Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Misc. Downloads » Gentleman Rules - The Groll

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Gentleman Rules - The Groll

Author File Description
The Groll The Grolls Gentleman Rules and Setup Catalog for Advanced Gameplay.

Update 07.Okt.2012 - This is a massive update including PawelSs rules tool.

Version 14

The Grolls Gentleman Rules and Setup Catalog + PawelSs Rules Tool

Release notes

I once only upload the "Gentleman Rules and Setup Catalog" in a single word doc file but it was ever thought that we get a true nice tool, where we can see the rules inside this tool and choose them and let the other players, that like to play in a game with us, choose rules or setups too and even make votes.
This tool was once (years ago now) made by PawelS for me after hours of interesting discussions in a private chat with PawelS.
I thought it would be nice to have a tool for this many rules and setups and PAwelS made it.
IT is not really perfect now and PawelS don´t like to invest some more hours of work until many other like the tool.
I have hoped for this small changes before a release but it was not needed because no one give enough feedback and cry for this changes. I hoped PawelS would make this changes nevertheless but he is busy and I understand that he don´t want to invest hours of work for nothing. Wasting time is bad.
So the tool was never perfect finished.
Now the time has come to finish a first true version of my rules and setup catalog and upload them together with PawelSs nice rules tool.

What is it?
In this tool you can choose the rules you like and set them as tight rules.
You can also vote for rules and send a vote with a file to other players. They load the file to the rules tool and chose their rules too and vote too.
In the end a game master or one of the players will set the collected rules as tight and setup the game.
In this tool it is much easier to find rules and setups and organize them.
It is much easier to keep the overview.
The rules are separated in categories.
One category is names General, one Trade, one Spells and so on and the rules are sorted by their kind into this categories.
So it is even more easy.

This was my wish for such a Gentleman Rules and Setup Catalog.
From my first idea it was the wish to have a nice tool where players can choose rules not making them mad poking around in an endless word doc while they get bored.

This is what this tool can do and what it is.
It´s a great tool with nice features but it is not perfect so far.
I think it is better to release it (PawelS allowed me to do it some minutes ago) now with the last rework of my catalog.
Better release it now to a fading community and fading players as never release it.
So I think it´s time to release what it worth to release.
One of this stuff is a unfinished rules tool with a first true draw of my catalog.
The tool is able to print out the rules to a text file so it is very easy to copy and paste them to an AoWSM message event that pops up every time you open your game turn.
So the tool, the ability to choose rules, and in the end the AoWSM editor give us all we need to have it very easy from choosing the rules over voting and printing till the final implement to the map and the pop up in game.

How to use it?
The ruels tool is a simple exe file.
You can doupble click on it to start it.

The Catalog is a MS word docx AND txt file.
When you want to work on rules you can use the docx file. I do it this way.

When you only want to load the rules and setup catalog you start the exe and then load the txt file using the New button.
Then the tool loads the Rules Catalog.

Now you need to play around with the tool.
If you only want to print the rules you have chosen for your PBEM game you have to save to player forms.
To create a rulesset txt file first create a player form using the button “save player form”, then use button “load player form” and then use the button “Generate ruleset”.

-----------------------------------------------

Update 18.11.2007
Version 4

This file contains all rules that I/we are working on in a single Word doc file.
It´s easyer to get a actual overview reading the marked and colored changes in this document file as to read the updates of this rules in this thread.
But please come over and talk to us.

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/post.cgi?action=reply&fn=29&tn=5200&f=29,5200,0,60

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Kovis I think the trading rule is too much. I always thought of item teleportation as being "Couriered". if you have two heroes, and the two wizards are behind enemy lines but far apart how realistic is it that if you sold/traded an item that your HERO would take all that time to deliver it. I wish item teleportation had a TURN delay based on how far apart they were in addition to mana, but heroes shouldn't have to hand deliver everything.

Just my thoughts.
The Groll
File Author
This is only one possible rule. This collections of rules and setups are only a suggestion of what is possible.
This is the first draw of this catalogue and my last version is much bigger ;-)

Btw. We have played it with exactly the rule you don´t like and it was funny.
OF course the setup of the game must match this rule. So it´s a good one for small maps but maybe a silly one for XXL maps.
So it´s up the the players and this all is only a suggestion to find new ideas for more a interesting gameplay.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:449
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:412.03 KB
Added:11/18/07