Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Jungle

Author File Description
Robrecht Van Zandweghe
File Details
Difficulty: Moderate
Updated 2023: File can be downloaded again.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
SpineMan I really, really enjoyed playing this scenario. The game is based on the story of the Jungle Book and it is done very well. You start with a bunch of lions spread out across the map. You need to find the single gaia villager who will start your civilization which is not easy since there are lots of unfriendly alligators and lions. Once you find your villager, move him to a defensive spot since you start in the Stone Age and your single enemy starts in the Tool Age with a time advantage since you have to search for your villager before you can build.I played on hard and lost my first two tries before winning on the third. Once you can get your villager to a defensive location with surrounding resources, the scenario plays out like most other build up and destroy scenarios but getting to that spot was challenging and fun. A very nicely done scenario which should be enjoyable for players of all skill levels. Great job!!!

[Edited on 12/28/04 @ 12:01 PM]

skald OK, something has gone terribly wrong since Spineman wrote this review. I downloaded this scen and it is not what he downloaded. Instead it is Junglefever 1 by Tobi, 8-26-98. I downloaded Tobi's scen again to refresh my memory. They are the same scen and they are composed by the same designer, as confirmed by the same email address for the author. Here is my comment from the Tobi submission of 8-26:

skald

Posted on 07/27/08 @ 04:29 PM

You start in the Stone Age with a Town Center, 4 villies, 2 scouts and a couple of towers. You have 11,111 of each resource. You are completely surrounded by jungle so nobody can just walk onto you. This looks like a good start. I played for 1 1/2 hours, gathered some resources, picked off a few enemy raiders, and then it began to drag a lot, so I just peeked at the map.

I don't know if revealing this here is a spoiler, or if letting you play this for 3 hours and then get squished like a bug would be a spoiler of your time. Anyway, there are 7 enemy tribes. Each one starts with 99,999 of each resource. Each one has vast forests, gold, stone to gather. All 7 are allied together against you.

When I looked at the map it looked just like the National Guard armory parking lot. Acres and acres of rolling artillery, cavalry, infantry all jammed up in spaces between hundreds of buildings and towers just waiting to get at me. It looked like a warehouse of surplus military equipment.

So in effect what we have here is one human player with a 50 pop cap and 11,111 resource and a few more to gather, against a unified force of 350 units with a total of 700,000 of each resource and much more resource coming in. This might be recommended as a challenge for a much stronger player than I, maybe Tobi tested this scenario and was able to beat it. In that case, the designer has my utmost admiration. But if this is Tobi's first scenario I suspect the designer has not actually tested it to see if it can be won.
[Edited on 07/27/08 @ 04:32 PM]

I am working my way through all the Single Player Scenarios. If I find the scen that Spineman played, I will add to my comment here.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:173
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:22.89 KB
Added:02/08/98