Author File Description
Gweilo2
File Details
# of Episodes: 3
# of Cities: 1
Difficulty: Normal
Custom Maps: Yes
Minimap:
Emperor Wu Di of the Han dynasty is credited with achieving a great expansion of territory for the Han. Among his wars of expansion was the Han conquest of the Kingdom of Nanyue in the late 2nd century BCE.

That setting will provide the historical context for another story - a fabulous fictional tale of a great lost treasure. Emperor Wu Di has noticed your abilities and has selected you to accompany his trusted spy and lead an expedition to search for the treasure. With only the spy's cryptic riddle to guide you to the treasure's location, it will take all your skills to succeed!

This campaign includes three missions and a player will interact with 8 historically accurate cities. Resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor model for the iron age.

A new custom map of 'enormous' size and humid climate was created for this campaign. It is a representation of a dense jungle valley along the Mekong River, teeming with local fauna.

An extra file is included in this download. It is a text file named 'TLTON_Readme.txt', and contains installation instructions, background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers). Additionally, other hints are available by viewing the album of playtest screenshots in the Emperor Heaven gallery.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'normal' and will provide a difficulty level similar to the campaigns in the core game.

Missions Teasers: (Note - there are no time limits on any missions in this campaign)

M1 - Riddle of the Lost Treasure - begins in 137 BCE.

M2 - The Lost Treasure of Nanyue - begins in 124 BCE.

M3 - The Conquest of Nanyue - begins in 112 BCE.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Fishrob Thanks Gweilo!
zhoudynasty
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5

Balance: 5

Creativity: 5

Map Design: 5

Story/Instructions: 5

Additional Comments:
Not as challenging as your other Campaigns, but truly enjoyed playing all the missions with ease, especially in Mission 2 whereby I was invaded by Kingdom of Nanyue and sabotaging their army is so essential as a stepping stone to building up my 12 forts army. Mission 3 is an add-on to build more and conquer other cities. :)
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
My main goal for this campaign was to provide a different play experience, such as:

1. Map exploration to uncover (somewhat) hidden resources, based on deciphering the riddle in the storyline.
2. The challenge of managing and protecting a huge bounty of treasure (when many other cities wants it). As you saw, I achieved this by scripted events.
3. Having the option to fight (or bribe) invasions that are much larger than what are scripted in the core game.

I did my best to provide all that while still targeting the 'normal' difficulty level. Based on your review ratings, I am happy with the result. Thank you very much for the review!

[Edited on 10/29/20 @ 09:12 AM]

zhoudynasty Yeah, agree that difficulty level is 'normal'. There was no stress in playing as there is no time limit, and that's my 2nd time playing before leaving the review. Storyline was excellent imo. Had to read your readme file for hints before I could decide on where is the hidden resource in Mission 1.

[Edited on 10/29/20 @ 09:25 AM]

tealime Hello!
I just rediscovered this game from my childhood and am so happy that there are still other people playing it and making new campaigns for it. These three missions were really great fun. I especially love the giant map! Thanks so much for making this available, I'm definitely going to check out the others as well! =)
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hi tealime, welcome back to this great game! I'm glad you are enjoying this campaign!
sampad
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
The campaign is suited for advanced players and expects decent planning to win. Since it relies on an incremental growth goal for every mission, changing city plan later could be messy. If someone wants to really exploit the fun to the maximum, they should clear as much less trees as possible.

Balance: 5
The campaign is well balanced and makes optimal usage of time. I liked the balance between civil and military assignments required to be undertaken and keeping a close eye on diplomacy.

Creativity: 5
Quite creative and different, this is one of Gweilo's finest work! The uniqueness in the campaign, storyline and map enmeshes together really well.

Map Design: 5
The map is wonderfully designed and is both a map and a puzzle! Predator spawn points are good and expects planning accordingly. The map is glitch free, as per my knowledge.

Story/Instructions: 5
The storyline is strong and rises well in the last mission. Not to spill out any spoilers, its better for the gamer to unravel!

Additional Comments:
Thanks Gweilo for yet another great campaign which by far, is most unique in every sense played!
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
Hello Sampad, thank you for the review!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating