Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » uitriggereditor.xml ultrawidescreen fix

Download File Post Review Post Comment

uitriggereditor.xml ultrawidescreen fix

Author File Description
ykrugernl After a while of putting up with my trigger editor effects/condition parameter section being totally messed up, I decided to look around what I can do about it. After a while of searching I found billy X's fix.

Quoted from billy X:

If you try to play the non-extended edition of this game with a 16:9 widescreen resolution (for example using "xres=1920 yres=1080 -waterbump +noIntroCinematics" at the end of your shortcut file) and go into the editor you will find the trigger editor is misaligned rendering it unusable. That is where this simple modification comes in, just pop it in your data folder and voila. If you want to play on the default resolutions you can delete this file. If you find yourself using a resolution that is not 16:9 and not one of the default resolutions supported you can modify this part

<gadget type="gadget" name="trEdit-CondEffPanel-custom" sizerel1024="285 510 530 180"/>

the "510" here by default is 35, increase this number to move the trigger editor down and decrease this number to move it up.

This fix changes the ../data/uitriggereditor.xml file. It didn't fix the issue for me, so I decided to tinker around myself. His fix is based on 16:9 1920x1080 screens. My fix is based on 21:9 2560x1080. So if you create scenarios on an ultrawide screen and your problem is similar to mine, give this fix a try.

My issue:

Fixed:

Change
<gadget type="gadget" name="trEdit-CondEffPanel-custom" sizerel1024="285 35 530 180"/>

to
<gadget type="gadget" name="trEdit-CondEffPanel-custom" sizerel1024="220 35 745 180"/>

As you can see, I also changed the first value to line up the parameter list left side with the left side of the dropdown directly above the parameter list.
If it doesn't work, mess around with the numbers a bit. The first value is distance from left side of window, second value is distance from top, third value is the width, fourth value not really sure (I had assumed it is the height but I've tried multiple values and didn't see any change whatsoever).
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Izalith
(id: Lilitu)
Rating
Rating: 5
I cannot try this because I have the normal widescreen resolution, but I believe you and your screenshots that you have figured out what the number can be changed into to make it work for your resolution.

I did not even know there was a widescreen fix for this and have been triggering in 3:4 resolution. Thx for making me aware of this fix!
ImogenLay
Rating
Rating: 5
Awesome fix. For me it didn't work once again as I have a 2k monitor (2560x1440). However, for people wondering, I worked out the new numbers to be: 235 490 532 180

I thought I might be clever so I tried changing the sizerel1024 (size relative to 1024) that precedes the four numbers. This didn't work at all and instead permanently increased the size to gigantic proportions. Then it seemed to be stuck this way, even after a reinstall. If anybody else has this particular problem, go to:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME_HERE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games
Then just delete the folder named Age of Mythology. For whatever reason, the permanent super-size data is stored here.

[Edited on 07/15/20 @ 07:13 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:99
Favorites: [Who?]0