Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Miscellaneous Files
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Neue Level für Age of Empires

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Neue Level für Age of Empires

Author File Description
Rasteve Update 2023: Download working again thanks to Grandy02.

I have extracted the scenario and campaigns from Neue Level für Age of Empires - a CD released in Germany.

The campaigns and scenarios look like some of the very first created for the game (some possibly beta?). Some may already appear on the AoEH under individual works!

Although the CD is German, the majority of campaigns/scenarios look to be in English.

Moby Games info:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/neue-level-fr-age-of-empires

Amazon German listing:
http://www.amazon.de/Neue-Level-f%C3%BCr-Age-Empires/dp/381559961X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234703960&sr=8-1
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
DustyDuke_II Well, um, thanks for sharing...

But did you check the campaigns and scenarios out before posting them? No offense, but they are absolutely pathetic!! It's disgusting, they are such an insult to this great game.
I wasted all yesterday evening to look through all of them, homerunning most of the campaign levels and I couldn't believe what I saw. To sell those levels on a CD is a complete rip off!

About three of the scenarios would get a 2.5 out of 5, all the campaigns a 0. Some of them consist of levels with blank maps. On others the Computer doesn't seem to have an AI.
With one exeption the objective of every single level is to kill your oponent/s, no kidding! Save a few levels where you have to capture a ruin or an artifact on top of that.

Two or three of the campaigns were in German but the grammar and spelling was unprofessional.

The best you can say about this collection is that, if you've seen it, you know what not to do when designing a scenario!

[Edited on 03/01/09 @ 04:30 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:331
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:5.13 MB