New Files

Utility Programs » AoM Mod Manager 1.5.2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoM Mod Manager 1.5.2.0

Author File Description
Ryder25
(id: tasev)

AoM Mod Manager

AoM Mod Manager allows you to organize you mods and quickly install them without having to waste time. Windows only, sorry macs!

Features and More: Click!

Read the Readme!!! Enjoy!

Version 1.5.2.0

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Python_Owner987 This sucks it really hard and complex i downloaded one of your mods and it didnt work!
Ryder25
File Author
ok, which mod did you try this on?
Green_Turtle When I opened the program I waited a minute for it to start up, but then windows gave me a program error message and closed it without me seeing any UI, don't tell me I have to install something before I use this!
Ryder25
File Author
Actually, I think you do have to install some windows .NET framework. Try .NET framework 2.0 and if that won't work then go for 3.0 and 3.5
Green_Turtle Gah, well I don't like to have to install other stuff just to run a program I can make my self better :P but good work all the same, making better than bloomy I hear.
Ryder25
File Author
Yeah, that happened to me for the ai program by neosoft studios or something. I couldn't run it for some reason. I never got it to work, oh well. :P
Inazuma
Rating
Rating: 4.5
This is truly a hidden gem in the AOM mod community. It works very well - allows you to disable and enable mods very easily and quickly. It also includes a quick backup and restore of your AOM files in case something goes wrong.

The instructions don't explain everything and it took me about 15 minutes to work everything out fully.

Here's some pointers for new users:

* When you want to create a new mod, first make a new folder anywhere on your computer.

* Then in the program click to create new mod, put the mod name and description in, then on the save screen browse to the folder you made, and for the file name type "info" (without quotations) - you HAVE to save it as info.

* After you click Ok, you then can create the folders associated with the main AOM folder. You have to type in the same names, seperate by a comma with no spaces. So eg. if you want to have new anim and data folder, you have to type "anim,data" (without quotations)

* You can now test it out by putting any old file in one of the new folders and then pressing enable in the program. The file should appear in the same named folder in the main AOM directory.

* After you exit the program and reopen it, there will be no list apparent. You have to click New>Open>Info
Scorpion ra
Rating
Rating: 5.0
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
I'm using the mod manager primarily during development. It allows me to quickly update all my files without having to manually overwrite them. Saves a lot of time and allows me to play the original game or other mods without the hastle.
Its really a lot simpler than it first appears. If you take the time to understand it you'll be glad you did.
xEXOLARx If you wanted a mod to work and play online wouldnt ujut install the mod playtest it then exit aom and delete protox xml? cus that worked with me. all u do is make sure u dont put the mod in any maps u make cus if other ppl dont have it game will oos
Inazuma There are more files than just the protox that can cause OOS, and many mods edit these files.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:5,343
Favorites: [Who?]8