Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 8
Life of a Businessman

A campaign by Captain Panaka

Follow the career of Plure Barron, from his first enterprise on Bespin
to his fortress on Aereen.

8 scenarios

Required mod : Droid Control Ship by Toopu
You'll find it in the modpacks section of SWGB Heaven at the date 09/06/02.

AI files (included in the zip file) :
- IMMOBILE.ai and IMMOBILE.per by Stan the Conquistador
- STARFIGHTER.ai and STARFIGHTER.per by The Vampire Slayer
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Halcyon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Whilst your reading this start downloading. This is one of the best campaigns I have ever played.

Playability:5

It was such an incredibe variaty of different missions and objectives that it made the campaign very fun to play. Even if a bit was frustrating you had to keep playing to see what happened next. My only minor niggle was that the business side dissapeared very soon after the first 2-3 missions.

Balance:4

This was the only negative thing, some of the missions were so finely balanced that it was touch and go as to wheter or not you could do it. Save points are needed , because there were times when a key character got pasted by something you had'nt seen or had just turned enemy, for example on Coruscant I'd stormed the Naboo Embassy got some info and was headed to rendevous with Barron and the pummel near (but not that close) to the Senate Enclave I glanced away and Barron was blasted to cinders by a previously friendly senate guard. There were a few of these situations in the campaign but not too many that it was ridiculous.

Creativity:5

Excellent triggering with the Transports and Tram (which were remarkably bug free) and the general ideas behind each mission were well layed out, planned and thought out. I also enjoyed the stunning last mission which was very challenging but exceptionaly fun. It took me to the last room to finish the last few troops.

Map Design:5

These were no random maps, this was hand crafted stuff on a par with the stuff created by the legendary designers of SCN Punk and TVS (though TVS is not a design group) Few things could enhance these maps.

Story/Instructions:5

The story was excellent, in fact I'd go as far to say that the story could make for a very good Expanded Universe novel, because it was enthrawling and believable.

Instructions could have been a bit more directing, as occasionly it was hard to figure out what to do. A few hints might have been useful.

We have a new master editor here, bow down people.
Pink Panther
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3

Unlike Keonig, I didn't enjoy this one bit. In fact, I couldn't bring myself to carry on playing past that Air Cruiser level. The action was scarce, and although it could have been good, I didn't find it to be.

Balance: 4

Even though I didn't enjoy playing it, there's no denying the fact that it was well thaught out. It ranged form FF to B&D, which was good.

Creativity: 3

Nothing new seen here, so I can't really give more than a three.

Map Design: 3

This is were I vastly disagree with Keonig. I thaught the maps were bordering on two. I found them to be either too sparse or too clumped, the eye candy was non existent and there is no way this is on par with the greats. Sorry.

Story: 5

Highly original, the story was well thaught out, and in fact the only reaosn this wasn't a 5 is because, as Keonig said, after the first few sceenarios it lost the whole 'Businessman' feel to it.

However the story was different, and you obviously put some thaught into it.

Overall: 3

Sorry, but I didn't enjoy playing this. After reading Keonigs review is was dissapointed with what I had downloaded. I feel it had the potential to be good, but just didn't quite meet it.

Add to that the maps didn't give a sense of place, like said, I was dissapointed. Sorry, but thats my honest opinion.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.5