Author File Description
Gweilo2
File Details
# of Episodes: 3
# of Cities: 1
Difficulty: Normal
Custom Maps: Yes
Minimap:
In the heart of the Middle Kingdom stood "Tongguan", or "Tong Pass". This mountainous region was strategically located between the two great cities of Luoyang and Chang-an, and also towered over the intersection of the Yellow and Wei Rivers.

It was inevitable that Tong Pass would catch the eye of the best military minds in the ancient Middle Kingdom. The famous warlord Cao Cao was the first to see its possibilities. In 196 CE he began the construction of a fortress at Tong Pass. Eventually, a major battle of the 3 Kingdoms period was fought there, and that will be the climax event of this campaign.

In this campaign you will assume the role of a young Han military officer who is also a close friend of Cao Cao. Your friendship and allegiance to him will see your destiny unfold at Tong Pass. Your building and military skills will be tested with actual historic events from the Three Kingdoms period.

A player will interact with 8 historically-accurate cities. Resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor model for the (early) Steel Age. This campaign features a new custom map of "enormous"size.

The download zip file contains an extra file named 'TTOT_Readme.txt'. This text file contains installation instructions, historical background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers). Additionally, other hints are available by viewing the album of playtest screenshots in the Emperor Heaven gallery.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'normal', and should provide a play experience similar to the campaigns in the core game.

Missions Teasers:

Mission 1 - 'A Pass of Peace and Prosperity' - begins in 184 CE

Mission 2 - 'Fortress Tongguan' - begins in 196 CE

Mission 3 - 'The Battle of Tong Pass' - begins in 211 CE
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mazeppa My god, Gweilo.
You are amazing!!

This is one of the most beautiful maps I've seen for Emperor... it's simply astonishing!!
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Thank you Mazeppa, flattery will get you everywhere!
banjac Hi Gweilo2,
First of all, your maps and campaigns are amazingly made...
I was wondering though, is there a way to remove the time needed to complete missions, since i am not as pro as most players here. Maybe you can share the editor files with me so i can remove that part of the mission myself? That would be awesome.
toi toi
tnx
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hi banjac, thank you for the comment. Concerning your question about modifying my campaigns for your personal use, I am not opposed to the idea but unless you have a deep understanding of the Campaign Creator software it would probably be an exercise in frustration for you. This is because of the way I implemented the time limits in most of the missions in my 'Very Hard' campaigns. What I did was use scripted events to supplement the 'Survival Time' mission goals. So you would not just be simply removing a survival time mission goal, you would also have to meticulously look through the scripted events in each mission, and remove the scripted events set to fire just after the survival time goal ends. For example, I often put in special scripting to cause disasters, cities becoming hostile, massive invasions, loss of allies, etc, to enforce a time limit just after a survival time ends. This forces players to win the mission just as the survival time ends, before that scripting fires, or else it becomes impossible to win.

If you still feel like you want to try modifying one, email me privately. You can find my email address in the README file you got in any of my campaign downloads.

[Edited on 06/03/20 @ 08:58 AM]

banjac Well, thank you for the answer... I assume i would not be able to change the scripts on my own, since 'right you are!' ;) i am no programmer and have no knowledge of the Editor(though i could try doodle-ing around)... i tried the first A xia's diary mission at least 5-6 times, i love the chalenging terrain, but somehow can't seem to make it.
anyway i will send you an email...
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
banjac, read through the Campaign Creator manual that comes with the game. You should be able to find this manual in the same directory as the game manual on your computer. It gives instructions on how to use the editor, including how to use scripted events, but it is not all inclusive and was never updated for all the bugs and tricks we've learned over the years. Still, it is better than no manual at all.

I did get your email and replied to it, good luck!

[Edited on 06/03/20 @ 03:48 PM]

banjac Hi all the good people
Dear Gweilo, tnx for answering here as well... I studied the Campaign Editor manual and made some modifications on your campaign(mostly removed the time nedded to complete and slightly modified some events). When i try to create a .reg file however, can't do it without the first mission city map... I assume i need a city map for every mission... or not??
Are these files already pre-installed? Also when i try to open a city map for the player city, there is no AXD map in sight..
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
banjac, I have emailed you the map files for "A Xia's Diary" with instructions on where to put them.

[Edited on 06/07/20 @ 02:31 PM]

zhoudynasty ^ Haha.. Talking about Xia Diary, when I played Xia Diary IV, it is very stressful and heart attacking and only managed to pass with VE difficulty.

Havent try Xia Diary yet, though I hate playing your time mission campaigns. Will try, as well as this Tongguan campaign.

[Edited on 10/02/20 @ 08:40 PM]

zhoudynasty
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5

Balance: 4

Creativity: 5

Map Design: 5

Story/Instructions: 5

Additional Comments:
Enjoyed playing the Campaign of Tongguan, just in Mission 3 I feel that 300 for Impressive Compound is a tad too much. Not having alot of space for 300. Though managed to squeeze all 300 closely together.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0