Single Player Scenarios » Armageddon, Version 2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Armageddon, Version 2

Author File Description
rakovsky
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
In 2011, The Elva_Rokk posted Version 1 of this neat-sounding cinematic scenario for AOM: The Titans. He wrote:

Quote:

The title, Armageddon originates from a friend of mine, but this a three minute cinematic of chaos unfolding, a sky darkening, men clashing, the sky falling. This surely is the end of the world...
An Elva_Rokk Production, enjoy!

Unfortunately, the music did not work in Version 1 because the music trigger's filename didn't match the music filename in the zip. In Version 2, I fixed the music so that it plays. The music vastly improves the ambiance of the scenario.

The original version's texture files did not make the sky turn Orange. Putting it in the textures folder like his instructions said was not enough. The only way to make the Orange sky texture work is to play the scenario using the "Legends Of Middle Earth" (AKA "LOME") Mod for AOM:TT. The orange sky improves the ambiance, and meteors fell when I ran the scenario using the HARD Difficulty in the LOME Mod. If you don't use the LOME Mod, the scenario will still play, but the orange sky won't work and maybe nor will the meteors.

The meteors didn't work today when I tried the scenario on the HARD Difficulty without the LOME Mod. In the Editor, the Scenario's Triggers give a "god power" to a Player, but the box for the name of the power is blank/empty. Maybe this is why the effect only works in the LOME Mod. I also tried this scenario in AOM:EE on Steam with the LOME Mod, and I got the music and orange sky to work, but the meteors did not.

Installation Instructions

STEP 1:
Install the "Legends Of Middle Earth" Mod. You can find version 5.0.4, which I used, here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/legends-of-middle-earth-50/downloads/lome-5-0-4

A good video showing how to install the LOME Mod is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lU2bsq3i_o

Basically, you just need to copy the contents of the LOME folder that you download and then paste those contents directly on top of the contents of your computer's AOM directory. This includes "replacing" the contents of the subfolders of your computer's AOM folder with the contents of your downloaded LOME folder.

STEP 2:
The LOME Mod creates an Lta folder in your sound folder that uses a lowercase L in the "LTA". If you haven't installed LOME, then you need to create an lta folder in your sound folder. Whether you or LOME create the lta folder, your second Step is to take the scenario zip file's music file "Halo(Orchestral_Halo_Theme).mp3" and paste it into your AOM folder's sound folder's Lta Folder. The lta folder is located at:
Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\sound\lta

STEP 3: Take the scenario zip file's file "Armageddon_Version2.scx" and paste it into your AOM folder's
scenario subfolder located at: Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\scenario
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
No messages found

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:205
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:3.38 MB