You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Mythology™: Tributary Travels (Cinematic)
posted 28 June 2020 04:39 AM EDT (US)   
A pharaoh carries a holy relic to the source of the Nile in hopes of lifting a curse from the land of Egypt and its people...

https://youtu.be/4H6OS8ufMNo

"Blunt do I make my enemy's blade, nor bites his sword or staff"
- The Poetic Edda
Replies:
posted 28 June 2020 08:45 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
*eyes drool*
It's so good. The masterful detail in every scene is incredible. Loved those hanging baskets, great to see some vector tricks being abused. It's actually possible to get the pharaoh to walk into the passages now.
Really admire all the city shots we only get glimpses of yet must have taken so much time to make. The skies are excellent and I loved the sunrise effect (how do you get skies to work in EE?)

Top quality work

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 28 June 2020 08:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
Great job. Lots of detail in every scene and lots of effects that probably took a long time to get right. I’m always a fan of the monkey raft.
posted 28 June 2020 10:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Loved it. So much detail was put into every shot, and the city shots were flawless. How did you manage to get so many buildings on screen without breaking the game?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 28 June 2020 11:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Camera angles 9/10
- So many shots have great background action while featuring unobtrusive objects in the foreground, truly Anraheir knows his way around cinematography.
- I will forever appreciate angles near 0 since they give such a different view of the game we're used to.
- Bonus points because the Editor is such a pain when it comes to placing and moving objects at angles parallel to the ground (yay for having your carefully enlarged, rotated objects disappear when you accidentally move your cursor 3 pixels above the horizon).
- I wish the camera moved more often. 2 scenes at the beginning have tracking shots, but the rest are all static apart from the final one.

Composition and eyecandy 10/10
- Buildings in the background.
- The buildings in the background are foggy (?!).
- Extreme attention to detail in rocks, vegetation and terrain.
- The workers standing on top of scaffolding.
- Some scenes have impressive amounts of buildings and units.
- A rhomboidal pyramid made with elevation.
- The scale hanging from the ceiling in the guardian scene.
- You managed to do highly convincing interiors, something rarely seen before.
- The tiny insects running around.
- Appropriately used a monkey raft.
- The sun and the moon.
- The water farms.
- Hanging flower beds in the market.
- I somehow REALLY liked the tilted tree in the cavalry mercenaries scene.
- Supreme use of SFX.

Lighting 11/10
- Seriously I won't comment it all but my jaw dropped too many times because of it.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 28 June 2020 11:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
This was great to watch... a beautiful cinematic. Well done Anraheir.
posted 29 June 2020 03:34 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
Absolutely amazing. Feels like a professional film!
posted 29 June 2020 09:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Thank you friends for watching the video and for the feedback. I very much appreciate it. Long live Age of Mythology

- The Poetic Edda
posted 30 June 2020 04:20 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Very Nice.

Out of interest, was this done in a single scenario, or was it multiple maps and the cinematics were edited together in post?

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 July 2020 08:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
This stuff is amazing. Love your other cinematics too. The attention to detail is superb. How did you get the pharaoh to walk over that wooden bridge? Love the dark Osiris scene, and all the incredible lighting tricks.
posted 01 July 2020 11:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
Thank you folks. Each scene has an individual map for it - I don't think the game would have handled so much information (it'd often get glitchy after a few hours of design on just one scene and I'd have to restart it again).

- The Poetic Edda
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Age of Mythology™: Tributary Travels (Cinematic)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames