Please login or register

Emperor: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Menagerie Animals Needed
posted 05-28-03 22:44 ET (US)   
I am in Lingshou. I have everything I need, however, I cannot seem to figure out how to get any Menagerie Animals that I need to proceed.

There are apparently none in the landscape of my City. I cannot seem to find a way to 'request' them of any other City.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Replies:
posted 05-28-03 23:26 ET (US)     1 / 4  
Greetings Circe,

If no animals are available to capture, then you'll have to ask for them from other cities. I know you can ask for them from allies or vassals (not sure about rivals), but I've noticed that they have to be in a good mood to do so, usually loyal or respectful will work. You might have to butter them up to get them in a better mood, and then animals will appear on the list of things you can request.

Once you have one animal, you can send that type of animal to other cities, who in turn will give you animals in thanks. With some trial and error, you can fill your whole menagerie this way.

"May Re, Horus, and Hathor love that noble heart of yours, which Montu, lord of Thebes, wishes to live forever."
posted 05-29-03 07:08 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Thank you so much. I could not understand why the option to request animals did not appear on the list. That answers my question completely.
posted 05-30-03 06:08 ET (US)     3 / 4  
I noticed that animal requests to vassals usually fail. In fact, I have never been successful. So normally I will make them allies, give them some gifts and then the request for animal will succeed.

Cheers, Sir Henry
posted 05-30-03 10:26 ET (US)     4 / 4  
I think I've managed to get animals from my vassals. Vassals and allies should give you animals when you ask, but they need to be happy enough.

I usually send a needed (check your allies' and vassals' climates) animal to my friends, and they send me one in return. It never fails, and it doesn't effect their happiness. I send a request for an animal only when needed. Never more than one per zoo. (If I have no own animals, I'll have to ask someone for the first one.)

If you need help (any kind) with CBs, go here. I haven't written myself anything at all, I've just made others' work to appear on my frames. It's actually handy to have all the instructions in one. (Laziness leads to the most helpful inventions.)

Ticaios

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » Menagerie Animals Needed
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames