Utilities » Modder Map - All Units & Objects in AoE2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Modder Map - All Units & Objects in AoE2

Author File Description
CADi_Master
File Details
Version: Age of Empires II: DE
Screenshot:
This map shows all of the Heroes, Units, Buildings, Eye Candy Objects, Corpses, Rubble, Projectiles, Cliffs, Trees, Plants, and Animals available in the AoE2:DE map editor!

Official Mod Page:
www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/46344/

- Last updated to v1.09 on May 24, 2022
- Download package now includes an 8K-resolution screenshot of the whole map with an index!

This is meant to be a 'visual dictionary' for you to browse unit & object options by seeing them fully rendered instead of scrolling through lists in the map editor. It's fun to look around at everything even if you're not making a mod!

Key Features
  • There are various sub-groups of each primary type (e.g. Melee Infantry Heroes, Ranged Infantry Heroes, All Heroes With Unique Sprites, and so on).
  • Each group has a sign next to it that gives info describing the units in the group when you click on it.
  • All objects are placed with little or no visual overlap, and are arranged alphabetically in horizontal and vertical rows & columns so that you can easily move around each group by scrolling or using a single arrow key. Sections are divided by lines of stone mines.
  • The default civs for P1 - P8 are each from a different region to showcase the unique architecture sets and unit sprites like Kings and Merchants.
  • The top corner of the map has various map control options like changing the color mood and advancing players to new ages to see how their architecture sets change.
  • Just for fun, you can also play The Ultimate Showdown, which gives all the heroes and units randomly to P1 - P8 then sets everyone's diplomacy stance to Enemy! I will add more features to The Ultimate Showdown over time.

Screenshots

Full Map

Map Index

Units, Heroes, and Hidden Objects

8 Full Architecture Sets and All Eye Candy Objects

All Trees and Plants

Wondrous Buildings and Misc. Structures

Thanks everyone! Please let me know what you think.

Note: To unlock some of the objects on this map, use A.G.E. or download the Designers Dataset mod (made by duyhung2h) here: https://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=13754
  • AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    duyhung2h This looks useful for those who need it, but from the looks of things, I don't know if this also covers hidden units such as projectiles or rubbles, or hidden prop objects like cliffs.

To go into details, my mod here unlock those said units inside the scenario editor:
    https://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=13754
    CADi_Master
    File Author
    Thanks duyhung! You're right; I only recently discovered your excellent Designer Dataset mod, so when I first made this map I didn't bother trying to find every possible thing that could be unlocked with AGE.

I'll issue an updated version soon showing as much as I can fit from your mod! Thanks for making that, it really is very helpful.

[Edited on 03/10/22 @ 03:46 AM]

CADi_Master
    File Author
    I've updated this map to include all of the hidden rubble, corpses, projectiles, cliffs, eye candy objects, and units that can be unlocked with AGE!

Current version is 1.05 at the time of this edit.

[Edited on 03/16/22 @ 01:47 PM]

CADi_Master
    File Author
    Download package now includes an 8K-resolution screenshot of the whole map!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Statistics
    Downloads:187
    Favorites: [Who?]1
    Size:41.67 MB
    Added:02/09/22