Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

City/Open Play Maps » Emperor Maps by Gweilo

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Emperor Maps by Gweilo

Author File Description
Gweilo2 The zip file in this download contains 25 maps from 12 of my custom campaigns. The maps are of various sizes and climates, and are offered here to give players more options in Open play.

After downloading the zip file, unzip the maps into the folder: \SIERRA\EmperorRotMK\Cities. That will make them available for selection in Open play, or for viewing in the editor.

I believe seven of these maps stand out as interesting choices for Open play. A brief description of each follows:

Shaolin.map - This is the map from the 'Shaolin Monastery' campaign. Enormous size with temperate climate. Mountains, forests, and a harbor.

Chu_AXD.map - An enormous, humid climate map from 'A Xia's Diary'. A river runs north to south, with lots of bamboo forests.

Chang-an_AXD.map - The enormous, temperate map from the finale missions of 'A Xia's Diary'. A river runs east to west along the north edge of the map, while the center is dominated by a huge hill.

ForbiddenCity_FC.map - The enormous, temperate map from 'The Imperial Forbidden City' campaign used as one of the 'Golden Ages' beauty contests at the AncientMaps.com website in early 2005. The map is basically flat, but the complete moat of the Forbidden city is already laid out. All you have to do is fill in the center, and dress up the rest as you see fit.

Lolang_TWOK.map - A temperate map of enormous size from 'The Warlords of Koguryo' campaign. A river runs east to west through the map, dividing a high mountain plateau (south) from a rich mountain valley (north).

Lishan.map - The enormous, temperate map from 'The Eternal Journey of Qin Shi Huang'. The map is dominated by a mountain range that forms the shape of a dragon, with a river running along the northeast edge.

Niya_HOT.map - An enormous, desert climate map from the 'Hand of the Tubo' campaign. There are enough green areas to offer many building options, and enough hills and rocks to provide a challenge for laying out housing blocks and achieving Feng Shui.

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
cleavus123 Nice one Gweilo! great idea. YOur maps are always awesome!!
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
cleavus, in hindsight I much prefer to release maps in single downloads, not 'bundled 'like I did here. With the one-map-per-download approach, we can provide a minimap which gives a player the visual clues they need to decide whether to download or not. Plus, a bundled download is significantly bigger, even zipped.

[Edited on 10/11/17 @ 05:31 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:4,523
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:4.16 MB