Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » 100 Units v1.30

Download File Post Review Post Comment

100 Units v1.30

Author File Description
Magog 100 Units Mod version 1.30

IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RATE IT AND/OR MAKE A COMMENT! Thanks. :)

---Info---

This mod was for single players playing random maps, and for mapmakers who get a lot of more stuff to play around with. It features :

* Over 100 new units
* 9 new wizards
* New hero graphics
* Many new terrain objects
* New event images for the editor

There is no change in rules or balance, but some of the new units will be found in rogue shacks, inns etc, and also as guards.

If you have created a map using an earlier version of the 100 Units Mod, after installing this upgrade, you will have to open the map in the editor and save it once again to make sure it works with this version.

---Installation Instructions---

* Run the .exe found in the zip file
* Run AoW SM Setup, select "100units" in the Custom Resources drop-down box.

IMPORTANT! The installation program will not fully work with older versions of Windows (95,98,ME). There is a way around this problem though. After running the installation, open the program called "UGPM_gui.exe" which now is located in you default Shadow Magic directory. In the tree structure to the left, select the file "100units_script.txt". Hit CTRL+C. You'll notice some harddrive activity when the program creates all the new units. After that, the mod should work properly! (But don't forget to select it in the setup!)

---Credits---

The following people were part in creating this mod :

Magog (That's me... :) )
Blind Thrall
Chascal
Dwiggs
HamletG
Hatifnat (Check his mod out : http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=426)
Jamie
jwj442
Kharagh
Luc69 (Check his mod out : http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=373)
PawelS
RPGamer
Scorpi0
Sekhemty
Timelord
Vasilisk
WonderR (Check his mod out : http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=461)
Firegolem

---Lates news---

Please check out the HeavenGames forums for the latest news and updates on this mod. If you find bugs/errors/spelling errors, please report them to me in the forums as well. Suggestions can also be posted there.

Have fun!

/Magog
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Meph
Rating
Rating: 4
(Insert Rating analysis here)

This is a great little mod for single players and map makers. It was easy to install, and is fairly idiot proof as far as using it goes. Having access to more units adds a great deal of variety to the game, and variety is, as they say, the spice of life. The only problem I had with the mod was the occasional spelling error/typo that I would come across in the unit descriptions, but this is hardly earth shattering. Well worth the download...

Additional Comments:

Perhaps the readme.txt could include a listing of all the new units etc, so people who don't edit maps can see everything that has been added.
X Man Sethy OMG WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE FOR SHADOW MAGIC!!!?!!!
ScwycyDraig
(id: Squeeky_Dragon)
Rating
Rating: 4.5
An excellent MOD, for any mapmaker. So far, not many maps have been made for it, but hopefully the Unofficial Patch 1.4 will include a lot of these units, and expose them to more public attention. Still, until 1.4 comes out, it's still the best MOD for this purpose. A must for any mapmaker.

Additional Comments:
None, really. Thanks for the many well designed units, and a good MOD overall, Magog. Good luck on any further MODs and maps!

[Edited on 06/22/05 @ 01:29 AM]

ScwycyDraig
(id: Squeeky_Dragon)
In response to X Man Sethy's comment (despite the fact that it's unlikely he will read it): Shadow Magic is the most recent version of Age of Wonders. Logically, most mapmakers/MOD makers want to allow the most people to play their map/MOD, and making their map/MOD for an older version of the game would not only mean fewer players but also that the map/MOD coudn't have some of the better features of SM.

There are some AoW2 files here; poke around and I'm sure you'll find some. If you're an AoW1 player, go look for AoW1 maps at AoW1 Heaven ( http://aow.heavengames.com/).
Alex Mars
Rating
Rating: 5

This mod adds a lot of great content to the editor.
hatstand
Rating
Rating: 5

Additional Comments:

Great Mod, Even If Some Of The New Units Are Just Re-Coloured Versions Of Orignals...
kitekaze
Rating
Rating: 4.5
(Not bad at all)

Additional Comments:
More variety creature mean more better. Thanks!
Mannequin God blast it ****ing all. Seems like every time I use the custom resources the game refuses to load the scenarios or campaigns. This was no exception. If you have any idea to what is wrong, I would not mind having you tell me.
Deptak Hello i need some help , i have downland your mod , my game is french version patch up to 1.3. When i use personal settings and select this mod , is oki i launch the game , but with your mode emnabled , when i launch a scenario , the game crash and is marked " incompatible ressources" My game works if i don't use your mod .
Deptak The problem is if i have a french version of the game , can i use english mods ? I try change language in the setup of the game to english but same result : incompatible ressources can't play mods argh
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:6,761
Favorites: [Who?]0