You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Thread for the Appreciation of Anime
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 57 58 59 60 61 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
posted 06-12-15 05:51 PM CT (US)   

As requested

Reccommendations for CK

Kids on the Slope
Black Lagoon
My Little Monster
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Baccano
Gunslinger Girl
Redline
Akira
Ghost In the Shell

Anime Review series:

Popeychops: Kannazuki no Miko - Destiny of the Shrine Maiden

Kantai Collection
Ga-Rei: Zero

Moff: Kantai Collection

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 01-09-2019 @ 04:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-27-17 04:42 PM CT (US)     1451 / 1801  
I remember that being spoiled by the last episode but I've successfully blocked out why.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 05-27-17 04:45 PM CT (US)     1452 / 1801  
Thank you! Nobody else agrees with me!
posted 05-27-17 06:54 PM CT (US)     1453 / 1801  
Any time, I know you have Good Opinions™

posted 05-30-17 09:46 AM CT (US)     1454 / 1801  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9WVS5shJo

This is Keijo, from that anime CK was recommending a while back. Ecchi-sketchy AF.

But at least they're adults, so it's good ecchi-sketchy! ^_^ (You dirty, dirty boy CK)

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 05-30-17 12:14 PM CT (US)     1455 / 1801  
Any time, I know you have Good Opinions™
<3
Mofu's... Thing
One of the next videos in queue is entitled "keijo author explains why series was cancelled"

I'm not sure that video is necessary. This manages to combine erotica and fightin' animes, and then scrap out the good parts of both. I liked how the one girl seemed to speak with a southern accented translation tho.
posted 05-30-17 12:54 PM CT (US)     1456 / 1801  
I'm not sure that video is necessary. This manages to combine erotica and fightin' animes, and then scrap out the good parts of both. I liked how the one girl seemed to speak with a southern accented translation tho.
I actually quite enjoyed Keijo, even though I started watching it to make fun of it. I think I detailed this earlier in the thread. But the show committed 100% to this completely ridiculous sport and that made it fun to watch, imo. It was worth it just to see what insane butt move they'd use next.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 05-30-17 03:09 PM CT (US)     1457 / 1801  
Sounds like a janky anime madlibs experiment. Very silly. I'll probably pass. *checks again for ARMS ship date*
posted 05-30-17 03:47 PM CT (US)     1458 / 1801  
Any anime can be broken into a janky madlibs.

The Mighty Ducks... with TANKS!

The Pacific Theater... but with moe! And panty shots!

If World War One had battle wizards... plus one straw libertarian Japanese businessman trapped in the body of a 9-year old girl!

A restaurant... but staffed by people who should be institutionalized!

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 05-30-17 05:48 PM CT (US)     1459 / 1801  
one straw libertarian Japanese businessman trapped in the body of a 9-year old girl!
We've all been there

posted 05-30-17 06:22 PM CT (US)     1460 / 1801  
Sounds statutory
posted 06-01-17 01:03 PM CT (US)     1461 / 1801  
What do you do when the tea runs out, my lovelies? And I didn't know Coldstone was known in Japan.

God, I wish I could post them all so you could enjoy them... but you'd just get burned out. This is why I like Weird Boat Girl Universe; not the shitty show.

I guess there's just no accounting for taste... or my lack thereof. <_< And no, I don't know why Prinz is wearing mirrored sunglasses. I guess Pudding got swag.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 06-01-2017 @ 09:26 PM).]

posted 06-12-17 09:27 PM CT (US)     1462 / 1801  
http://www.webtoons.com/en/comedy/bluechair/ep-309-pillar/viewer?title_no=199&episode_no=457

Very important. <_<

posted 06-12-17 09:38 PM CT (US)     1463 / 1801  
Anime is the metal flagpole you hold for support during a lightning storm... Hmm...
posted 06-13-17 01:38 AM CT (US)     1464 / 1801  
It is a lightning rod for ridicule in mainstream society as far as I've seen, so that analogy seems apt.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 06-13-17 08:53 AM CT (US)     1465 / 1801  
Come to my mainstream society. I'm sure I'll see someone in this carriage reading manga on the phone now, if I turn around sneakily. >_>
posted 06-14-17 12:15 PM CT (US)     1466 / 1801  
This picture always makes me laugh

posted 06-15-17 01:54 PM CT (US)     1467 / 1801  

...That's a real British pie. It has a silly name that I don't remember, but that horrorshow in a crust is real.

Well... you did try, Warspite. Come here, you've earned some headpats. Just leave your terrible fish-head concoction over there. <_<

EDIT: And continuing our culinary theme comes the crossover from my fantasies. God bless the artist who did this:

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 06-16-2017 @ 12:09 PM).]

posted 06-25-17 06:23 AM CT (US)     1468 / 1801  
There's some real shit coming out this summer

I fancy watching

• Gamers!
  • Koi to Uso
  • MUSEKIN GALAXY TYLOR OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS A THING

• posted 06-25-17 09:33 AM CT (US)     1469 / 1801  
    PREVIOUSLY
    ON KANTAI COLLECTION

Mutsuki's (main character's roommate and possible loli love interest) older sister got bombed and sunk. No one told Mutsuki.

Episode 4: It's Our Turn! Follow Me!
    0:12 - THE KRAKEN AWAKES...

0:20 - Apparently, Mutsuki has been going to the cape every day to see if her older sister has returned. It's been several days.

0:31 - Hello darkness, my old friend...

2:08 - Well, at least death actually means something in this series. The lead ship of Kisaragi's squadron (that's dead girl, BTW) is really upset that a teenage girl under her command got blowed right the fudge up.

2:39 - "Class is over" does not mean exaggeratedly stretch, lunge across your desk, and bellow about how class is finally over. It's over when I say you can leave, poi.

3:02 - While the rest of the rest of the destroyer girls are generally grousing... a very Stepford Smiler Mutsuki cheerily notes they're all looking down.

3:05 - She suggests everyone goes for ice cream with her while they stare at her.

3:13 - Then they stare at the empty desk next to her. Mutsuki cannot bring herself to look at it and instead goes into Stepford Genki mode again while Bucky tries to talk to her.

3:30 - Meanwhile, the teachers (heavy cruisers) are discussing how the leetle gorls are saaaad just because their leetle gorl friend BLEW UP. In fairness, they treat it with concern one might show horribly traumatized children instead of trivializing it.(+2)

4:00 - But no time for trauma! Bucky and Shimakaze need to chat up Nagato for a special mission! That's okay, I'm sure lingering thoughts of death and futility will in no way hamper your newfound ability to function in a hot combat zone, Fubuki-chan!

4:05 - Fubuki has a nervous...

4:07 - ...whilst Shimakaze has severe ADHD. Shit, even I'm not that twitchy.(-1)

4:10 - But Mutsu, ever the surrogate onee-chan, tries to calm our nervous little boats down. Granted, it's by telling them they'll "feel stupid for being nervous." No, really, those are her exact words. "Before long, you'll feel stupid for being nervous." Jesus, Snailfu... maybe I need to reevaluate our... I MEAN NOTHING TO SEE HERE

4:25 - Ah, other ships are invited to the meeting. That's why the briefing won't start yet. But that's okay, because apparently Bucky and Rabbit Thong are assigned to a mission with the Southwestern Theater Fleet.

Under the command of Kongou-dono!

4:37 - "Kongou-san?!"

Much glamor. Such wow.

4:43 - "She was so cool, too!" Aww; Bucky thinks Moffboat is cool. ^_^

BUT SUDDENLY

4:46 - TEEEIIIII *thump thump thump*
    4:47 - TOOOO *thump thump thump*
    4:48 - KUUUU *thump thump thump*

4:50 - Mutsu laughs. Nagato holds her head as if fighting a migraine. The pictures on the wall quake while the sounds of a runaway steam train rumble through the walls.

4:54 - "BAAANINGU RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBU!" IT'S A ME, KONGOU! Sweet ass flip, though.(+0)

5:00 - Kongou is very affectionate... well, until she realizes she's planting kisses on the wrong person.

5:14 - "Shit!" Oops, automatic PG-13 after all the violence. But don't worry Kongou; you have won the hearts of many admirals. But they keep chasing me, dammit.

5:19 - "K-kongou-san?" (Ignore the fire; that's just from Kongou's personality and isn't a real conflagration)

5:24 - When Moff realizes he needs to tone down the Moffness.

But then Moff--err, Kongou greets Fubuki. As "new face." Well, it's a start.

5:34 - "You've got a lot of energy! BUT NO ONE HAS MORE ENERGY THAN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    Did you see Shimmy twitching like a tweaker?

What comes next need to be witnessed in its entirety:
    https://youtu.be/wdXG_fKkJI4?t=1m2s

DESS
    But wait, there's MORE!
    https://youtu.be/ptSV4Zx-MsE

Oh, and the colored smoke at the end of the first video (6:08 in the episode) refers to the color of tracer dyes loaded into their shells. Bongou gets red, Lethal Chef gets white, Megane Mic Check is blue, and Daijobu is yellow (Kongou, Hiei, Kirishima, and Haruna respectively for their proper names)

6:11 - Start of second video... there goes that hero complex!

6:30 - "Of course, we snuck in quickly and quietly!"

6:39 - "No point in being nervous, is there?" Mucchan, THEY ARE PANTS-ON-HEAD MAD AND ARMED WITH FOURTEEN-INCH GUNS! THAT'S REASON TO BE NERVOUS!

6:45 - Good as the carriers or no, Bucky's hero worship is now totally shattered.

6:50 - Your assignment, Ms.Bucky, should you choose to accept (you have no choice, but whatever)... totally-not-Imperial Japan needs these resources on islands ot the South West for our war effort...

7:31 - "Wut" "FOR F**K'S SAKES"

7:34 - "Operation: Run up and PUNCH THEIR FACE IN!" "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

7:44 - Kongou is quite the hugger.

7:47 - And Hiei is quite the siscon (it gets worse; right now she's grumpy about being left out of the hug)

7:51 - "Shimakaze-chan, what's going to happen on this mission?" DEATH

7:58 - Aww, look at this nice picture of Moff hugging Sipia and a terrified little girl.

8:10 - Hiei is having a breakdown because now someone else is getting hugged and Mutsu is punching the wall, trying not to piss herself laughing.

8:25 - "Never thought Kongou-san was like that." You saw her once, doing what battleships do. You never met her and only saw her at work. I mean, come on Fubuki... I know Kongou is weird and a bit derangedm but you had nothing to build on in the first place. At least she actually has a personality in the show instead of a catchphrase.

8:44 - Mutsuki's been at the wharf all day. She just got back home... and has been doing this every day. I never cared much for Mutsuki. But this episode... for all the show's failings, there are a few well-written episodes. This is the episode that convinced me to finish the series and probably hooked me into the universe in general.

9:00 - "[Kisaragi] will be sad if no one is waiting for her when she gets back!" Mutsuki is totally deluded.

9:07 - Bucky tries to break though.. .but loses her nerve. How do you tell your best friend that one thing that will utterly break them? How do you take away their hope? Especially when you're a fourteen year old girl (+2)

9:31 - They could have had Yuudachi utter a sad poi. They did not. I applaud their restraint, but will not reward them for not shitting on the moment. Their reward is a lack of penalty.

9:32 - SIPPYBOAT IS LATE AND KONGOU IS MAAAAD.

9:56 - Apparently, Shimakaze forgot about the mission. So now we need to hunt down the fastest ship ever built by the Imperial Japanese Navy. Fortunately, she likes taking naps, so making up ground should be easy. Unfortunately, her napping habit makes her the hide-and-seek champion. She's slept under the admiral's kotatsu, or on Hoshou's lap. Hoshou wouldn't mind though; she's the base mama. Kinda surprised she didn't set that stupid bunny-ear headband on fire on the kotatsu heater, though.

10:17 - Kongou has a cunning plan...

10:30 - ...J-Pop Concert with some rock undertones!

10:46 - Star Trek photon torpedo sound effect makes me happy. Uchuu Senkan Kongou?

10:49 - Bestest concert:

Bestest tambourine.

10:58 - Hibiki is a delightful, fun, and interesting character. The anime did its level best to destroy that by making her a walking "khorosho" dispenser. I get Sumire Uesaka already has the lead role, so she has lots of dialog... but God. Could you not f**k it up that badly? (-1)

11:05 - Damn, Bucky. Some little loli shit is basically crapping all over your epic tambourine work. You gonna take that from her?

11:13 - Fubuki wants to know what the point of the concert is. "Let's say somebody's locked themselves in a closed room and they won't come out. But if someone was singing and dancing outside their room, they'd want to know what was going on, right? And the instant they open the door, we poke in a stick and open the door! And then we draw her out! In other words, the principle of the lever is the strongest thing around!" I wasn't joking when I said Kongou is f**king insane.

11:40 - Kirishima makes a bit of sense with, "If we can't find Shimakaze, we have her come out and find us." But it's just in defense of the rock concert plan. Not that the sisters have bad voices... they're all very clear and distinct and pleasant for singing. Which is even more amazing because they all are voiced by the same person.

12:05 - Oh snap. Naka-chan wants an idol battle! ONLY NAKA SINGS ON THIS NAVAL BASE!

12:56 - And the epic battle music swells... and Naka announces the duel is on! Kongou and Hiei versus Naka! The rest break off to find Shimakaze.

13:46 - Kirishima has a cunning plan to lure out the missing destroyer. After all, she is the brains of the Kongou sisters... complete with shiny glass sound effect and her glasses turning to opaque, with ominous laugh!

14:03 - The plan is to use the epic yuri waves coming off Ooi and Kitakami looking at some pretty flowers to summon Shimakaze. "My calculations show a 92% probability that girls like sweet things. But there's something they like more! Stories of sweet love!" Well, at least they're conducting this observation and live experiment out in secret.

14:32 - Oh.

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SCIENCE

14:53 - And now we're down to Haruna... the, um, not very smart one. Her brilliant plan:

IMPLICATIONS DISTURBING

14:58 - "I'm sure this will lure Shimakaze out!" "Sure. Yeah."

15:07 - The trap is triggered, to the shock of both Fubuki and the audience! Aaaaaaaaaaand...

15:11 - IMPLICATIONS MORE DISTURBING

Dammit, Hiei.

15:16 - "It's not what it looks like!" she exclaimed, quickly stuffing the lurid publication into the folds of her robes...

15:26 - But, it's okay. Kongou politely offers Fubuki a nice cup of tea and tells her not to worry. Turns out it's teatime! Because Kongou is English-built! wot wot spit spot

15:36 - Kirishima made some tasty scones. Even a doubting Bucky ends up converted.

15:43 - And they even summon the missing Shimakaze, who wants some tea and scones. Perhaps tea time really is a magical font of power? Perhaps this is how the UK was able to conquer the world...

But now that tea time is over, it's time for work.

16:22 - It was a dark and stormy sea...

17:00 - Enemy ships spotted. All hands, set Condition One throughout the fleet!

17:57 - RENSOUHO-CHAN SHOOO KAWAAAAIIIIIIIIIIII

18:08 - Shimmy gets a torp kill on an enemy DD. Quintuple torpedo launchers; damn.

18:43 - Whoops... Bucky strayed too far and found out what happens when a battleship scores a mere near miss on a destroyer: her gun is trashed and she's flooding. And the battleship is giving her a look... that I think is supposed to be menacing but could also be bedroom eyes.

18:50 - Shells exploding around, Fubuki realizes she's doomed. She thinks of Mutsuki, standing on that dock for a sister that will never come... and now for a lost friend, as well.

18:58 - Our protagonist drops to her knees, desolate. Rounds streak in...

19:06 - YOU SHALL NOT PASS

A fist swings out and smashes one of the shells aside. (+5)

19:19 - And then Kongou turns, looks down at Fubuki with a gentle smile. Bucky starts to stammer and cry.

19:38 - Kongou leans down and hugs Fubuki. "It's okay, I understand." The tears flow until Fubuki can get back onto her feet.

20:00 - That dealt with... "Follow me! Try to keep up!" Time for battleships to do what battleship do best: blow. Shit. UP.

20:13 - Apparently, Kirishima's glasses double as a HUD. Oh, anime. But it lets her call out ranging and deflection data.

20:46 - Kongou blows away the two battleships, and Shimakaze takes down the last destroyer.

20:54 - Hrrm. A British ship shouldn't be making that hand gesture toward the audience, Kongou-san.

20:56 - Sunset, back at the base. Mutsuki waits on the dock. She rises to leave and starts to walk down the pier.

21:16 - A pair of legs and a tattered minskirt (what the f**k, anime (-1)) appear. "Kisaragi-chan?"

21:22 - No, just Fubuki. Damn. Girl nearly dies and still can't get a break. "Tadaima, Mutsuki-chan."

Mutsuki starts to welcome Fubuki back... then realizes her clothes are torn and her face and arms are smudged. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

21:33 - "No. I'm just fine." "I'm glad. You need to rest. You'll catch a cold!"

21:40 - "Mutsuki-chan!" Fubuki pins Mutsuki's arms to her side with a tight embrace.

21:45 - Well, the wording in Japanese is, "Fu... buki-chan?" But I believe the English translation is, "BITCH DA FUQ U DOIN"

21:54 - Fubuki keeps holding. "Fubuki-chan, that hurts." She starts to wiggle her shoulders to loosen Fubuki's grip. "Let me go. Stop it. (Yamete) That hurts!!" Fubuki hugs her closer.

This is where, on his first viewing of KanColle, I started to make naughty jokes. Maybe that made me more susceptible.

22:03 - "It hurts! My chest really hurts." Bucky gets a... well, look:

Wouldn't you be thinking "PHRASING!" as that face appears over pleas of, "Yamete! Itai! Itai! Yaameeeteee!"? YOU KNOW YOU WOULD!

It doesn't help that Mutsuki is pulling away and Fubuki is pulling back, causing an... interesting animation.

22:11 - Again, not sure if it was because on my first viewing I was making hentai jokes, for just the voice actress's great skill at crying... but the tears well in Mutsuki's eyes as the reality comes crashing down. She lets out a sobbing call for her lost sister, fading to unintelligible through her sorrow.

22:22- Fubuk bawls as well. I know the show takes a lot of flak, all deserved. But this sequence... ah. Not a lump in the throat, but that slight pressure behind the eyes. You're not going to cry, but... you know.

The music, the acting, the animation all synergize in this sequence and it's quite moving. This is what sold me on the concept, that these girls really are fighting and dying against this menace. This is what got me through 8 more episodes of wildly-variable quality and some pretty dull bits.(+5)

22:52 - The next morning, Fubuki rises and checks on Mutsuki's bunk, just like she did at the beginning. Just like then... it's empty.

22:58 - But Mutsuki simply woke up first and is now standing at the window, behind Fubuki. Um, how she got over there without being seen without Bucky seeing her is another matter, but, eh. She wishes Fubuki a good morning with a small smile. Fubuki smiles, and returns her greeting...

Whilst behind them, Yuudachi watches silently. Plotting her next move to be mistress of this silly harem. <_<

Series Kaga Smiles: 1
    Episode Nanodesu: 1
    TOTAL SCORE: +11

Arigatou, Popura-chan. ^_^
    ...Looking at that image... Centaurgirl, huh. Oh Lord. I really hope that's not an ecchi. (Further writing revealed that do in fact tag the ecchi ones; this is not)

Dive!! looks like The Mighty Ducks/Girls und Panzer/Love Live, but with Olympic diving.

Gamers!: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Slice of Life
    Popey, you naughty, naughty pony.

...Wait, "Marvel Future Avengers"? Official Marvel anime? Huh. And another Pokemon movie?

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 08-01-2017 @ 08:47 PM).]

posted 06-25-17 11:11 AM CT (US)     1470 / 1801  
    I somehow managed to pick up shows that were going to continue over the Summer season, so I have plenty to watch already.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 06-29-17 02:17 PM CT (US)     1471 / 1801  
    How familiar are you pretty pony-himes with Funimation's practices?

posted 06-29-17 05:25 PM CT (US)     1472 / 1801  
    Don't know, they only work in the US and Canada, I think. Because of this, anything they license I can't watch like on Crunchyroll, as they region-lock their content.

EDIT: Btw Moff, this might seem interesting to you.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 06-29-2017 @ 05:27 PM).]

posted 06-29-17 11:14 PM CT (US)     1473 / 1801  
    Cute. ^_^

But Moff does not buy nendos or figma or whatever.

posted 06-30-17 03:52 AM CT (US)     1474 / 1801  
    Gamers! Looks like it's a coin flip between shit and amusing or mediocre and tedious.

I like those odds.

posted 06-30-17 09:09 AM CT (US)     1475 / 1801  
    Popey give me anime. You have good tastes.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 57 58 59 60 61 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » A Thread for the Appreciation of Anime
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames