You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Scorpion shooting 5 spread arrows at the same time?
posted 12-14-19 04:48 AM CT (US)   
In the scenario Rulick Unit Defense, the scorpion unit can shoot 5 spread arrows at the same time:

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have tried the following effects together:

Modify Attribute > Max Total Missiles (5)
Modify Attribute > Max Missiles (5)

... and what I got was a scorpion that shot 5 arrows, stacked on top of each other (without the spread).

EDIT: I figured it out. It needed a 3rd effect that reduced the time gap between the projectiles to zero:

Modify Attribute > Frame Delay (Operation: Set / Quantity 0)

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 12-14-2019 @ 06:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-14-19 08:38 AM CT (US)     1 / 9  
I am really curious how this was achieved in HD!
posted 12-14-19 11:25 PM CT (US)     2 / 9  
Basse,

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the designer (Rulick15) used Trigger Studios (a trigger editing program available in the Blacksmith) to edit the scorpion's attributes.
posted 12-15-19 06:19 AM CT (US)     3 / 9  
Yeah, but how do you edit attributes like that without requiring data modding for the original game? Since it's not UP
posted 12-15-19 10:34 PM CT (US)     4 / 9  
I used Trigger Studio 1.2.2.78 but I do not see those modify attribute options. What version are you using?
posted 12-16-19 01:26 AM CT (US)     5 / 9  
LoCoDoN,

I use AoE2: Definitive Edition, so the editor has these new effects.

You and Basse brought up good questions. I'm not sure how Rulick15 was able to change these attributes of the scorpion in AoE2: HD, since the Editor in HD did not have these new effects.

It's a mystery .
posted 12-27-19 08:50 PM CT (US)     6 / 9  
I placed 250 Sharkatzors for making mobile "Invisible Tile", 41 Sharkatzors for mobile invisible target and 41 Heavy Scorpions for spread shot. You can find them at the right corner of the map.

Since Sharkaztor has no clearance, numerous Sharkaztors can be teleported at once (only available on HD). And over 250 units cannot be displayed at the same tile on the Genie Engine, So you can make units invisible by teleporting them to the 250 stacked Sharkatzors.

As a result, invisible Scorpions fire barrage of bolts to invisible Sharkatzors. And I think you can't implemented that effect with "Modify Attribute" trigger effect or "UP-effect / attribute". Since it's just fake trick : /
posted 12-28-19 00:41 AM CT (US)     7 / 9  
Thank you for the explanation, rulick15! That's a very awesome trick .

The Sharkatzor unit is very useful for many things, especially as an invisible target!
posted 01-02-20 10:34 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Copy the attributes from Siege Onager to Scorpion, start with the unit type, then set in the projectiles part.
posted 01-03-20 08:13 PM CT (US)     9 / 9  
dontstayafk,

Could you please explain in more details?
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Scorpion shooting 5 spread arrows at the same time?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames