You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Big Huge Fandom

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~~Rise of Legends Expansion~~
posted 05-26-06 08:17 PM EDT (US)   
This is my version of a Rise of Legends expansion. It will feature new units and new factions.

Each existing faction will get new units. Here are they are.

New Units

Vinci

Mortar- A few Vinci soldiers (Not clockwork) carrying a large mortar. This unit is strong against buildings.

Vinci Dragoon- A mounted soldier with two pistols. This unit is a strong cavalry unit.

Alin

Sand Tusk- A large elephant looking beast that has tatooed and pierced tusks and has it's tail hair braded. On its back is a colorful Alin rug where an Alin soldier sits. The Sand Tusk can devastate infantry in large amounts.

Glass Cobra- A large cobra snake made from glass, can burrow underground and pop up. Also can spit a white toxin at enemies.

Cuotl

Need Suggestions

Now of course there will be new factions too...these are my ideas for factions.

New Factions

Xuyang

The Xuyang are a race from the far eastern parts of Aio. They have two main ways of magic, one light and one dark, the Yin and Yang. Each unit they have is either Yin or Yang in element. They also have large and strong creations made from a strong folded material. These units are called Origami units, which also have a Yin or Yang element. Here is the Xuyang.

The Xuyang also have an odd kind of bonus and a kind of curse. For Yang unit you made, you must make a Yin unit, and vice versa. If one dies, then the other one dies too. This will provide an interesting way of play for the Xuyang. (Idea by Shala)

Buildings-

Pagoda: The Pagoda is a large Orient-esque temple with statues of ancient gods around its base.
Units Produced: Dawn Monk, Twilight Archer, Assasin

Bamboo Shrine: This large stone shrine is overgrown with vines and bamboo. Inside the strong material that is used to fold and create Origami soldiers is harvested and through the elements, the Origami units are created.
Units Produced: Origami Knight, Origami Fighter

Elemental Temple: This giant temple has swirling essence surrounding it, of Yin and Yang.
Units Produced: Jiangshi, Lhung

Units-

(Special Note: All Xuyang units are of an element, Yin or Yang. Each Yin unit can fire an orb of darkness somehow, while each Yang unit can fire a ray of light somehow.)

Dawn Monk (Yang): A monk dressed in orange garments that wields a bamboo kitana sword for fighting.

Twilight Archer (Yin): A soldier dressed in black garments with white trimmings, wielding a shortbow and wears a rice-hat like those of the Chinese in our world.

Assasin (Yin): This unit looks like a Ninja of the Japanese in our world. His weapon is the shako, or sharp hand claws. This unit is very fast.

Origami Knight (Yang): This unit is tall and looks like a large soldier that is made of the paper material and is folded. It wields a kitana and shield.

Origami Fighter (Yang): Another unit made of the folded paper material, this one wields a long bamboo fighting stick.

Jiangshi (Yin): A dark vampiric being that can drain the energy out of enemy units.

Lhung (Yin and Yang): The Lhung looks like the Chinese and Japanese dragons of legend. It has four pairs of legs and can fly without wings. This unit is very strong and holds the power of both Yin and Yang.

Special City Districts-

Elemental District: Dawn Monks and Twilight Archers are free.

Kahan

The Kahan are a nomadic race of fighters that have mobile cities. Each building begins as a bound up bundle of materials on a large yak like animal that is unpacked eventually into a building. These people hail from the Kahan Wastes, in frozen mountains in the dividing border of Aio.

Buildings-

Pavilion: A circular hut with a Mongol style look. This building trains military units and Caravans.
Units Produced: Caravan, Hunter, Khan

Spirit Yurt: A small yurt with statues around it and spirits hovering all around it. The Kahan are a very barbaric yet spiritual people.
Units Produced: Spirit Chief, Spirit Eagle, Wind Wolf

Horde House: Another small yurt building with some stables next to it that hold beasts used for war.
Units Produced: Horde Archer, Horde Raider, War Animal

Units-

Caravan: Instead of beginning with a city in the beginning of the game, you begin with a few Caravans. A caravan is a few Kahan people standing around and one on top of a large Yak like beast, with the material on its back for unpacking the building. Once unpacked, the yak animal is just tied next to the building, until the time comes when the building is packed back on and moved again.

Hunter: The hunter is the basic military unit for the Kahan. It looks like a standard Mongol soldier, and wields a bow. This unit can also switch to a skinny but brutal scimitar in close combat.

Khan: A very strong Kahan warrior, with a thick sword for combat. Khans are very strong, and can unleash a falcon to scout around the map for a while.

Spirit Chief: A spiritual leader of the Kahan, this magical unit can unleash devastating spirit powers to weaken and destroy the enemy. The Spirit Chief can also heal units.

Spirit Eagle: An eagle made from spirit essence that can swoop down and attack enemies from high above.

Wind Wolf: A wolf made of the wind, that can walk unland and leap so far it's like it's flying. It is carried by the wind and can pounce on enemies to rip them apart.

Horde Archer: A strong archer mounted on a horse type creature. It fires flaming arrows.

Horde Raider: Another warrior on a horse type creature, with two maces that can devastate machine units from other civilizations.

War Animal: One of the ox/yak like beasts used by the Caravans, but trained for war. A ballista is mounted on its back, with a Kahan soldier that can fire it. The beast itself can also ravage the enemies.

Special City Districts-

Spirit District: Every time you build a Spirit Yurt, you get two free Spirit Eagles. Spirit Chiefs can also heal units in groups.

==Currently Thinking Of An: African-based Faction==

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 06-16-2006 @ 07:52 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-26-06 08:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Get postin!
posted 05-26-06 08:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Sounds nice

I like the Xuyang descriptions.

I don't know how well a gnome would fit into RoL though

posted 05-26-06 09:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
No, I guess they really don't fit, but still, gotta give em something.

I really need some help with names for Cuotl and Alin sea unit creating buildings and their sea units.

I'm very impressed with myself that I could create two new factions for a game like Rise of Legends, lol. My Xuyang is awesome, but I like my newly added Kahan the best.

EDIT: Added a new unit for Xuyang in the Warrior Temples, the Tiger Chariot. Description for Tiger Chariot is under the description for Assasin.

EDIT: Added Kahan and changed Xuyang so they do not use Spirit units. Those are for the Kahan.

EDIT: Added new normal units to the existing civs, including the Vinci Dragoon and Glass Cobra.

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 05-28-2006 @ 11:56 PM).]

posted 05-29-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
For one of the Alin sea units, you could have a group of Alin fire mystics on a large firey, floating disc. One mystic is sitting down "piloting" it, while the rest stand around the edges flinging bolts of fire at other units.

For the Cuotl, perhaps a hundred-man canoe would work? You would have one hundred or so men rowing the boat, and to attack, you would have the Setntinals on the side facing the enemy unit drop the oars and fire with... whatever they use. For a special attack they could speed up and ram the canoe into the enemy ship.

"You load sixteen tons and what do you get?
You get one day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store"-Ernie Ford
posted 05-29-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
I might just add your ideas.

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 05-29-2006 @ 05:54 PM).]

posted 05-31-06 05:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
I don't know. I dislike the thought of having water in RoL. It just doesn't fit.

For the expansion, I see one, possibly two new civs. But I doubt there will be three.

One awesome suggestion from RoLHeaven is an Oriental civ with huge Origami monsters. Imagine shredding units with Samurai and paper dragons.

★★★★★
posted 05-31-06 08:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
I'm beginning to agree with you. I think there shall be no water units. Also I'm editing the Xuyang and changing it completely.
posted 06-02-06 12:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
water units? big nono

water? could be fun!

like right now you have deep gorges in the land that looked like they were once part of a river or stream or something, just having water as scenery would be great, i can already imagine a proper alin oaisis or a polluted vinci cesspit from industrial waste, and have a small amount of water levels that units can walk over, a spell like industrial devestation could create this in increasing levels, heck it could even slow down units travelling through it, wading through water logged landscapes and such

personally i think it would be great to see water in a RoL expansion, perhaps not water units but water sounds great

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
posted 06-04-06 03:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
When I think water, I think lag

★★★★★
posted 06-11-06 02:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
EDIT: I took out water units, got rid of the Vrostk (they didn't seem right) and changed the Xuyang completely so they are a Yin Yang/Origami type race.
posted 06-15-06 03:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
I would like if Sweden was included in RON2.
posted 06-16-06 12:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
Nice work! Let's make the Xuyang a bit more different though. How about for every Yin unit made, a Yang unit must be made and if either dies, they both die? It'll definitely make it interesting, especially if the two units are on opposite sides of the map .

★★★★★
posted 06-16-06 07:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
Very good Shala, very good. I added it. And I would like to ask you something. Would you like to be co-mananger for this thread? You can provide ideas and things and post your civilizations and we can add them. But I already call an African/Carribean voodoo type race, slash kind of Dinosaur riders.
posted 06-17-06 04:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
To be honest, I won't be able to dedicate myself to it. For now, however I would like to take the Xuyang and recreate them using the ideas you put in, if that's okay with you.

★★★★★
posted 06-17-06 06:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
I'm gonna have to think about that...I mean, where do you plan on posting the Xuyang once you edit them, and will I get credit?

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 06-17-2006 @ 06:14 PM).]

posted 06-17-06 07:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Here, and at RoL Heaven.

I actually just finished. It was easier than I thought

The Xuyang
By Shala and Lord Iarune

The Xuyang are a race from the far eastern parts of Aio. They are a magical race, based on balance and tradition. They class their magic into Yin and Yang, positive and negative elements. Every Xuyang unit is capable of using one or the other, and is linked through balance to another unit. For every Yin unit created, a linked Yang unit is created. They share HP and afflicted conditions. They can be seperated as far as needed, but any damage done to one will be done to the other. The Xuyang are also home to fierce creatures made from a strong folding material known as Kami.

Heroes-

Jin the Assassin.
-Shurikens - Damages enemy units in a target area.
-Toxicity - Afflicts enemy units in a target area with Toxicity that slowly decreases HP for an amount of time.
-Silent Strike - Deals heavy damage to a single target unit.
-Assassinate - Kills a target unit. Damages Master Units and Heroes by 60% of their total HP.

Zhai Kilin the Keeper of Balance
-Fire and Water - Damages enemy units in a target area.
-Mind and Muscle - Boosts HP and Attack of friendly units in a radius around Zhai Kilin.
-Sun and Moon - Creates an area of darkness where only allies can see what is happening.
-Life and Death - Heavily damages all units and summons a number of "Revived" warriors in a target area.

Yi Suy the Kami Master
-Fold - Decreases the Max HP of all enemy units in a target area.
-Kami Crane - Yi Suy creates a large, fast and powerful Kami bird that lasts until killed.
-Pack of Kami Wolves - Yi Suy creates a pack of Kami wolves to attack the enemy that last until the time runs out or until killed.
-Transform - Yi Suy transforms into a gigantic Kami creature in the shape of a man.

Buildings-

Mine: A basic mine.
Units Produced: Miner

Pagoda: A large tiered tower that fires at enemy units.
Units Produced: Yin Samurai/Yang Samurai, Dawn Monk/Dusk Monk

Kami Shrine: This large stone shrine is overgrown with vines and bamboo. Inside, Kami is harvested and through the elements, the Kami creatures are created.
Units Produced: Kami Qylin/Kami Kirin, Kami Eagle/Kami Vulture

Temple of Balance: This giant temple has swirling essence of Yin and Yang circling it.
Units Produced: Jiangshi/Inugami, Lhung

Forbidden Palace: A huge structure used for defensive measures and powerful upgrades. Limited.

Units-

Miner (Yin and Yang)- Built in groups of two, one with a black cloak, another with a white cloak.

Kami Aeroplane (Yin and Yang)- The Xuyang start with a free Kami Aeroplane. It can switch between Scout(Yin) and Caravan(Yang) modes.

Yin Samurai (Yin): The basic ranged Xuyang infantry unit. Geared in black robes. Wields dark shuriken. Created in groups of four, with four Yang Samurai.
Yang Samurai (Yang): The basic melee Xuyang infantry unit. Geared in white robes. Wields a silver katana. Created in groups of four, with four Yin Samurai.

Dusk Monk (Yin): A Xuyang supply unit geared in red robes that blocks attrition damage. Created with a Dawn Monk.
Dawn Monk (Yang): A Xuyang healing unit geared in blue robes that heals all non-Origim units. Created with a Dusk Monk.

Kami Qylin (Yin): A slow and heavy Kami melee unit good at trampling and taking down buildings. Created with a Kami Kirin.
Kami Kirin (Yang): A fast and light Kami melee unit good at attacking larger units. Created with a Kami Qylin.

Kami Vulture (Yin): A Kami flying anti-air unit. Attacks with black shards of Kami. Created with a Kami Eagle.
Kami Eagle (Yang): A Kami flying air unit. Attacks with white shards of Kami. Created with a Kami Vulture.

Jiangshi (Yin): A vampiric unit that resembles a corpse. It has a ranged attack and has a "Life Drain" ability. Created with an Inugami.
Inugami (Yang): A large dog-like creature that has a powerful melee attack. It also has a "Possess Unit" ability. Created with a Jiangshi.

Kami Lhung (Yin and Yang): The Kami Lhung looks like the Chinese and Japanese dragons of legend. It has four pairs of legs and can fly without wings. This unit is the Xuyang's Master Unit and holds the power of both Yin and Yang.

City Districts-

Military District: Increases max population. Free Samurai.
Elemental District: Increases HP of all buildings. Increases effects of Nation Power.
Economic District: Increases timonium and wealth income and caps.
Forbidden Palace District: Allows to build more Forbidden Palaces. Used to upgrade the city and its districts.

Nation Power: Gardens of Harmony-
Creates a lush area at a target location for a set duration of time. In this area, attacking cannot take place and all allied units can heal. The size of the garden, the healing rate of the garden, and the duration of the power are improved with Elemental Districts.

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala (edited 06-17-2006 @ 07:57 PM).]

Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Big Huge Fandom » ~~Rise of Legends Expansion~~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames