You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Caesar III Soundtrack @ CD Quality (44.1khz)
posted 04-08-10 19:48 ET (US)   
Hi all,
Back in the 90s the Caesar 3 soundtrack was released online for download in CD quality on caesar3.com :
http://web.archive.org/web/20000303064239/www.caesar3.com/downloads.shtml

Unfortunately, the site is no longer online, and the music within the game is at a lower samplerate, 22050hz. Just wondering if anyone here ever grabbed the good quality mp3s whilst they were online? You can download 1MB of each track (web archives filesize limit it seems) and the clarity compared to the gamerip is really noticeable.

Just thought it was worth asking here since I wondered if anyone here might have it lying on their harddrive somewhere!

Thanks!

UPDATE 2020-08-25: Since I cannot post a reply I am editing my original post. Thanks to a recent reddit thread from user "Vanderdecken" and a reply on that thread from another user "attrition0" I have discovered the high quality files are being included as part of a Caesar 3 rewrite called "Project Julius".
https://github.com/bvschaik/julius/wiki/MP3-Support

10 years waiting to find these files - feels good!

[This message has been edited by Jim256 (edited 12-14-2021 @ 12:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-09-10 02:51 ET (US)     1 / 3  
Hi Jim and welcome.

If anyone has a copy, it would probably be Keith Heitman. He can be found moderating the TM boards these days. If you look at the Caesar IV General Discussion forum at TM, you will see that there is a sticky thread for Caesar III questions. If no one here has them, then posting there is your best chance,
posted 04-09-10 12:32 ET (US)     2 / 3  
Done, thanks for the heads up
posted 05-28-10 03:20 ET (US)     3 / 3  
Hmm, so the high-quality audio files cannot be found anymore? Are you saying that the Wav files from the CD are of lower quality? I always thought that being uncompressed, they should be the best! I have them on my hard drive, and each track is about 10MB, 350+kbps. I don't know how to check out the frequency though.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Caesar III Soundtrack @ CD Quality (44.1khz)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames