You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Playing the AoW2 campaign in Shadow Magic - is it possible?
posted 09-12-05 01:08 PM EDT (US)   
Like many people here I bought AoW2 as soon as it came out, then dropped it like a hot potato as soon as the vastly superior Shadow Magic arrived on the scene

I still have both games, and what I would like to do is play the AoW2 campaign in Shadow Magic. Is this possible?

I have transferred the AoW2 campaign maps into the User Campaign folder of my Shadow Magic Directory, but when I try the User Campaign option it doesn't see the maps. I tried putting them in the Shadow Magic Campaign folder, but it won't load the maps then either

I would like to open the maps in the SM editor and save them as SM maps, but the SM editor won't let me open campaign maps

Help!

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
Replies:
posted 09-13-05 08:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
You have tried renaming them to .ahm?
(just a guess)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-14-05 05:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Short answer: no.

Longer answer: The campaign data formats are different, enough so that the AoW2 map files cannot even be opened in the SM editor. The question came up even before AoW:SM was released in discussions with Josh AoW, who indicated that they would not be compatible due to the differences in how branching was down, the lack of a single main character in SM, and other changes. IIRC RayB made some mention of possibly converting single maps though not the structure as a whole, but AFAIK none were ever released.

posted 09-14-05 05:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
OK thanks, ChowGuy

Yes, Mr Swolte, I had tried renaming them to .ahm files, opening them in the SM editor, saving them as SM files, then changing them back to .a2c files

Not to worry, seemed like a good idea at the time

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » Playing the AoW2 campaign in Shadow Magic - is it possible?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames