You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Zeus - Wide Screen 1920x1080 (World Map)
posted 08-20-19 16:14 ET (US)   
Hey Everyone

Just like to know if there is any fix on the widescreen world map?

After I installed the widescreen the world map is tiny and showing a huge blue bar.
Replies:
posted 08-20-19 19:03 ET (US)     1 / 4  
I found using the '1600x900' in windows mode makes it tolerable.
posted 09-23-19 06:59 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Tbh, I've never used the widescreen patch at all for playing Zeus/Poseidon (or any other game, really..) for Win 10, as I never really needed it.

You can pretty much set the resolution of any game you have in Win 10 to fit your screen appropriately. Just right-click on desktop, click Intel graphic settings, go to display and set the resolution right there, iirc. Any game you have will now fit to the screen. This especially works if you have NVIDIA.

If you have Radeon however (not NVIDIA), you can use AMD Catalyst - I think - to set the resolution. Both these methods worked for me at least, so it could probably work with someone else.

[This message has been edited by Mazeppa (edited 09-23-2019 @ 07:02 AM).]

posted 09-23-19 14:29 ET (US)     3 / 4  
Both Radeon and NVidea have workarounds as you suggest for the fullscreen mode. But I point out the following advantages to wsgf.org widescreen use.

The difference of 1024x768 and 1600x900 is:
-156% horzizontal view of the terrain map
-plus 117% verticle view of the terrain map
--about 182% more of the terrain map is viewable while playing

Drawbacks are you need a HD monitor over 30 inches to get a decent play experience, The Empire Map gets smallish & some of the menues and borders may not be perfectly aesthetically pleasing as the original.

I understand, both widescreen and the original Poseidon 2.1 now have Pecunia's fix/patch, though I have not verified by playing both versions.

Poseidon's Editor is part of the Zeus.exe so there are not designer issues as with EmperorEdit.exe, though some designers may take issue with the aesthetic borders and menuing. Shrug, cant please everyone, and designers may want to use the original for playtesting to avoid any weirdness for standard players.

Whichever works for you is great. I posted in Emperor Forum how I setup multiple installs to have a variety of game experiences(original, widescreen and mods). But not everyone reads/understand their EULA or has multiple copies of games.

[This message has been edited by user3 (edited 09-23-2019 @ 02:47 PM).]

posted 08-19-21 03:28 ET (US)     4 / 4  

[This message has been edited by Gweilo (edited 08-19-2021 @ 02:44 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Zeus - Wide Screen 1920x1080 (World Map)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames