Author File Description
Gweilo2
File Details
# of Episodes: 3
# of Cities: 1
Difficulty: Normal
Custom Maps: Yes
Minimap:
In the mid 9th century CE, the Tang Emperor Wuzong embarked on a systematic persecution of Buddhism throughout the Middle Kingdom. Buddhist leaders, monks, and followers were imprisoned or killed. Buddhist monasteries were pillaged and destroyed. Wuzong died in 846 CE, and his successor Emperor Xuanzong stopped this persecution. Yet the damage had been done.

One travesty of Wuzong's legacy was Yin Monastery. This once-beautiful monastery at a desert oasis was utterly destroyed. Emperor Xuanzong is eager to rebuild a city at the oasis, but a feared and powerful Shaman now dwells there. Can he be bargained with?

This campaign includes three missions and a player will interact with 6 cities (5 historically accurate). Resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor model for the steel age.

A new custom map of 'enormous' size and arid climate was created for this campaign.

An extra file is included in this download. It is a text file named 'TSOYO_Readme.txt', and contains installation instructions, background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers).

Additionally, other hints are available by viewing the album of playtest screenshots in the Emperor Heaven gallery.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'normal' and will provide a difficulty level similar to the campaigns that are available in the core game.

Missions Teasers: (Note - there are no time limits on any missions in this campaign)

M1 - A Cursed Land - begins in 847 CE.

M2 - Bridges of Trust - begins in 860 CE.

M3 - A Shaman's Enemies - begins in 873 CE.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Omithilion This was great fun! Really enjoyed playing it and figuring out the challenges the layout had to offer. I was grateful to be able to build bridges from the second map!
Fishrob
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Thanks Gweilo2 for making this great campaign really enjoyed playing the missions, something for everyone to get stuck in to brilliant
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hi Fishrob, thank you for the review. I'm glad you had fun playing this.
marconi I just wanted to say thank you Gweilo for continuing to make new campaigns. I haven't played this one (yet) but I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much as all the others. Your campaigns are one of the things that make me keep replaying E:RotMK
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hi marconi! Good to see you are still playing after so long. Thanks for your kind words.
Makuta_II
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Gweilo2, thanks for campaign. Is it possible to unpack (and pack back later) the campaign to translate it into Russian. Emperoredit.exe does this, but without .map.
Or is it possible to add campaign text to the EmperorMM.eng file?
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Makuta_II thank you very much for the review rating.

I do not know how to run the mod you are referring to, but I am willing to email you the actual .set file for this campaign. Then you could edit it yourself using the Emperor Campaign Creator without running any special mods. You could change all the English to Russian, plus make any other changes you wanted.

If you are interested, open the "TSOYO_Readme.txt" file that comes in this download. At the bottom of that file is my personal email address, which you can use to contact me.
Makuta_II Gweilo2, russian translate for localization drom FARGUS here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-8W85SW0iyJKCmcvMUEy9v3fV7zkqNP
user3 In mission 2, Sun Wu Kong doesn't go 'Exalted' when the Pagoda is completed. Known bug or campaign specific or time to move on to another pastime activity. Second playthrough and it happened again.

[Edited on 07/15/19 @ 05:46 AM]

Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
user3: I have replayed mission 2 and Sun Wu Kong failed to go to 'exalted' when I completed construction of the pagoda. Seems to be a bug.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0