Single Player Scenarios » Sabato's Holy Grail

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Sabato's Holy Grail

Author File Description
Berserker Jerker
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
If you are looking for that historic remake of a famous battle, or something with a deep engrossing story, I am afraid you will not find it here. If you are looking for something completely different, challenging, funny, with puzzles, gambling, epic battles, elements of RPG, fixed force, defend the spot, assassinations etc, and you are open minded and not easily offended, then this is just for you! This campaign is a parody based on the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but we have gone further and added scenes that were not in the film. On the other hand, could this be “Sabato Lives” from the campaign that never got finished? Well, you will have to download and play it to find out.

Enjoy!

Berserker Jerker & Jerker’s Widow (Darren & Carol)
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
sissi Thank you for that one!
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Amazing game, I reloaded every mission to see how Pansy would solve it.. what is the code at the end for?
Julius999
Official Reviewer
Excellent, very much recommended. I'll be following up with a review shortly.
Julius999
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
First off, despite the rating, there are some people who may not enjoy this scenario as much as I did. Some of the humour is a little risqué (although nothing major), and if you didn't like Monty Python you may well not like this either. That said, if you're not too easily offended, I strongly recommend you at least give it a try.

Playability: 5+
Thoroughly tested and extremely creative, this is one of the most fun to play submissions for quite some time. The variety, humour and cheerful nature ensure that you will not be bored, and the little bonuses are a great addition. The game play is innovative and fast-paced, and also has decent replay value, as you attempt different tactics for some of the challenges. The cock-fighting game was unique and a great time-waster, a definite highlight. There is plenty more to rave about, but I will not reveal all the gems here. Being able to skip challenges that the player might find simply too difficult or not to their taste was a very well-executed idea too, and definitely aids playability. Although overwhelmingly positive, there are perhaps one or two things that could be improved. The music is very bearable, but is perhaps a little too lacking in variety. Secondly, the "collecting" villagers task didn't always operate smoothly, as it wasn't always clear whether it was safe or not. Overall though, this is a strong five.

Balance: 5-
The balance is subtle, but noticeably different on the different levels. The balance could perhaps be criticised as too easy (you can after all skip any challenge), but taking the author's intentions into account I felt it suited the nature of the scenario. The scenario focuses on providing light entertainment rather than a major challenge.

Creativity: 5+
Creativity abounds in this scenario, from completely new objectives to irrelevant lines of dialogue from the citizenry. Simply put, it is amazing what the author has managed to pull off convincingly without resorting to modifications.

Map Design: 5-
The map is another strong point, with lush scenery and, where necessary, tactical significance. As a whole, the map was very nicely made, although not every area was to my taste. The village near the start was not particularly appealing for example.

Story/Instructions: 5
The story is a very odd cross between Monty Python's Holy Grail, and the author's Sabato series. Although the characters are not deep, or the story especially meaningful, it absolutely suits the scenario. Far and away the key thing is the humour, which was consistently very good. The instructions were also top quality, with the player never confused about what to do next.

In closing, this scenario is unique, funny and brilliantly creative. For a light-hearted, fast-paced game it is hard to beat.

[Edited on 04/21/09 @ 03:47 PM]

Berserker Jerker
Official Reviewer
File Author
The code is for transferring information from one scenario to the next. I will submit the next scenario as soon as my reel life commitments allow me the free time to finish it.
Guthan
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Heya all,

First of all, this is a very interesting scenario. You meet King Arthur and his Pansy here, who are looking for knights to join his court in Cumelot (Also called Cumalot at the end :D). This is one big Parody (dunno what it is in English but anyways) but it's worked out very lovely. On your way you meet a lot of stuff you have to think about, and most of them are funny and never seen before. Cocks here! Big and strong cocks!

You can see the Monty Python humor in it (was that spelled correctly?), I love that one and now the ratings.

Playability: I really never got bored playing this. If you had a long way to run and you already met the Cock-competition, you could quickly made a bet and hope your cock would win. I got stuck on that one quest with the monks and Scythian women, but the solution in the name of Pansy was pretty nice :) (Of course I made a back-up save and I tried to solve it without Pansy :D)

Whenever I felt like quitting (which didn't happened a lot) something funny happened. The dialogues are full of humor and crazy stuff, which makes it worth to spend your time clicking people throughout the world and read what they say.

Balance: I haven't really totally checked this out, but what I've seen was very good. In the first town there are more guards and they hit you more while you can't attack them. So you have to run and get back then. It was also a very original scene. Battles were harder as well on higher difficulties, so Balance is good.

Creativity: This really is amazing. Probably some old tricks but they never bore. :) I like the part with the scale of a witch. The scale is a pretty original design. I don't believe I saw anything like that before. The idea of Jerker's widow and yourself interrupting while playing is kind of cool keeps it funny. 'I don't want to say much, but you're gonna meet way more then meets the eye' The beginning is also nice. Very original.

Design is very original, the story might be cliché but it's really cool and I haven't seen this before. Respect!

Map Design: Some neat tricks and nice made landscapes made me feel like I was in Medieval England. Nice job!

Story/Instructions: Story was cliché but not everyone has seen Monty Python's Holy Grail. Still loved it cause it had some own idea's in it :) Instructions were very clear so I never had the idea of what the hell do I have to do now. Nice job BJ!

Additional Comments: About the code, it's always the same for me. Once I only found 3 apostels and then I found them all, but in the end I received the same code. Is that a bug or what? :D All by all, very nice job! I recommend downloading at once!
Guthan

[Edited on 04/21/09 @ 03:14 PM]

Dtrungle
Official Reviewer
Woot, that was enjoyable. Looking forward to the next scenario. ^_^
Berserker Jerker
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks for the good reviews guys. :)

@Guthan the codes have been thoroughly tested and I’m sure you must be mistaken. But to be sure, could you email me the code you received so I can check it. Thanks.
Guthan How can I send you a mail? It's private? :D
I thought it was 174/173 all the time
Berserker Jerker
Official Reviewer
File Author
Good point! berserkerjerker [at] gmx [dot] com

I have checked the codes again, and they all seem to be working. If anyone else experiences difficulty with the codes could they email me with a save game file (gax) please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0