Single Player Scenarios » The Christmas Story

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Christmas Story

Author File Description
jburnell
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other

This is a short scenario which tells the tale of the true meaning of Christmas. It follows the story line, as it is in the Bible with a few changes, creating some "modern" aspects to the well known traditional story.

There is no fighting or death in this scenario (it's about Christmas), and the game is mostly in the form of cutscenes.

I appreciate that this has been done before on Age of Empires II, (by AnastasiaKafka, I believe) so I am not trying to be original or anything like that, but I made this for last Christmas for my friends, but have only just finished it now. I also wanted to make a game that depicted more of the actual story than just the birth of Christ itself.

I'm sorry that this was uploaded in the middle of Summer, but as I'd only just finished it, I was eager to upload it. At least when Christmas comes around it'll be put to some use.

Once again, thank you for downloading,
JBurnell.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
I could not play your scenario; it crashes with the patched version and with Renaissance. You designed using a Mac but in general, these files play for me.

If anyone has a solution, please comment.

Edit: I tested Captain Harald for approval, both scenarios load without any problem, any idea what could cause the crash here?

[Edited on 07/30/09 @ 08:39 AM]

Jarlaxle Daerthe Perhaps there is an impossible trigger.
jburnell
File Author
It works well on my computer. Does it work on anybody else's computer?
jburnell
File Author
To any Mac users out there,
does this game work?

I have tried opening this game on a PC, and it crashes even when I try to open it in the Scenario Editor. However, on the two Macs I've tried this on, it works perfectly.

Does anybody have a solution to the problem?
TheLaughingMule There may be some elements in your file that are not compatible. You could try the "Game-Crash Troubleshooting" Guide in the AoKH University:

http://aok.heavengames.com/university/design/crash-troubleshooting/
jburnell
File Author
The solution doesn't appear to be there, but thank you anyway, that page was useful to know and has helped me resolve problems in other games also.
rakovsky When I try to open your Mac-made .cpx file in Lloyd Kinsell's Campaign Manager, it says: "Cannot Open Campaign, incorrect version or invalid file."

It also does not work on AOK:HD (Steam) or the original AOE2 (CD Version).

[Edited on 12/08/20 @ 06:13 PM]

rakovsky On the Discord Server for AOE2 (Mac OS X), MePy2 made a video of his playthrough for this scenario:

https://discord.com/channels/557293308460793867/685422664822947842/781262328464932884

[Edited on 12/08/20 @ 06:14 PM]

rakovsky MePy2 uploaded the Mac-Made .scx file for the Mac-Made campaign here:
http://home.macintosh.garden/~mepy2/age.html

However, that .scx file does not work on the AOK:HD (Steam) version or the AOE2 CD Version for Windows.

[Edited on 12/08/20 @ 06:16 PM]

rakovsky MePy2 fixed the scenario to work on the original AOE2:TC 1.0C Windows version, and he uploaded it here:
http://home.macintosh.garden/~mepy2/a-christmas-story-windows-fix.html

I was able to get that campaign file to work on my Windows 7 computer by running AOE2:TC using the Userpatch Mod's 1.0c .exe
Then I submitted the file with the sound files as a campaign in the HG Blacksmith.

[Edited on 12/08/20 @ 06:22 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0