Utility Programs » AoM Map Tool 3,1

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoM Map Tool 3,1

Author File Description
lostrozzacavalli
AoM Map Tool

# Flatten terrain/water at any height*;
# Shape the water as the terrain*;
# Load bitmap images to modify the color of any tile of water, with the possibility of bump them (screenshot purposes only);
# Automatic backup of the scenario when you load it, to -hopefully- avoid any loss of data.
Since version 2,0:
# Resize the map in the X and Z axis up to any value.
Since version 2,1:
# Corrected a bug related to water in resized areas;
# Set the color of the water for the whole map.
Since version 3,0:
# Compress all the triggers to one**;
# Delete all the triggers.
# Change group "Ungrouped"'s name.
# Automatic search for updates.
Since version 3,1:
# Implementation of an installer so you won't have any zlib.net.dll around anymore.
# Steal any condition or effect from any map and use them on your own ones***;

* The value you put in the "at height" box is absolute for the flatten commands, relative for the one to shape the water as the terrain. This means that if you put a rather small value in it the water will just cover the terrain, and you can create some nice color blendings. I haven't tried this a lot, so I leave it to you.
** This is a risky function. It may cause trigger lock or even map crashing. A backup is OBBLIGATORY before using it (Even by just check "Make backup" when opening the scenario). You are adviced, I don't respond to any loss of data here. If your map does not work anymore after using this restore it with the backup you made and please send me the broken one so I can see what's wrong and improve the tool.
*** All the conditions and effects you steal are saved in a file in your AoM folder called "AoM Map Tool typetest.xml".

Credits: invent00r, who told me how to decompress a scenario and helped me in various occasions.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Myles_Kennedy
(id: Jack D P)
You released it? Sweet! Thanks Losty!
Izello So,You used Visual studio :) wasn't the coding hard
lostrozzacavalli
File Author
Well it wasn't that hard once I figured out where the terrain and water definitions were in the scenario, and I learnt to load bitmaps.
Izello
Rating
Rating: 4.5
It's amazing since you can now put pictures on Aom
with a wide array of other features like the bump image however there's still the problem in witch the picture should be 101X101 or 51X51

EDIT:the resize tool is just too cool

Additional Comments:
Overall it's a great tool

[Edited on 11/26/10 @ 05:23 AM]

lostrozzacavalli
File Author
Thank you for the review, Izello. I will probably add new funcs to it in the future.
BSU_DoLhades
Rating
Rating: 4.5
An extremley helpful tool, I find it annoying that this does not have an autosave feature, so i keep using it and then failing to save >.> this would be a perfect 5 with one!
Although some of its features are covered by Nottuds Superpack (Resizing maps past the limit upon creation) it can be extremley useful, as you never know what size you may need!

Therefore, it is a 4.5, a very handy tool that is going to help Mythic Studios produce its RPG, Project Alpha, it is definately at the top of my credits! ;)

Additional Comments:
Alongside Nottuds superpack, it is an essential for all map designers, I suggest you download this now! (Before you realise you need it, then it rejects you for not downloading it before! :O)
HailToTheOboe This thing is amazing!
The stuff you can do with this tool really allows for amazing eyecandy tricks that aomhers could probably spend the next decade experimenting with and perfecting.

thumbs up!
Zenophobia how do you dl?
FieJay It's cool but, when I resized the map and I wanted to load it, it said(on AOM): scenario ... failed to load.

What can I do now? And I've got the default aom editor on nottud's editor it failed too

btw is there a way to get more than 300 popcap?

FieJay

[Edited on 02/12/11 @ 11:50 AM]

BSU_DoLhades Oooh

nice 3.0 ;)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?