldo looks like. Quintus is the champion unit in the middle of the southwest camp near Maximus.

The Story section also could introduce characters. Wikipedia says this about Quintus in the Gladiator movie:{{General Quintus: A Roman legatus, commander of the Praetorian Guard, who betrays Maximus by allying with Commodus. In the extended version, Quintus sees the mad side of Commodus when he is forced to execute two innocent men. Quintus later redeems himself by refusing to allow Commodus a second sword during the latter's duel with Maximus, and promises to honor Maximus's last wishes.}}

The Scouts menu seems to have East and West confused. Scenario 1's Scouts tab says that the camp is in the Southeast and that the cavalry is in the west. But those are in the NE and East, respectively in fact.

In Scenario 2, the Scouts tab says that to get to Rome you need to cross the desert of Zucabar. This only makes sense geographically if the Scouts mean that from the place where Maximus had been taken, to get to Rome you need to get to a desert. I say this because there is no Arab desert between Germany and Rome.

A bit of the campaign remains untranslated in Spanish, but that was not a serious problem.

Additional Comments:

It requires the Rome at War Mod. The Spanish version is here: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=859

The English language version has only one Readme: the Installation file. The Spanish version though has 3 other Readmes: How to Play (It gives instructions on installing the Rome at War Mod), Contact Me, and Credits.
The English Installation file says: "THIS IS THE LAST POINT BUT NOT THE LESS IMPORTANT, I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT, YOU NEED TO PLAY IT WITH THE TC MODPACK!!!!" Unfortunately, the Designer does not explain what he means by the "TC Modpack". His Spanish version of the Installation adds what I put between the hyphens below:

--------------------------------------------
5. Inside the Data folder in the compressed folder you will find the file called "WFSRaWScnv2", copy it.
6. Now go back to the Data directory of the game folder and paste it.
7. We have already PLACED the Modpack file, now we need to install it, but in the section how to play you will see the steps to install it.
I hope it was very simple, if it was not, contact me (you will find my email in the Contact me section in the subject index). Well, we already have everything placed in the proper folders, the only thing missing is the installation of the modpack (very simple as well but very important), after you install it you will be able to play my campaign.
------------------------------------------------

This WFSRaWScnv2 file refers to Rome at War. I would have been glad to play thhe scenario in Spanish, but I don't know that the RAW Mod would work that way on Steam because Steam requires Mods' language files to be classified by language in folders categorized by language. So the RAW Mod I have is categorized as English.

I used Vardamir's Genie Converter that you can find in the Blacksmith to run the RAW mod on Steam. If you've installed RAW on Steam, the Steam Workshop has soundtracks from the movie Gladiator that you can use.

SCENARIO COMMENTS:

SCENARIO 1. Battle in Germania (I beat it on HARD)
In Scenario 1, Maximos is the unnamed unit with a specific face portrait, like with a beard. After the opening battle, I then took my soldiers who were hurt to see Marcus Aurelius for healing. After winning the opening battle the Player needs to search for and fight the rest of the enemies around the map.

SCENARIO 2. Roman Betrayal (I beat it on Hard)
Playing in the AOKHD version on Steam, I couldn't progress due to a bug. But it worked in the AOK:TC original version with the CD. The BMP in the Opening story is slanted in the AOK:HD version as well, but it looks fine in the original CD version of AOK:TC.

The Scouts' tab is also still half in Spanish. It says that the house of Maximus' family is in the Northeast and that there are Roman camps around the map to protect Rome from invasions, so be careful.

The narrator says to Wait for the Centurion. But he didn't arrive when I played in the AOK HD version, and due to that trigger bug, I was not able to progress further in the scenario.

SCENARIO 3. (I beat it on Moderate)
On Hard I was defeated by Commodus. Probably it would have helped if I relied more on the other soldiers in the opening battle to save his strength.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0