You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Emperor: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Answered: What constitutes a walled city?
posted 01-14-17 14:30 ET (US)   
Replies:
posted 01-15-17 09:13 ET (US)     1 / 6  
In the article in the link you gave, what evidence was given to prove the following statement is true:

A City is designated 'Fortified' when it has 100 Fortification points. City Wall tile = 1 point City Tower = 4 points with the Walls it consumes no longer counted. City Gate = 15 points with the Walls it consumes no longer counted.

Also, the article uses the term 'fortified', but what does that mean in terms of gameplay?

Thanks.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.

[This message has been edited by Gweilo (edited 01-15-2017 @ 09:26 AM).]

posted 01-15-17 11:15 ET (US)     2 / 6  
A testing to verify the data could be done by sceptics.
Place 'City Walls' until the Empire Map City Icon changed to reflect a Fortified City. The Walls need not be connected. Add a Tower and remove walls until the City Icon changes to not fortified. ect

The term 'fortified/not fortified' is used in 'EperorEdit.exe'(Campaign Creator).

A 'fortified city' reduces the random invasion decision slightly. When 'auto-resolving' combat losses of the players invasion it is also considered. It is equivalent to about 1 shield or 32 troops for auto-resolve(estimate only). Catapult and Infantry make-up of the invasion plays a role.

PS: if you have problems with the wording then just edit it at the site after you register an account.

[This message has been edited by user3 (edited 01-15-2017 @ 11:38 AM).]

posted 01-16-17 05:34 ET (US)     3 / 6  
I understand what you are saying but honestly in all the years I've played this game I can never recall a time when I saw an 'unfortified' city icon on the empire map change to become a 'fortified' icon after I built extensive connected military walls on the map. Nor the reverse; I don't recall ever seeing a 'fortified' city icon change to 'unfortified' if I later began building at that city site and did not build military walls.

If I get some free time I will test this.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
posted 01-16-17 07:17 ET (US)     4 / 6  
OK, awaiting your verdict

The fortification recalculation is done once per month around the 8th day of the month, so have patience.
posted 01-29-17 17:21 ET (US)     5 / 6  
I tested this and the icon of the city on the empire map does change from month to month based on the fortifications formula you shared.

posted 02-01-17 09:48 ET (US)     6 / 6  
Gweilo;
Thank You for you time and effort.

happy gaming
-user3
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » Answered: What constitutes a walled city?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames