Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Campaigns
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Age of Empires: Single Player Campaigns » Little Big Nordic Adventure

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Little Big Nordic Adventure

Author File Description
Andrea Rosa
File Details
Number of Scenarios: 5
Difficulty: Mod-Hard
The 8th of June 793 was a beautiful spring day on the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, situated on the north east coast of England. The island had a monastery which was founded in the 6th century and was famous for producing some of the finest literature of its time. The monks, who didn't suspect anything unusual, went down to the shore to greet the strangers who had arrived... And this is what an author wrote some years later: "That year the heathens arrived from the north with a fleet. They spread in all directions like horrible wolves, wrecking, robbing, shattering and killing. They went to the Holy Church of Lindisfarne, killed everything alive, dug up the altars and took all the treasures". The Vikings had arrived.

The attack came as a shock to the rulers of England, and rumours about the fearless Norsemen began to spread across Europe. Striking at easily accessible and poorly defended targets, the Vikings earned a formidable reputation of raiders and pirates, and the chroniclers paid little attention to other aspects of medieval Scandinavia. It was only over time, as historians and archaeologists began to challenge the one-sided descriptions of the chroniclers, that a more detailed portrayal of the Norse culture became apparent.

In this campaign you have the chance to show your braveness and gain the respect of the Norse community. Playing as the Norwegian Vikings, you will leave an indelible mark upon the European Dark Age. You will plunder cities. You will build ships of ever increasing power. You will settle in extreme environments, challenging the elements at every heartbeat. Wrap up well, a Little Big Nordic Adventure awaits you.

Little Big Nordic Adventure features 5 scenarios. Carefully read "Readme.txt" for detailed informations about game settings, known bugs, etc.

Andrea Rosa
Cittiglio, Italy
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Dark Archer *Downloads update*

:D The new Andrea Rosa campaign is finally out and already after hardly trying to play the first scenario I'm already amazed the the map design. This shows why I do not call myself a master designer because I'm no where near the level of Andrea. Another master piece that I can't wait to play. :D

The Dark Archer - Tribulation Designs Leader www.tribulationdesigns.com
IICDO
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Bravo Andrea! Another brilliant campaign from one of the best. I had an excellent time playing this from start to finish. Each scenario has something new and challenging to offer our players. I had my troubles playing the fourth scenario, but after resorting to the hints I found my way. I chose not to use the spoilers as I like a good challenge. I found only one minor flaw but the third time around I never encountered it. That would be the wall blocking the entrance to the river leading to Paris. I knocked it down after completing my goals and found I was defeated. I then knocked down enough to pass leaving two of the walls standing and was fine. Other than that as I said another excellent campaign.

Balance: 5
I found all scenarios perfectly balanced as they provided me with hours of enjoyment. Frustration set in a few times but was resolved with going back and “rethinking my situation”. I tend to go slow and steady throughout a scenario so I can unfold the maps(more on these later) thus I could return to my previous saved point and see what was ahead of me.

Creativity: 5
Excellent creativity with regards to map design, little tricks, objectives, and an awesome story. You are drawn into the story and compelled to follow through to find what is going to happen. Careful planning went into this campaign as you could play all scenarios differently and come to the same ending. That is with regards to scenario three as you must follow the instructions to be victorious.

Map Design: 5
This is where I find the most enjoyment of any campaign or scenario. You could have a great scenario but if the map is plain and boring then your scenario suffers. Not so here, each map was beautifully worked out and simply flowed together to complete each scenario. I like a map that makes me feel like I could have been to that place sometime in history, or have seen that spot in a photograph. Brilliant work ! The scenario bitmaps were also well done.

Story/Instructions: 5
The story was captivating and I could not wait to finish each scenario to read on. Great research was done to make this campaign was it is and I was completely taken in by it. The instructions were great and left you with no doubt as to what you must accomplish to be victorious. Great hints for those that find themselves stalled at any point in the game.

Additional Comments:
This ranks right up there with all of Andrea’s work. A must try for any Ages enthusiast. What can I say but Brilliant. Again Bravo Andrea
jlharter
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
I loved the playability. This campaign presents a balance of military units and resources making it a challenge and at the same time easy to play.
Balance 5
Great job.
Wonderful creativity. The realism combined innovatively with the tools offered by AoE was expertly displaid.
Great map design. I love the realism and the amount of resources relative to the tasks at hand.
Great story. It made you feel as if you were playing the part, and actually interacting rather then merely playing. The instructions were stated well.

Additional Comments:

The campaign was great. ** If you have the expansion pack, make sure you play this campaign on the original AoE start up not the rise of rome start up. Otherwise the final campaign will be more difficult given that the Trireme's range will be -4 from what it ought to be. **

The only problem would simply be the fact that the campaign ended too soon!!! I wanted it to go on and on and on.

When a campaign is as good as this one, what else can one say but praise? Sorry if this review was short. Hey, what sort of constructive criticism can you give to a perfect campaign?

Grade: A+

[Edited on 12/08/07 @ 04:16 AM]

jlharter Hope you have a new campaign planned. I will play your other ones in the near future (The really good campaigns I like to space out so that I can play them when I have more time and am realy into the game rather then passively playing)

[Edited on 12/02/07 @ 06:14 PM]

Crossbowman Very nice campaign Andrea, you have surpassed yourself (again...)

Hehehe I found out what it says on greenland (with runic letters) Little Big Nordic Adventure ;-)
Richard Ames Finally, Andrea!
Andrea Rosa
File Author
Finally, Richard! :)
weaz
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Hours of perfect gameplay. A truly masterpiece.

All maps were extremely enjoyable. Not too hard, not too easy. Perfect balancing.

The Quests and objectives were varied and there even was a fishing competition! Smooth.

The best designed campaign I have ever played. Need I say more? You really feel like being a viking.

Every scenario was historicly briefed an correct. The bitmaps looked awesome.

Additional Comments:

The best campaign....
The Dark Archer Rich it has been a week where is the review. :P Good to see you've popped in to see Andreas latest work though. ;)
MrILikeHorseys
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Another excellent campiagn by the master Andrea Rosa.Bravo and congrats on this stunning campaign that you call Little Big Nordic Adventure.

This campaign was perfectly balanced by the fact that you never had too many resources or units and they didn't have either.

A most excellent creative aura seems to lurk around in your mind when you start creating such brilliant map designs and objectives.

Your map design, as ever was stunningly brilliant and it actually felt like you were acting out a part of history.

A most brilliant concept of your storyline was it always kept you wanting for more. Also, the objectives and hints were very detailed.

Additional Comments:
A must have for all of Andrea's fans including myself. Once again, congrats on the master campiagn. Keep up the good work.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.9
Balance4.8