You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14  Next Page »
posted 10-30-16 02:16 AM CT (US)   
SENGOKU is a total conversion project for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. The mod aims to replicate a historically accurate but fun experience of being a Daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japan.

- 99% of graphics changed to reflect the Sengoku Period. 100+ new units, buildings, animals, terrains, eye candy and more.
- Completely new sounds, music, interface, icons and main menu to fit the Japanese Sengoku period.
- New unit lines based on the military of Sengoku Japan: Train powerful Samurai, Yari Ashigaru, Sohei, Teppo units, new Japanese ships and destroy castles with a completely brand new range of siege units. Also, loads of new units or editor units and heroes such as Jesuits, Bhikku, Geisha, Children, Ronin and more!
- New and improved technologies; including a full enhancement of the blacksmith - catered to the types of armour within the Sengoku period.
- New 5th resource has been added, called Honour. Fully supported in scenario editor. Gain this by killing enemy troops and use it to train new units or conduct special abilities.

Still to come:
- New SENGOKU AI- Brand new campaigns and scenarios selectable from main menu.- New selection voices and voice acting.

- All new units, unit traits, balancing and tactical options, giving a unique and refreshing spin to the AOK classic gameplay.
- Religion: choose either Buddhism or Christianity and receive different bonuses, units and techs specific to which religion you choose.
- Redefine siege and ship battles, with all new options specific to the Sengoku period. Do you opt for standard siege weapons, or do you choose to use costly Nanban cannons?
- Each clan has trainable and unique Hero units specific to their clan, which can attack troops and heal on the battlefield. Each Clan Hero also has 5 trainable bodyguards.
- Ninja unit, is almost invisible on the map and doesn't get auto attacked. Use this unit to sneak on enemy villagers or Heroes and assassinate them.
- Ninja Missions: Sabotage enemy techs, buildings and more, with the new ninja missions. Ninja missions can only be conducted with enough gold and honour, and you must wait between missions before conducting the next one.
- New clan abilities; short term effects which are unique to each clan. Re-use abilities after a set amount of time. These cost Honour to perform.
- Brand new unique and intriguing RMS maps, specifically tailored for Sengoku, to ensure an authentic and fun experience of fighting across Japan.

- For the first time ever in AOC, completely brand new terrains. You can choose from over 130 terrains to ensure you get the perfect design.
- Another first timer for AOK, multiple new cliff types, place-able in editor.
- Elevation up to 11 from 7.- Create more detailed scenarios with Extended Triggers.
- Seasons have come to Sengoku. Multiple tree sets, each with their own seasonal varient (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Snow).
- Tons of new eye candy; shrine/temple/battlefield/farm/random objects, vegetation, rocks, buildings, scenario placeables (like no LOS surviver units etc), and more!

Asakura
Chosokabe
Date
Hojo
Mori
Oda
Otomo
Shimazu
Takeda
Tokugawa
Toyotomi
Uesugi

The BETA version of Sengoku Total conversion is available. Download it from ModDB here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sengoku-age-of-empires-2-total-conversion/downloads/sengokutc-installer.

Discord ModDB
Current Team: Achesun, R_V_A, Sebastien and Daniel Pereira. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more news!

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 09-03-2021 @ 09:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-07-19 05:44 AM CT (US)     456 / 478  
That's awesome. I'm glad it reminds you of your trip. I took some artistic liberties with the garden and walls but overall tried to make it as authentic as possible... and I can assure you, the artwork inside this version is all original :P
posted 06-07-19 10:17 AM CT (US)     457 / 478  
Great work Seb looks awesome.
posted 09-30-19 10:39 AM CT (US)     458 / 478  
You want the Mongol Invasion included? Why that and not the Genpei War? Almost the same units just Minamotos' have Tomoe Gozen...

Anyway, the last pictures are wonderfull! And those somehow tormenting because we see them and want to play it right now! To bad it is still WiP stuff
posted 09-30-19 08:35 PM CT (US)     459 / 478  
The project is about Sengoku period. So no Genpei War, sorry. Mongol Invasion screenshot was just a joke.
posted 02-06-20 11:41 PM CT (US)     460 / 478  
When will this mod be released? i'm super thrilled. could you please release like a small version?
posted 04-01-20 09:49 AM CT (US)     461 / 478  
New Announcement!

It has been quite a few years since the beginning of the SENGOKU total conversion project, and through these years we have witness the growing of our beloved Age of Empires II at the same time. In 2013, the HD version of AOE2 was released, followed by three whole new expansion packs. And finally in the 20th anniversary of the original game, AOE2 Definitive Edition is here, not only bringing back the old fans but new faces into our great gamming community.

One of the mostly asked questions to our development team, perhaps second only to “How can I download Sengoku”, is whether this mod will be available for the remastered versions. While the new versions of the game appear to be more limited to the gameplay modding, it is of no doubt that they, especially the Definitive Edition, are far more potential in terms of graphic modding, which is exactly our greatest ambition, to create a visually improved Aok of Japan, required. Therefore, we’re proud to make this exciting announcement concerning our team’s new goal. Ladies and gentlemen, the development of SENGOKU: Definitive Edition is now in progress.

One of the hardest tasks in converting our assets to DE is, of course, making the unit graphics once again. As most of us are aware of, AOE2 DE increases the directions of a unit to 32, while the original has 8 only (3 of which are even just mirrored). What’s more, the new game is now featuring the zooming function, which means that the assets have to be rendered to large and detailed images for the players to play the mod in the UHD resolution. While we luckily have the 3D models made, rendering them into 2D graphics meeting the requirements for AOE2DE definitely takes tremendous amount of time. After months of secretly hardworking, we’re proud to show you our first units remade for DE: the Nodachi Samurai.

Here we also provide a comparison of the graphics for the original SENGOKU and SENGOKU: DE, to show you how much more detailed the new graphic (in UHD!) is.

As you can see, most of the units in the original mod have 50 frames for each slp, with the decaying slp having 25, making it totally 225 frames. But the new Nodachi Samurai has 480 frames alone for the standing animation! With so many frames, we can make the movements of a unit much more elaborate, whether he’s idling, attacking, walking, slacking off, or doing anything else. Let’s take a look at our next unit, an Ashigaru.

Hey, no laughing! He’s doing his best!
posted 04-01-20 11:41 AM CT (US)     462 / 478  
This is a really exciting announcement. However will you still be releasing a version for the original version of the game. I’ve been really looking forward to this but don’t currently have DE and don’t plan on getting it anytime soon.
posted 04-03-20 12:13 PM CT (US)     463 / 478  
Exciting news!

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Proteus and Genie Converter - AKX installers for modern times
posted 04-08-20 00:13 AM CT (US)     464 / 478  

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 04-08-2020 @ 00:13 AM).]

posted 04-13-20 03:38 AM CT (US)     465 / 478  
That's really cool!
posted 04-13-20 04:52 AM CT (US)     466 / 478  
You got 'em good this year.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 07-03-20 02:36 AM CT (US)     467 / 478  
posted 07-03-20 04:14 AM CT (US)     468 / 478  
Would some of the graphic assets such as the wooden platform, rocks be released? These would be invaluable for inclusion in AOE2DE as a mod too.

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
posted 07-03-20 08:54 AM CT (US)     469 / 478  
Would some of the graphic assets such as the wooden platform, rocks be released? These would be invaluable for inclusion in AOE2DE as a mod too.
Not right now no.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 07-03-2020 @ 08:55 AM).]

posted 08-04-20 04:03 PM CT (US)     470 / 478  
Not sure if I ever posted in this thread before, so just popping in to say that this looks bloody amazing!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 09-14-20 00:06 AM CT (US)     471 / 478  
DE version looks great! I'll give you a word of encouragement. Keep developing, I and many others can't wait.

✰~Make your dreams come true by finishing whatever you hold dear most~✰
YOU ._________________________________________________________________________.DO
CAN/±±±±±±±\__/±±±±±±±\__/FROM VIETNAM WITH LOVE\__/±±±±±±±\__/±±±±±±±\IT
VERY useful tool for map designers
Check out my Youtube channel for AoE2 Editor, modding tips and tricks!
Gensokyo: Season of Calamity | El Nath (Winner of ZeroEmpires designer contest) | Rebirth of the Colosseum (Winner of 2020 Minigame Competition) | And more...
posted 04-01-21 05:51 AM CT (US)     472 / 478  
Nyahello!

It's been another long while since our last update, it seems. Well, we were supposed to write a new article about the religion options in this Mod, which includes Buddhism and Christianity. But before that, allow me to went back to talked about the default religion in SENGOKU, Shinto, and the recent changes we're working on.

In one previous article about the shrine, we introduced the Miko, a versatile unit trained at the shrine building who can heal and pick up Mikoshi(relics). The Miko is very useful in early gameplay, but when other monk type units are unlocked later, Miko's role seems somehow replaced. As a result, we decided to give an upgrade option for her. Now, when a player reachs the rank of a Daimyo, Miko can be upgraded to ELITE MIKO.

Elite Miko is the strongest unit in the SENGOKU mod by far. She has all the abilities of the original Miko, and has a special ability, as shown in the following screenshots:
In the following three screenshots, we can see a yari militia trying to attack Elite Miko,but was immediately "converted". Unlike the usual way, however, the unit converted by Elite Miko is not just the same unit who changed the color of his clothes. Instead, our yari militia is turned into a 35P.

A 35P not only has stronger states than the original unit it was, but is also given the same ability Elite Miko can do (albeit at a slower speed). In the screenshot below, you can see the 35P yari militia attempts to convert a nodachi samurai. In the same way, the 35P nodachi samurai can convert other units into 35Ps. In the end, Elite Miko can gather an army of 35Ps in just a short time.

Wait that's too OP? What are you talking about? I'm not at fault right?

posted 04-01-21 11:11 AM CT (US)     473 / 478  
When will you release this... I can't wait... really can't wait? Don't tell me it's another 5 years!
posted 08-22-21 08:48 AM CT (US)     474 / 478  
Dear developers,

I do not no if you already heard of it, but there is a project called openage, which rewrites the engine of Age of Empires II in modern and free to use code. I don't know if you folks can benefit from each other. I guess they want to be sometime independent from the graphics of Age of Empires II as well...

Either way, you can also take their source code and publish an complete game instead of a mod. Shouldn't be that hard, because openage wants also to be compatible to the new (DE) and the old graphics (aok,aoc).

I know that it seems like your fans can not wait any longer... so it could also be a posibility for both, first release the mod and later on release it's own game.

wish you all the best for your project!
posted 08-29-21 04:37 AM CT (US)     475 / 478  
We are proud to announce the FIRST release of Sengoku Total Conversion.

This release is a BETA version. It is fully playable and feature complete, yet may still have bugs/balance issues and are missing some potential new additions.

You can download it here.
posted 09-19-21 01:23 PM CT (US)     476 / 478  
Thats fantastic!

Congratulation on your good job!

Just a problem... the DRS editor can't load the game data files... how to see the DRS file?!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 09-19-21 10:42 PM CT (US)     477 / 478  
Just a problem... the DRS editor can't load the game data files... how to see the DRS file?!
The DRS is made with the new tool slx editor,you cant use the old turtle pack to open or view the drs or slp files.
posted 11-26-21 09:18 PM CT (US)     478 / 478  
Could you create an exe without "windowed mode support"?

Edit: Figured out I just need to remove "wndmode.dll" from the sgk folder to disable windowed mode.

[This message has been edited by Jamould (edited 12-11-2021 @ 05:14 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames