In Search Of Technology

Author File Description
Edi_P
File Details
Clone Campaigns required?: Yes
Style: Role Playing Strategy
----INCOMING TRANSMISSION----

Priority: High

We need you to recover information about an imperial project. All we know so far is, that they plan to construct a new massive battlestation even worse than the first one was.
A person with your skills and equipment should be able to get in and out the imperial research lab, avoid security, hack their database and upload the retrieved files to a server owned by the rebel alliance. In case you get caught, the rebel alliance will deny any contacts to you. Take care, and good luck.

----TRANSMISSION END----

~Created by E.D.I. in Oct. 2010~

The .zip includes the scenario (packed as .cp1) and a walkthrough.

Thanks to the makers of the Editor Enhancement Mod, and the All-Units Mod. This scen does not need any mods or other files, I just used them to create my map.

DISCLAIMER:

THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS (tm) & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT
COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS

[SCEN INFO] This scenario is somewhat aligned to SoTE. However, the story does not fit exactly. Please note, this is not because I don't know it, but rather experiment around it. This is the first map I've ever uploaded and I'd appreciate any ratings/comments/reviews.

Have fun!
[/SCEN INFO]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
REALWHIR Can you please unblock me dude?
Edi_P
File Author
This comment section is to comment on the scenario. I already unblocked you on GR, however if you continue to be racist, I will reengage the blocking.
Tauntaun
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
I had fun playing this. Trying to avoid all enemies(and almost dying if you failed to avoid any), using stealth suits and passing security systems was never so fun. However, some puzzles were too difficult.

Balance: 4,5
If you ever try to fight an enemy(other than some trooper recruits and other guys)you got killed, but you weren't intended to do that. Instead, you sneak past them, with a stealth suit or not. And the security systems were easy to pass too-though the one with the rancor was a problem.

Creativity: 4
Stealth scenarios are rare. And the security system made it even more creative.

Map Design: 4
Very good-I specially liked the place where you start and the mine. However, some things felt strange, like the cliff in the middle of the base.

Story/Instructions: 5
Everything you have to do, plus the history and tips, was there, and I didn't noticed any spelling or grammar errors. And plus, if you can't progress through a part of the scenario, there's a walkthrough.

Additional Comments:This is one of the best scenarios recently.

[Edited on 03/21/11 @ 06:40 PM]

AGENCY_SEACKER Congrats Edi, that review is well deserved, and I really don't think you need me to review it. Anyways my computer fried up so i havn't been able to check your new scenario, but if you e-mail it to me again ill help you out.
Edi_P
File Author
Thanks for your review, Tauntaun. Glad to see you liked it.

Don't ask me, why I put a cliff to one of the elevators, instead of using a wall... I think I found the cliff you meant... Basically, it's supposed to be part of the elevator shaft. But you're right... cliffs are probably not the ideal solution ^_^

And SEACKER, since you were one of the first players to try the map, I already got some feedback from you, even if you didn't type it here. When I meet you online again, I can pass you the file of the Dxun-Project.

[Edited on 04/11/11 @ 11:08 AM]

Kad_Rolan789 I WOULD have posted a review, but I havent played the game in some time, and cant find my CD, but, I can say, that the only part taht bothered me, is the fact that it was too short. I especially enjoyed the puzzles and the sneaking. Very nice and coordinated trigger work. It beat the crud out of my scenerio that was supposed to compete with yours :P.
A Jango Fett scen is probably overused anyway ^_^
Again, nice job :D
Darth Kiro (Retracted by the author due to embarrasment)

[Edited on 04/30/17 @ 09:34 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0