Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Expanding Fronts Troubleshooting
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 07-01-14 04:01 PM EDT (US)   

UPDATED 05 MAY 2020

Due to numerous new threads littering GBH concerning Expanding Fronts issues, I'm making this thread dedicated to troubleshooting the various problems users have been experiencing with the Beta. Any issues you come across should be posted here.

NOTE: This thread is for problems pertaining to the mod's performance. Suggestions concerning balance, new units/features, or any other questions/comments should be posted in the main EF thread

Frequently Asked Questions:

The installer does not work or gives me an error.
Download the manual installation archive instead. Installation is a very simple process, and instructions are included with the download.

Attempting to launch the game gives the following error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."
Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
(If the link doesn't work, try copy-pasting into your browser)

Attempting to launch the game gives the following error: "The program can't start because VCRYNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer."
Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x86 version) available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
(If the link doesn't work, try copy-pasting into your browser)

I do not see some of the new features of the mod (Larger maps, etc).
Some additional features of the mod must be enabled via the Configuration tool.

How can I lock my cursor in window mode?
Set "UseCursorClip=1" in wndmode.ini within the Game directory.

How do I change my resolution?
The Configurator tool will allow you to select your preferred resolution. Ensure that the in-game resolution option is set to its highest available setting for resolutions greater than 1280x1024.

My game only displays in the corner of the screen, and the rest of the screen appears pink.
Ensure that the in-game resolution option is set to its highest available setting.

My game is randomly crashing.
Disable DSound Hook in the Configurator if you are experiencing crashes.

How do I access the configuration tool?
The option to open the configuration tool should appear each time you run battlegrounds_x2.exe. If it does not, either hold SHIFT while launching the game or open configurator.exe, located in SWGB's Game folder.

I do not see any changes when I run the game.
Ensure that all files are installed to their proper location and that you are running the 'Battlegrounds_X2.exe' file to launch the mod.

My colors are glitched; there are red/green pixels all over the screen.
To fix this issue, download the DirectDraw fix from aok.heavengames.com, and apply it to your Battlegrounds_x2.exe file.

The user interface is missing and appears only magenta (purple/pink colored).
Install Expanding Fronts on a clean installation of the game. Installing Expanding Fronts with the "All in One patch," or other widescreen-enabling mods may cause this error.

Online matches frequently go out of sync.
Ensure that all players are using the same version of the mod and that all files are properly installed.

I want to play through GameRanger, but I cannot select Battlegrounds_x2 as my game.
To play through GameRanger, move or rename your normal Battlegrounds_x1.exe file. Once moved, rename your Battlegrounds_x2.exe to x1. GameRanger should now detect this as your game. Be sure to return the files to their proper names/places when finished playing.

The screen is too big with widescreen patch enabled, the lower part of the screen is cut off.
If you have your Windows DPI scaling set to above 100%, this will occur. Disable high DPI scaling within the battlegrounds_x2.exe properties window. (Compatibility -> "Disable scaling on high DPI screens". In Windows 10: Compatibility -> Change High DPI Settings -> "Override high DPI scaling behavior" performed by "Application").

I am experiencing problems with pathfinding, or object placement issues on large maps.
Large map support is still experimental, and using sizes larger than 255x255 may have unpredictable results

I can’t find buttons in the interface such as formations, stances, or flares.
Click the + button next to the mini-map to enable advanced UI commands.

I'm experiencing other issues (such as missing graphics).
The mod may not be installed correctly. Try installing the base game and Expanding Fronts to a location outside of Program Files, in a directory where a standard, non-elevated Windows user is allowed to write to.

This list will be updated as more issues arise.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 05-12-2020 @ 07:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-07-14 05:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 79  
About game crashing i wanted notice, that if you play on higher resolution, is freequently crashes even if you play as Galactic Empire. But when you play on lowest resolution, game works fine.
posted 12-21-14 09:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 79  
Post deleted by user.

[This message has been edited by HMS3 (edited 02-08-2015 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 03-24-16 08:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 79  
Hey General, I was try trying out your new mod, Expanding Fronts. I attempted to install it, but when I attempt to play it, it shows the same game as clone campaigns and it sort of acts as if it was never installed. I keep pressing the Battlegrounds_x2 and it never runs what you made, but it keeps playing the Clone Campaigns game. I don't know what to do to fix it. I tried installing it several times and every time the command prompt is finished playing, I push play but it doesn't work.

I need some help, any ideas how to fix this problem, General Dallows?

also, I am afraid I may have to reinstall Clone Campaigns to get rid of the expansion pack you made. How inconvenient.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 03-24-2016 @ 08:45 AM).]

posted 03-24-16 09:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 79  
Install this.
posted 05-07-16 09:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 79  
Getting a weird issue in single player deathmatch where I start the match and I get an error talking about research.per and line 305 - see the main post about details. I also notice the AI don't build anything at all.

Any ideas?
posted 05-08-16 01:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 79  
I've had that same problem before too. The AI wasn't able to do anything and betrays its own functionality.
posted 05-08-16 01:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 79  
How'd you fix it?
posted 05-09-16 06:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 79  
How'd you fix it?
I didn't. I don't know Expanding Fronts' programming and that's Dallow's job technically.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 05-09-2016 @ 06:43 AM).]

posted 09-24-16 09:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 79  
How do I add this to Steam's Galactic Battlegrounds?
posted 09-25-16 02:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 79  
The process should be the same as any other copy, just merge the new Game folder with the old.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
posted 09-25-16 04:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 79  
Thanks, I discovered the issue. It wasn't the mod that was the problem, it was the steam version of SWGB (my virus-detecting software labeled it as 'dangerous' so I had to disable it to reinstall SWGB)

EDIT: Running the game and noticed this in the tech-tree for Zann Consortium. Thought you'd like to know

[This message has been edited by Alino (edited 09-25-2016 @ 06:23 PM).]

posted 10-08-16 06:26 AM EDT (US)     12 / 79  
The walking animation for a Zann Consortium fisherman is that of a Galactic Empire worker.
posted 12-19-16 06:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 79  
Double check the death animation of Palpatine, its really messed up. I got the new graphics to work in the last update so there really shouldn't be a problem with fixing it.

Please answer my questions, things are really hard to find around here. Most of the stuff I want to do has really never been done before, even though it is totally possible.
posted 12-21-16 08:00 AM EDT (US)     14 / 79  
He seems to be using a decay animation in his death animation. I've informed our genie guy to fix it, thanks.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 12-31-16 12:41 PM EDT (US)     15 / 79  
I need a little assistance... Every time I try to install the new update to expanding fronts, it just keeps saying, "An old version of Expanding Fronts was found in this folder. You must install the latest version of Expanding Fronts before installing this update." The problem is; I already have it, so I can't do much anything else. Can somebody please render assistance?
posted 01-01-17 04:28 PM EDT (US)     16 / 79  
I don't have enough information to know why you're getting that problem, Keno, so why don't you just try manually installing.

Find your STAR WARS - Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game folder and copy all the files from the GAME folder in the zip file here into that folder. Then, download the patch and run the "patch1.exe" file.

If that is still not working for you, then copy files from our monthly build folder into the correct folders.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 01-01-17 05:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 79  
I did try manually installing the patch... But I'll try it your way. Besides, it might be something I missed anyway.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 01-01-2017 @ 05:17 PM).]

posted 01-03-17 04:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 79  
UPDATE: I just tried installing it one more time and everything I could but it still won't do it. It's still coming with the same error and I somehow can't get it to install. I am still in the dark here Tevious.

EDIT - Wait a minute, before I forget, I still have version 1.0.1

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 01-03-2017 @ 04:35 PM).]

posted 01-04-17 04:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 79  
I am still in the dark here Tevious.
As am I. "I installed it, but it still doesn't work." isn't particularly helpful to figuring out your issue. All I can say is that you either did not install it correctly, or you have a unique issue.

I suggest you go the Google Drive route and download every file in the link that I gave you and put them in your SWGB's Game folder. Then download the contents of the Data folder and put them in your SWGB's Game\Data folder.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 01-04-2017 @ 04:17 PM).]

posted 02-08-17 07:24 AM EDT (US)     20 / 79  
I'm in a bit of an awkward situation.

Previously I was able to run the mod without any problems but since last month after I put my system through a Windows Repair due to a bit of malware getting onto my system and screwing up my windows store, the exe for this just crashes as soon as it launches with an Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available) being printed out into its dmp files.

I've reinstalled it multiple times, reinstalled various other things I could think of that might be clashing with it, cleared the registry of anything I could find that might be causing this but it still happens and I'm completely lost. The original game launches fine but if I try launching battlegrounds_x2.exe it just crashes right away, doesn't even open a window, it just instantly suspends its self in task manager.

I can upload the dmp files if needed but I'm completely lost here.
posted 02-08-17 08:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 79  
The dmp file would be helpful, yes.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
posted 02-09-17 05:13 AM EDT (US)     22 / 79  
Well this is awkward, since the last post I found I still had a rootkit active and it would not go away so I went nuclear on my system, between backing up files I forgot to grab one of the dmps.

Upside is the game works now on the clean install, I'm sorry for kinda wasting your time, the problem must have been the rootkit messing with internal files.
posted 03-18-17 10:46 PM EDT (US)     23 / 79  
I followed the instructions for the efpatch.dll problem, but when i double click on battlegrounds_x2 it still comes up with the same message, that it cannot be loaded and to check the installation integrity. Any tips/solutions?
posted 03-23-17 11:03 AM EDT (US)     24 / 79  
Just investigating some of the new units and the Rebel B-Wing (not the Attacker or Hvy variants, just the one called B-Wing) clones itself whenever it attacks- and those clones do too. Creates chaos pretty quickly.

[This message has been edited by macrocephale (edited 03-28-2017 @ 01:26 PM).]

posted 07-07-17 08:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 79  
Whenever I select the Disable Units button in the options tab of the Scenario editor (The one that lets you get to pick if someone cant create a certain unit in-game), the game immediately crashes.
I have tried this on multiple scenarios, both brand new and used, and it always crashes. Selecting the Disable Buildings and Disable Techs always work fine.

Disable Units works fine when Im using x1, but when I load a scenario made in x1 on x2 and try to do it, it crashes.

I also tried to reinstall it (just Expanding Fronts, not the whole game), and it didn't fix it. I have no idea why it does this and I need to Disable units on a certain scenario. Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by abcdefghijk (edited 07-07-2017 @ 09:11 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Expanding Fronts Troubleshooting
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames