You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Export Game Models for 3d Printing?
posted 17 March 2017 10:44 AM EDT (US)   
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how to export, or had already exported, the unit models from AoM as 3d files? I'm interested in 3d printing some of my fav units. Any links, suggestions, help in this direction is appreciated, thanks!
Replies:
posted 18 March 2017 07:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
You can import AoM unit models into 3ds max with the AMP-plugin. Then you can export those out of 3ds max as a different file. (e.g. .FBX/3ds/Dae/Obj etc...)
posted 18 March 2017 10:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
So this will allow me to extract the core unit models? Is there a tutorial on that specifically? Thanks!
posted 18 March 2017 10:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
You can extract the unit models with vachu's bar explorer.
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=97&ci=da0f4e173e78ddf204708e9ae76ddeafYToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjM1OiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD12YWNodSI7fX0=

Open the bar exlorer program, and search for the models.bar file in the models folder. In there you will see all the .brg files so you can extract them. This works the same with the textures.bar file. Then it should be self-explanatory

Then import them with AMP plug-in for 3ds max 2015/2016
https://ryder25.itch.io/aom-model-plugin

Ofcourse you need to have 3ds max.
posted 18 March 2017 04:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
This sounds pretty sick, maybe send some pictures when you're done?

posted 19 March 2017 09:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
If you have AoM Extended Edition then the bar exporting is not needed..

and you can also use Blender, a great free 3d editor. with the aom blender addon:

https://mrtherich.github.io/AoM-Blender-Addon/

3D printing with blender is not hard, and you can find a lot of tutorials online, if you have a 3d printer yourself. Or you can use a service like Shapeways.

But almost all AoM models would need optimization. The models in aom are very low-poly which means that there are often holes, overlapping/clipping faces or parts that are not connected like the head of a unit. I don't think that there is any model you could 3D print straight out of the box.

So if you don't already know 3d editing i suppose you learn the basics of that too...

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
posted 28 March 2017 07:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Can anyone confirm that the files are available in the Steam version of the game before I buy it? Thanks!
posted 28 March 2017 08:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
They are.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Export Game Models for 3d Printing?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames