Please login or register

Technical Forum
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I have Windows 7 and Caesar IV will not play
posted 12-19-14 17:33 ET (US)   
I have tried on the compatibility modes and it says it needs the correct directX. I have 11 latest I believe.
Replies:
posted 12-20-14 14:06 ET (US)     1 / 3  
Hi DADHAMMER. Welcome to Citybuilding Heaven

The version of DirectX that comes with Windows 7 is missing a few files that some older games need. You need the DirectX 9.0c runtime which you can download here. I installed this on my Windows 7 PC with no problems and Caesar IV works fine.
posted 05-03-15 18:01 ET (US)     2 / 3  
This note is directed to folks who may know the answer - will downloading the older version of direct x (9.0 ?) affect the running of other software? I have run into similar problems running Caesar IV on my Windows 7 Professional (laptop) and I wonder whether the Direct X is creating a problem for other programs. Please address this issue.
posted 05-04-15 02:07 ET (US)     3 / 3  
Don't worry, installing an older version of DirectX does not affect other programs.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Technical Forum » I have Windows 7 and Caesar IV will not play
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames