Author File Description
Gweilo2
File Details
# of Episodes: 3
# of Cities: 1
Difficulty: Normal
Custom Maps: Yes
Minimap:
The Han dynasty's war with the Xiongnu empire spanned from 133 BCE until 89 CE. This conflict featured the Han's first large scale use of cavalry. The Han cavalry armies proved decisive in their victory over the Xiongnu.

This campaign immerses you in the role of the famous general Wei Qing, who was perhaps the Han's greatest cavalryman in this war.

This campaign includes three missions and a player will interact with 5 historically accurate cities. Resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor model for the iron age.

A new custom map of 'enormous' size and arid climate was created for this campaign.

An extra file is included in this download. It is a text file named 'THOWQ_Readme.txt', and contains installation instructions, background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers). Additionally, other hints are available by viewing the album of playtest screenshots in the Emperor Heaven gallery.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'normal' and will provide a difficulty level similar to the campaigns in the core game.

Missions Teasers: (Note - there are no time limits on any missions in this campaign)

M1 - A Deceptive Vassal - begins in 141 BCE.

M2 - A Clash of Cavalry - begins in 127 BCE.

M3 - The Battle of Mobei - begins in 119 BCE.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Xaranril I just registered and don't feel qualified to give this a formal review, but I just completed my first player-made campaign with this one!

Thanks very much for extending the playability of this game engine, while keeping it in the same spirit of ancient China as the standard missions.

It was a fun challenge adapting my building style to fit the more mountainous terrain after being coddled by wide open plains. One bonus though is that with so many cliffs, finding stone feng shui for inspector towers is easy!

I respect you for making this and all the other campaigns, and hope you continue!
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hello Xaranril! Thanks for leaving the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

I have always been fascinated with the history and legends of ancient China, and I have always tried to share more of it in my custom campaigns.

[Edited on 09/21/20 @ 09:44 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:735
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:400.37 KB