Recent Updates

Mod Packs » Whale Mod

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Whale Mod

Author File Description
Mithrandir
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Here is the AoE whale in AoK or TC form for anyone who wants to use it. It replaces the Marlin at Resource#1905.
Here's a screenshot
http://www.stormloader.com/users/mithrandir/downloadable/whale%20mod.jpg
or a GIF to see what it looks like in action
http://www.stormloader.com/users/mithrandir/downloadable/AoE%20Whale.gif
It's in .akx form and you'll find the .SLP included as well.
This way you can use MPS,or Ver.2 or even SLP studio.
Hope to see it in some scenarios soon.

Regards,
Mithrandir
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Xx Krazy kidd xX How do you install these mods????
i know how to install AOK mods but dont know how to do AOK:TC mods
Xx Krazy Kidd xX does this change only the first "great marlin" or both??
ArrangedEarth << - I love mod packs! But there seems that there is not enough! PLZ MAKE MORE!!!!! Thank you. - >>
tonto_real Well, better late than never, so they say.:D This mod is really kewl because it replaces only the first Marlin, so if you install it permanently to he game you will have BOTH Whales and Marlin on the map.
Kiro I have been looking through the Age of Empires II (TC) folders, but I could not find anything with an apx-extension. Therefore I am wondering where to put this kind of files. (More in general I still have not figured out exactly how to install mod packs.)
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions4.0
This is a lovely little Mod Pack by Mithrandir which adds a Whale to you game. Uploaded as an AKX file it replaced the Great Marlin fish with a whale popping it’s head out the water and then diving back under with its tail fin tossing out and in again. Whilst AKX files can no longer be used the file also already contains a separate SLP file for the Whale thus saving you having to extract it from the AKX.

The whale graphics are made at a very high standard. The author clearly has a good skill level as the whale is very detailed and looks really detailed. The whale adds a great bit of eye candy for any water based scenarios. The animation is really good and smooth but can look at but odd as it keeps looping as though the whale keeps coming up in the same place and never moves.

Overall this is a really well designed graphic and I would certainly recommend you check it out if you’re looking for some more eye-candy. I’ve even used it myself in my Natural Wonders Mod Pack.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5